PDA

View Full Version : Banners r us?

Si|ent
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:09 PM
What is up with all the pop up ads i am getting from the forums now, is anyone else recieving them?

AudioBoxer
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:12 PM
HMMMMM..... I am not getting any! What internet service are you using? If something other than AOL go to http://www.finagle.com/ and get that it works wonders, plus its free, you can also set settings on it to the pop-ups! WHat kinda pop uppies are coming up?

Si|ent
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:14 PM
It only happens sometimes and no im could never bring myself to ever use AOL and i am not worring too much since this is my folks computer and not mine since mine has left the building for a bit.

Pu the Owl
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:16 PM
Audioboxer is right: it's a problem you may be experiencing because of some advert software you unintentionally installed on your PC. They usually come along with messengers or file sharing programs. It's not the forums, we don't have pop ups services.

Si|ent
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Fortune

your PC.

Thats good to know but like i said i was just wondering but it doesnt really matter since this isnt my computer :laugh:

Pu the Owl
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:20 PM
You could at least try closing these programs, if they're bothering you. But since sometimes they're invisible, I'm not sure it'll be easy, considering it's not your PC :D

Si|ent
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:22 PM
Yea i would know where to begin since there is so much unnecessary junk on this computer but its ok i guess ill just have to tolerate it.:phew:

AudioBoxer
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Si|ent

Thats good to know but like i said i was just wondering but it doesnt really matter since this isnt my computer :laugh:

We dont read minds

Si|ent
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by AudioBoxer

We dont read minds

Wow someone has their undies in a bundle the only point being made there is the fact that i stated in my second post it wasnt my computer so you didnt need to read my mind just read my post.:disturb:

Harry
Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:55 AM
No, we don't have pop-up ads. The problem, as Fortune said, is probably caused by advertising software installed on your computer. File sharing software or certain Instant messengers comes all-in-one with this add-ons, that you can't uninstall uless you uninstall the whole program. Gator is one of these evil pop-upping program.

Si|ent
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:01 PM
Thanks harry:cool:

Redpyramidhead
Apr 18th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Harry

No, we don't have pop-up ads. The problem, as Fortune said, is probably caused by advertising software installed on your computer. File sharing software or certain Instant messengers comes all-in-one with this add-ons, that you can't uninstall uless you uninstall the whole program. Gator is one of these evil pop-upping program.

Gator huh? I've been having trouble with that one lately. I went to Control Panel then add/remove files and it wasn't listed under there so i have no idea how to get rid of it. Can somebody offer me help? I have 56k hell as it is and lately these pop-ups have been freezing my computer up. I think I also need to defragment my hard drive.

_RED_ stuff

legion
Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:08 AM
Now Im starting to get pop-ups. Thing is, it's doing it on both my home computer and the one at school - and the one at school has software that blocks anybody from downloading programs (like messengers, P2P stuff, etc.).

Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

Gator huh? I've been having trouble with that one lately. I went to Control Panel then add/remove files and it wasn't listed under there so i have no idea how to get rid of it. Can somebody offer me help? I have 56k hell as it is and lately these pop-ups have been freezing my computer up. I think I also need to defragment my hard drive.

_RED_ stuff

Somehow, Gator got on my comp once. I just searched for the files and ripped them out manually.

Harry
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:15 AM
We're adding pop-up, since it's the only way to support the website. I'll post more details in General Chat.

Bogart
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:29 AM
Too bad nobody realizes how much it costs to create a website like this! My father is a webmaster, and I know the problems you can have.

legion
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Harry

We're adding pop-up, since it's the only way to support the website. I'll post more details in General Chat.

Oh, alright. It's just good to know that it's not something on my computer that I don't know about. lol