PDA

View Full Version : MGS2 Bosses on Extreme

Dark Angel
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Anyone got any tips for beating the bosses (both Tanker and Plant) on Extreme difficulty cos they are really hard!

Daedaelus
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Stock up on rations.

Dark Angel
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Erm, but there's only a rare few on Extreme...

dan da man
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:49 PM
^
^
try your best to collect em

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 25th, 2002, 01:37 AM
Well try to get rations first off.After killing a guard shake him down.Plus if your going into boss fights try to memorize the patterns but beware they will change as there health goes down.

dan da man
Nov 25th, 2002, 11:59 AM
^
^
guards dont drop rations on extreme i dont think

Daedaelus
Nov 25th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

^
^
guards dont drop rations on extreme i dont think

Yeah they do, but it's rare.

MakgSnake
Nov 26th, 2002, 01:40 PM
There is a pattern to defeat each and every boss in the whole of Metal Gear Series. Once you know the pattern, no matter what difficulty level you are playing, it'll be a piece of cake. I have mentioned before about killing the 20 rays before. Too much writing. Check the forums or the internet to find the certain pattern. :)

fritz14
Nov 26th, 2002, 03:55 PM
extreme is very hard and it took me ages. first post so hi all. my advice now:
1, complete all other difficulties first.
2,grabv all those dog tags that means ull have stealth and bandana for extreme.
3,bosses are very hard, 2 shots from olga and ur dead AND u cant break the light or canopy thing.
4, rations are very haRD TO FIND (caps lock) if u have to use 1 , make sure u use it because u were almost killled unavoidably. guards are almost as powerful as bosses, dont let em take ur health and rations from u. altho u should have stealth.....
5, u only want to do this once as i did so make sure u hold up every guard, most will acty tough and be big shots, just shoot em in leg they change their minds. it is possible to do in 1 try, i managed getting all tags lol.

Dark Angel
Nov 26th, 2002, 06:48 PM
I'm doing extreme to get all the dog tags, I've got 100% - 95% on all the other difficulties so basically got the extra items, and yeah I know about the 20 Rays thing, it is hit them in the knee then mouth right? Cos thats what I do

dan da man
Nov 27th, 2002, 02:02 PM
20 rays? what the hell on extreme im only at the beggining whats all the 20 rays about?:peoples:

Dark Angel
Nov 27th, 2002, 04:53 PM
You know how you fight a couple of Metal Gear RAY's on the other difficulties, well in extreme you fight 20 of them

dan da man
Nov 27th, 2002, 05:09 PM
HOLY BALLS and u have to disable them all to proceed?