PDA

View Full Version : Pre-ordering games?

Soul Angel
Feb 14th, 2002, 06:16 PM
I want to know how many people here pre order games?

I personally will only pre order a game if it is a game which I really want and/or there could be a chance that the game could sell out on the day it is released :)

So what about you, do you pre order games? :rolleyes:

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 06:58 PM
I would like to pre-order games, but unfortunately, I live in a horrible town, where they don't have pre-order tickets in their stores. Even the Best Buy in my town doesn't do that! I tried to pre-order Metal Gear Solid 2, but they didn't allow it. Luckily, I got mine the first day. But, if I could...I would definitely do it, especially for the big games.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 14th, 2002, 07:31 PM
I never have pre ordered anything in my life, and probably never will. I live in an area where getting a video game is fairly easy. If Circuit City doesn't have State of Emergency this weekend, I'll goto Electronics Boutique.. if not there, Best Buy.

BowevelJoe
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:49 PM
never had to pre order a game, i dont think ive ever had trouble finding a game in my life, well once i was looking for a game that hadnt been released, but thats another store :)

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Don't you just hate that? When you think a game is going to be released on that day, but in reality it's 3 months away? God! I hate that! A few years ago, I was searching for Battle Arena Toshinden 3 for the PS, and the video game mags said it was going to be released soon. I checked and checked and finally it came out a month later. How stupid.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:04 PM
I know exactly what you mean meryl, PSM magazine said Medal of Honor Frontline was going to be released in March.. but in reality it'll be out this summer. & of course state of emergency was supposed to be out in January but now it's the middle of February.

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Of course, you can't really blame the mags, can you? The info they get is from the sources they hear from, so it's really not their fault, but still.....causes a lot of pain to people who want the game, you know what I mean?

jenova_jeb
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:40 PM
I've only pre-ordered two games in my life. Metal Gear Solid 2, and Final Fantasy X. Most other games don't need reserves, cause they're not that big, and won't sell out. I'm really glad I pre-ordered Final Fantasy X though, if I hadn't, I would never had been able to get it :rolleyes: . The line went WAY back into the mall hallway.

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Wow. You must live in the city or a big town. I had no idea that FFX was out until I was cruisin' in a store and boom! There it was in the display case, and quite a few of it too. I completely freaked out 'cause I was unprepared for it. See? That's what I'm talking about.....

jenova_jeb
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:02 PM
No, I live in a REALLY small town. We've got a lot of gamers around here though. Everyone around here games :cool: .

Mercury Shadow
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Your lucky Jenova! haha, you must know every gamer in town!

jenova_jeb
Feb 14th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Lol, yeah I know a good amount of them ;) .

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 14th, 2002, 11:17 PM
Hmm pre-ording ,i think i only did it twice,and that is when i got my ps2 and pre-ordered it 6 months a head of time and mgs2[/b]

Spirit
Feb 15th, 2002, 12:25 AM
well I have never done it since I'm not old enough, but then again, I probably wouldn't want to, since I would forget and be surpised (I don't like to be)

jenova_jeb
Feb 15th, 2002, 01:12 AM
They have an age requirment where you live? That bites. How old do you have to be?

nanjij
Feb 15th, 2002, 01:56 AM
sometimes its good to preorder because, wait i'll give u a scenario

u walking down town a game is suppose to be release today and be the 1st to get it when u realise it was released 2 weeks earlier eg smackdown 3 but if u preordered it if the release date is put forward u get the game then.

i dont preorder that often only with smackdown 3, thps3, digimon world,and thats all i can think of :)

DragonSphere
Feb 15th, 2002, 02:26 AM
So far I've only preordered FFX. I may put one for Xenosaga in the near future. ;)

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 15th, 2002, 12:01 PM
I pre-order *everything*. Why? Firstly, Electronics Boutique give extra loyalty points for pre-orders. And second, just cos I pre-order it that doesn't mean I have to buy it!

I pre-ordered Smackdown! 3, and when I read that it was pants, I didn't bother buying it.

The moral of the tale, pre-order everything! You don't lose out but you can gain from it!

- S