PDA

View Full Version : Best avatar competition!

Hylas
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:07 PM
Let's vote for the user with the best avatar! C'mon! The only rule is : don't vote for yourself!

I myself vote for Harry's avatar, which is awesome IMO, even if it scares me a bit :right:

EDIT: if you prefer, you can vote for the overall best "avatar creator". This means you vote the user that in general creates the best avatars, not for a single avatar. This is for those who maybe liked some avatars that are no longer in use.

Mercury Shadow
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:10 PM
I would vote for Sleazy but he got rid of his old Sleazy P avatar :D

So I vote Fortune because I always love her avatars.

Rei
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Hylas

EDIT: if you prefer, you can vote for the overall best "avatar creator". This means you vote the user that in general creates the best avatars, not for a single avatar. This is for those who maybe liked some avatars that are no longer in use.

That's a good idea, at least I think so. I shall watch other people's avatars and then you'll get my vote :right:

merylsilverburg
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:20 PM
Oh this is tough. Ahh...I'll have to vote for either Fortune or Makg. They both have the best avatars, it's hard to choose. :right:

BlackThornn
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:22 PM
I vote for Fortune. :)

Infernal Mass
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:26 PM
i vote for Gadzoox, her avatar OwNz0rz!

Rei
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:26 PM
I quite like some of Makg's older avatars, and Sleazy P Martini's ones are always funny :D

I agree that the last of Harry's avatars is cool too.

Ooops - edit: how could I miss DigiMortal's avatar? It's so tiny and cute :laugh:As you see, I'm unable to vote for only one member :P

merylsilverburg
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Rei

Ooops - edit: how could I miss DigiMortal's avatar? It's so tiny and cute :laugh:

I know, Digi's avatar is really the cutest and it makes me smile when I see it. XD :)

Black Heart
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:33 PM
Fortune or Rei.

Rei
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Black Heart

Fortune or Rei.

I can't believe he really voted for me XD

Gadzoox
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

i vote for Gadzoox, her avatar OwNz0rz!

WOW!! You just cheered up my day!! Well... night really cuz I didn't see this until then... heh.

I think all of our avatar's rulez0rz!!! hee!

Rei
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:38 PM
EEk! The monkey in Gadzoox's avatar is staring at us!

Infernal Mass
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:40 PM
:laugh:

furry_spatula
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:42 PM
what about a cute lil mog? :(

and dont vote for me out of pity neither! :laugh:

MakgSnake
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:29 PM
I ain't gonna mention one.... so live with it.

-I really like Hylas's new avatar, pretty nice! Her previous one was beautiful too.
-Rei's avatar is something that suits her in someway. Very cute!
-goodman's is really nice, may be because it represents him, as its been ever since the beginning of this planet. :)
-SSSnake has an HALO one, but its very nice, goes very well with his banner.
-Sleazy really do have all the funny ones... nice!
-I like Meryl's serious one, it suits her too (Not saying that she is serious all the time) but I dunno......its like herself in that avatar.
-I dont know what to say about Fortune, she is like god of avatars, she has made all we have at the forums which are all literally mind blowing, and the ones she uses (whichever one) are always outstanding. Nobody beats her in the end.

Edit: I really like "Matrix's" avatar. Its really cool green image. NICE!

Everybodys is good too, seriously........they are all creative in their own sense, but for some reason I dont like "GIF" animated avatars. I dont like those at all.

Beretta55
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:16 PM
mine billy ownz you all!!! jk jk:laugh: i cant name just one....but i have 3 fav's.
hylas
rei's
and makg.....everybody's are good in their own way like makg said. but those are my fav's.

Mercury Shadow
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:06 AM
Just thought I'd take this time to say... makg, your font color is impossible to read without highlighting it :D

MakgSnake
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Hmmm.....it shows perfectly fine on mine, are you sure you dont have ure contrast on low and ure brightness at medium.

There is this blue, which I really dont like though. Then there is this normal blue.......which hurts to the human eye I liked royalblue but....its too light. What should I do? By the way Merc, I like your avatar too, especially your banner you showed me before.

Mercury Shadow
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:34 AM
the ones that showed up best were

I liked royalblue but....its too light. What should I do?
and
There is this blue, which I really dont like though

but it's really up to you, I can keep on highlighting if you like the color that it is now :)

Thanks for the compliment, too :)

REChick14
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:04 AM
I have many favorites and don't like to choose one so heres my list...

MakgSnake
Merylsilverburg
SSSnake
Beretta55
Fortune
Hylas
Rei

I can go on and on. They all have their own uniqueness. Thats what I like about them.

kupoartist
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:18 AM
I'm asuming we're talking about the lil' 64x64s ... so my current fave is: Gadzoox's. Lurve that monkeh ^_^.

(Rei's looks pretty too though)

Hylas
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Now that I think about it, artist is the only one with an avatar taken from his own creation!

RexNorton
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:46 AM
they have the best

Jolie
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:47 AM
I like Hylas, Gadzoox, Rei, Fortune, ZeroSniper, jjmoohead and... mine! Yes, I like my Rinoa's avatar, but I'm not voting for myself, I named other people too :right:

AudioBoxer
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:24 AM
I need to get one, someone find me one please!

Daedaelus
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:34 AM
I like MakgSnake's current avatar.

Matrix
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Makgsnake's are the ones that I probably think are the best!!!

AudioBoxer
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Rex I always like your worm sig's those are hella sweet

Si|ent
Nov 24th, 2002, 01:09 PM
I would have to say i like makg's and fortunes and sleazy's the best i should work on one but im not on forums enough to do so anymore.

AudioBoxer
Nov 24th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know where to get some, that work on this site

Daniel Legge
Nov 24th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Well i like DigiMortals avatars, i thought his old one was very good but his new it kool.;) ;)

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 24th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Digi's or Sleazy's pimpin one

Cant leave out Fortune's creations...eh...hasn't she won already? lol

Cannibal Clown
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:08 PM
how come no one has mentioned mine, doesn't it kick ass. I mean, look at it, it's all like,, hmmmm, uh.... oh well. So what if i don't have one, i should still have a chance, shouldn't i?

MakgSnake
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Yeah CC, yours really nice, I love the detail it has in it. Excellent color choice and its so bright. :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Yeah CC, yours really nice, I love the detail it has in it. Excellent color choice and its so bright. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Yes, I think Fortune has a lot of votes. I wonder when the competition will end?

MakgSnake
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:16 PM
I dont know if it'll ever end. I mean, this isn't the first time we are having something like this, and I have never seen the final results on any of the other competition.

But yeah, we know the winner (Fortune). So its all cool.

Ruby Moon
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:19 PM
You can't close votations after so little time! It's less than two days! Besides, I still have to vote :P
I like Harry's new avatar a lot, and also Yuna's one (even if she doesn't post much, I saw her avatar and I liked it).

Hylas
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I thought two days wasn't enough. I was waiting to see more votes coming, but anyway, if you think the time has come, I'll now count the votes, because I don't know if you have already counted them.

MakgSnake
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Hey!! people!! I never said it should be closed today, right now, this very second. I said, I dont think it'll ever end. .. Simple.

Cannibal Clown
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Yeah guys, keep going, i might still have a chanse of winning this sucker!

MakgSnake
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

Yeah guys, keep going, i might still have a chanse of winning this sucker!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LMAO!

Hylas
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Yeah, the invisible avatar of CC could win :laugh:

But seriously, there are some members that got more or less the same number of votes (I'm not saying who, but you can read the posts to have an idea), so I think this thing should go on a little longer, just to make sure we have a winner :D

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:45 PM
I'd have to go with CC's avatar.Mainly because it just blows my mind.It just drives me crazy what is behind that blank spot under his name.Damn such genius.

Hylas
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

I'd have to go with CC's avatar.Mainly because it just blows my mind.It just drives me crazy what is behind that blank spot under his name.Damn such genious.

Yep yep, a real genius. The blank avatar is a piece of masterwork. We must at least give him a special prize for this!

Rei
Nov 24th, 2002, 08:06 PM
CC and his invisible avatar... not bad, but the invisible avatar would look better with a frame though :laugh:

mark0™
Nov 24th, 2002, 08:11 PM
i vote for either hylas or rei, hylas is.. eyecatching while rei's is cool, i dunno?

Pu the Owl
Nov 24th, 2002, 08:17 PM
I'd like to vote for Harry's or Hylas' new avatars. They're simple and beautiful.
I admit that I'd also like to mention goodman, that used the same avatar from the beginning, apart from the last Christmas period, when he changed it for few days :D

Black Heart
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

how come no one has mentioned mine, doesn't it kick ass. I mean, look at it, it's all like,, hmmmm, uh.... oh well. So what if i don't have one, i should still have a chance, shouldn't i?
But Cannibal ain't the only one with the non-existant avatar. If you vote for him, you'll be voting for all the other ppl as well, no?

Hadoken
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:59 PM
Overall, i'd have to vote for fortune!! :D
but for the ones right now.. i'd have to say.. either rei or hylas!

Black Heart
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:01 PM
Thinking about it, Hadoken's new avatar is really cute too. But who is she?

Hadoken
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Well here's the full image. I was planning on getting a new avatar a while ago, and I saw the pic on my friend's webpage so I just decided to use it.

Black Heart
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Unfortunately, they are so bad they won't let us see the full image :P

Hadoken
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:15 PM
bleeehhh.. see if this works then:

http://www.boomspeed.com/hain/rinoa.jpg

Black Heart
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Ok, I can see it now! Seems a Rinoa cosplayer. Nice :D
There was a thread in anime forum about cosplaying and we could hardly find some decent ones. She looks pretty good to me, unlike some other cosplayers I've seen :blergh:

Hylas
Nov 24th, 2002, 11:35 PM
Ok, I'm counting the new votes! *writes down*
And yes, that Rinoa cosplayers is really cute *envy envy* Well, ok, it's just 'cause she's asian, that she can look like that in Rinoa's outfit ... hmmm... yes.. :P

jjmoohead
Nov 25th, 2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Fortune

I admit that I'd also like to mention goodman, that used the same avatar from the beginning, apart from the last Christmas period, when he changed it for few days :D

I too have used the same avitar since day one way back in the day, and even though i couldnt sign up there for a while back in january to july I still came back to the same one. I even used the same sig as then, created by Fortune of course. I guess that will all change soon though WINK WINK

My pick goes to Fortune cause she just has this amazing graphical talent.

Frozen
Nov 25th, 2002, 05:14 AM
I like all of Makg's avatars excepting that one of Slim shady :B

Hylas and Rei also have always "worn" awsome avatars ever since I've been around.

But probably my favorite avatar is the aftermentioned goodman's. It is indeed one of the most awsome avatars I've ever seen, having in mind it's so simple, yet has much significance to any Castlevania player.

And I like mine a lot as well, you fools :evil:

(now I'm wondering what the hell is going on with my sig)

(and now that I mention sig, REChick's is one of the bestest sigs ever!! :D )

Vic Viper
Nov 25th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Hadoken has the best :happy:

Rei
Nov 25th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Beretta55 new avatar is cool too, but he changed it too late!

Beretta55
Nov 25th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Rei

Beretta55 new avatar is cool too, but he changed it too late!
yes i know....oh well ya snooze ya lose:laugh:

Hylas
Nov 26th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Fortune and Makg (8 votes I think) have the same number of votes! Then comes Rei (7 votes). If you want a third position, ok, here it is: third is the little Hylas with 6 votes. We have two winners, it seems :shock:

AudioBoxer
Nov 26th, 2002, 11:13 AM
I think I can break it by saying I like fortunes better! Does that help? Now we have a winner

Gadzoox
Nov 26th, 2002, 08:07 PM
The previous one I had was personally done by me, but it was pretty bad quality and blurry so I chucked it!

You know you love the monkey! hahahehe

I like how Fortune's always match her sig perfectly, very classy!

Kay last post until sunday...I hope...haha

FlexMasterRice
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Fortunes' are cool. Just like me. :P

MakgSnake
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:36 AM
So whos gonna announce the FINAL FINAL results now.......or is this competition gonna be hangin in the middle like the rest of the competitions we have had before.

Atleast mention down the top 5.

AudioBoxer
Nov 28th, 2002, 01:11 AM
Who is going to find me a avatar?

Vic Viper
Nov 28th, 2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by AudioBoxer

Who is going to find me a avatar?

why not just make one.:peoples:

FlexMasterRice
Nov 28th, 2002, 08:36 AM
audioboxer...I'll make you one :right:

Pu the Owl
Nov 28th, 2002, 09:14 AM

So whos gonna announce the FINAL FINAL results now.......or is this competition gonna be hangin in the middle like the rest of the competitions we have had before.

Atleast mention down the top 5.

Makg, Hylas is having some private troubles at this moment. Let's give her the opportunity to come back and announce the top 5.

MakgSnake
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Ooh, I didn't know that, its cool, I can wait.....although we know you are the winner, I just wanna see the rest 4. :)

Hylas
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Yeah, sorry guys for not posting before. I'll do it now, fine?
Here's the our Top 5:

Fortune - 11 votes
MakgSnake - 8 votes
Rei - 7 votes
Hylas - 6 votes (OMG it's me!)
Sleazy P Martini - 5 votes

Here's our winners... ahemm.. I don't know what prize they're getting though :heh: Glory, fame... what else? Congratulations! :D
Be sure to make other wonderful avatars to deserve this praises, ok?

MakgSnake
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:07 PM
So officially I came 2nd. :D yaayy!.! Fun times. :P :laugh:

Pu the Owl
Nov 29th, 2002, 03:58 AM

So officially I came 2nd. :D yaayy!.! Fun times. :P :laugh:

It seems that if the competition closed one day ago, you would be first as well MakgSnake ...

Thanks for the latest votes guys ahahah! :evil:

MakgSnake
Nov 29th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Fortune

It seems that if the competition closed one day ago, you would be first as well MakgSnake ...
If that would have happened, many people would have gone against the votes and this comptetition. :laugh:

And its good you won, I dont wanna go against the lord anytime soon. :laugh:

Rei
Nov 29th, 2002, 09:44 PM
You're second Makg, I'm only third... *sighs* At least I'm in the top 5 :happy:

FlexMasterRice
Nov 30th, 2002, 01:58 AM
i'm sure had i changed to my new avatar earlier , i would have DOMINATED ALL!! HAHahha:P Just kidding...:(