PDA

View Full Version : Yay

Daedaelus
Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:40 PM
I just got Metroid Prime about 2 hours ago. All I can say is WOW! This game is so much fun, I don't have words to describe it. At first I was skeptical about the whole FPS thing, but it goes very nicely with the third-person roller ball and the entire game is very well polished with superior graphics and lighting effects. I can honestly say that this is the best game for NGC so far. Best feature is that the SNES Super Metroid is included in Metroid Prime!

One bad thing: This game is insanely difficult, and it WILL take you 25+ hours to beat the first time. I've been playing for about2 hours and I've only gotten a little past the first boss.

If any of you guys have played and beaten it, please don't ruin it for me.

One final thing: I would reccoment this game to anyone who has a NGC, it's that good, and well worth the $50

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:07 PM
Awesome...I'm hoping to be getting a cube and that for christmas

Frozen
Nov 23rd, 2002, 02:15 AM
Whoa, 2 hours to go past the first boss? God, you suck :evil:

I have indeed felt much more challenge in this game than in the SNES version, but not as much as to entitle it as "insanely difficult"

But hell, yeah, this game is already one of the best I have played in my history, and one of my TOP 3 games for sure.

and as I said many times before, this game is well worth to get a GameCube even if it's only for it :D

Beretta55
Nov 23rd, 2002, 03:41 AM
:( :( i hate you guy's:laugh: i havent been able to play prime yet so i have to wait for chirstmas....:(

jjmoohead
Nov 23rd, 2002, 04:08 AM
Now I don't think I can agree that one game is worth buying an entirly new system but maybe Ill just spend $20 and rent the thing for a couple weeks and play the game. After i bought an xbox and found there was no reason on owning one yet, I just rent one every few months to test some new stuff, so Ill stick to that. Most of time it costs me nothing cause Im buds witht he owner, but if its a game like that Ill probably pay full price.

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:13 AM
Yes Prime is very very sweet indeed.All the detail and amount of work put into it just shines.Definatley a game of the year contendent.And JJ i don't think you should make that kind of statement when you HAVEN'T played the game yet according to your post.The game is worth getting a GC for just let me tell you that.Sorry that you didn't find anything to buy when you got the xbox but now there is plenty,and same goes for the GC.

jjmoohead
Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:21 PM
So what your telling me is that it is worth me to pay the $350 for a new system, with controller, memory card and then another $80 just to play one freaking game. uhhhh No its not. especially when I can pay $20 to get it all for a week or more and play the game beat it and go back to my playstation?

I know there is more then one good game out there, but when I got a great system I dont need to fork out another $400 for a new system just for one or two games.

Thats Canadian money BTW

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead

So what your telling me is that it is worth me to pay the $350 for a new system, with controller, memory card and then another $80 just to play one freaking game. uhhhh No its not. especially when I can pay $20 to get it all for a week or more and play the game beat it and go back to my playstation?

I know there is more then one good game out there, but when I got a great system I dont need to fork out another $400 for a new system just for one or two games.

Thats Canadian money BTW

Oh exactly see you should've mentioned that before because a GC is 150 American and 189 for a bundle.Too bad for you that you miss out on it.

Daedaelus
Nov 23rd, 2002, 07:24 PM
Whoa, 2 hours to go past the first boss? God, you suck

lol, shut-up, it took me 15 minutes just to lean the controls. Plus, I kept dying at the first boss, since I wasn't able to move in time before she shoots her green....um...ray.

Its really good, but not insanely difficult at all. Ive had little trouble moving forward. Iguana there is a technique with the first boss that allows you to beat it in like five seconds.

Yes, you're right. I wasn't paying attention at first, but I went back after what you said and I was able to beat the parasite queen very easily. Thanks for the 411.

The game hasnt been overly hard yet, but im sure it will get harder no doubt. Im glad Metroid is back!!

You got that right, wait until you get to the 4th boss. :ghost:

Frozen
Nov 24th, 2002, 03:59 AM
Hey Iguana, I was kidding in case you didn't notice :D I actually got killed once by the very first boss, because of the controller thing. But, as in the other Metroids, getting killed by a mosnter basically means that you've learned the technique required to beat them. I really don't remember how many bosses I've been through, although the only ones that took me 2 tries to kill were the first and the last one I killed (the evil plant :evil: ) Right now I'm in the cold part of the planet. God, I love this game :happy:

BTW, I know for a fact that it is possible to play the very first Metroid connecting the GBA with Fusion, but, you said that we can also play SUPER METROID, my question is, how sure are you about that? In the instruction booklet they talk about a second surprise, but they don't imply it's Super Metroid (Could be the second Metroid game for GB)

goodman, my friend, you're so harsh to tell the reality... :weep: but hey, this time it may take them shorter, they may be developing another game right now... I hope so.

Daedaelus
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Hey Iguana, I was kidding in case you didn't notice :D

I know, thats why I said lol.

BTW, I know for a fact that it is possible to play the very first Metroid connecting the GBA with Fusion, but, you said that we can also play SUPER METROID, my question is, how sure are you about that?

You're correct. I'm not very sure about that, that is just something I've heard, I should have mentioned that in my post.

but hey, this time it may take them shorter, they may be developing another game right now... I hope so.

They are. Check out this interview with Retro Studios and Miyamoto. (http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/developerinfo.jsp?gameId=593)

AudioBoxer
Nov 24th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Is the game really worth the buy or rental?

Si|ent
Nov 24th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

Awesome...I'm hoping to be getting a cube and that for christmas

Me too, im hoping to get one this christmas but only time will tell.

Frozen
Nov 24th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

I know, thats why I said lol.

You're correct. I'm not very sure about that, that is just something I've heard, I should have mentioned that in my post.

They are. Check out this interview with Retro Studios and Miyamoto. (http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/developerinfo.jsp?gameId=593)

For some reason I did not notice the lol :B

but well it's a relief to know that they said we won't have to wait another 8 years for the next Metroid :D

Ninja
Nov 26th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead

Now I don't think I can agree that one game is worth buying an entirly new system but maybe Ill just spend $20 and rent the thing for a couple weeks and play the game. After i bought an xbox and found there was no reason on owning one yet, I just rent one every few months to test some new stuff, so Ill stick to that. Most of time it costs me nothing cause Im buds witht he owner, but if its a game like that Ill probably pay full price.

dude there is a reason
http://www.capcom.com/SB/index.html

Daedaelus
Nov 26th, 2002, 11:05 PM
UPDATE: Whoo! 49% completed!

Frozen
Nov 28th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Whoa, sport, you certainly catched up and fairly surpassed me by far. I just achieved 47% myself until now.

mark0™
Nov 28th, 2002, 06:55 PM
hmm, these prices, when i ever buy a game in the US (my box and cube is US) i dont seem to pay $80, never more than around $50. Just wondering if these are your actual prices or you were exagerating ...

Bogart
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Those are Canadian $ mark0, not U.S. $.

mark0™
Nov 28th, 2002, 07:12 PM
right o, so does that work out around 2 dollars Canadian to US dollars?
somewhere around that area?

Daedaelus
Nov 28th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

Whoa, sport, you certainly catched up and fairly surpassed me by far. I just achieved 47% myself until now.

Hate to say it, but I've been playing non-stop. :laugh:

Where are you right now?

Frozen
Nov 29th, 2002, 12:24 AM
As not to spoil it to anyone, let's say I just got all of the visors and a the second enhancement for one of my beams. That's the last thing I acquired. You might guess where have I been hanging around as for been able to get the last visor. (My progress was 51% by then)

And this game does not stop to surprise me. It is just absolutely awsome.

EDIT: Now I got one more beam, and another upgrade. 58% I think I'm gonna beat the game soon since I never beat them with a percentage higher than 80% for the first time :laugh:

EDIT 2: another upgrade for another beam. 64% of progress in 19:00 hours XD