PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Audio Question

Kenny
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way i can use my PC Speaker system (Altec Lansing ACS54), with my PS2. My TV doesn't produce the greatest sound in the world, and was hoping to be able to use my speakers instead.

The speakers dont have a optical connection, just ur normal type plug, the type that plugs into the soundcard on my computer. I wouldnt have too much of a clue on the technical terms for the plugs etc, so hopefully you can figure it out :) Are there any adapters to get around this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers,
Kenny

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 15th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Right, off the top of my head here is how I would do it (bear in mind though I know nothing about your speaker system).

Get a lead that will provided 2 phono outputs (Red and White plugs) from your PS2. I use a RGB SCART cable that has phono outs on it.

Then you need to get a pair of phono leads. Then you wan't an adaptor to convert the phono plugs on one end into 13mm jacks.

Bang the jacks into your speakers and Bobs Your Uncle! Well, this is how I would do it on my Cambridge Soundworks PC speakers anyway. As it is I have my PS2 going through my Hi-Fi anyway!

- S