PDA

View Full Version : Most hated character in LOTR

Hylas
Nov 21st, 2002, 08:42 PM
Is there a character you absolutely can't stand in Lord of the Rings saga (books or movie[s], it's the same, unless you hate an actor and the consequence is that you hate his role too)? If you don't hate any particular character from LOTR, is there a character you like less than all the other ones?

Daedaelus
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:02 PM
Frodo's friend Sam. Ugh....

Ruby Moon
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:18 PM
Frodo: he's just so weak and childish... adding to it, he always let the others do the hard work. Iguana mentioned Sam, but at least Sam is somewhat brave, while Frodo is not, really...

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:20 PM
Frodo...I'm not a very big fan of Elija or however you spell it. And yes he seemed very weak...

merylsilverburg
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Moon

Frodo: he's just so weak and childish... adding to it, he always let the others do the hard work. Iguana mentioned Sam, but at least Sam is somewhat brave, while Frodo is not, really...

Yes, I agree completely. I actually like Sam better. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh and I also don't like that friend of Frodo and Sam's...the one who always causes trouble....Pip or something? :confused:

Ruby Moon
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:26 PM
Wow! I'm so happy someone agreed :D I was sure to be flamed by a large number of Frodo/Elijah Wood fangirls!

merylsilverburg
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Moon

Wow! I'm so happy someone agreed :D I was sure to be flamed by a large number of Frodo/Elijah Wood fangirls!

Ahh...well, I don't like Elijah Wood too much...he's just...a normal guy to me. :blink: *runs away* :laugh:

Rei
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:33 PM
Let's see... I don't like much Legolas, but I admit he makes a great couple with Gimli. Other than that, I'm not a huge Frodo fan either, but it's not that I can't stand him.

AudioBoxer
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:34 PM
I cant stand that little Basterd Frodo!

BlackThornn
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:01 PM
Frodo is too naieve, but that kind of changes by the end of the book. He seems too indecisive as well, though. Always trying to take an easier way even after he leaves the fellowship (also a very stupid decision)

I didn't really like Legolas in the book (besides him being a great partner for Gimli) but the actor from the movies really did a wonderful job with the character.

Si|ent
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:06 PM
I would have to say that frodo's friends are much more naieve and the way they act remember most people are infulenced by who their are around so maybe they are the cause of his stupidity.

AudioBoxer
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:17 PM
Legalos is one of my fav he is tight with the bow, I also like gimli, he is hella funny, but that little basterd Frodo can piss off.

Ruby Moon
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Si|ent

I would have to say that frodo's friends are much more naieve and the way they act remember most people are infulenced by who their are around so maybe they are the cause of his stupidity.

If he's influenced by stupid people, this means he's even more stupid that them, I think. Btw, I like Merry and Pippin, if they're the ones you're talking about.

Hylas
Nov 21st, 2002, 11:15 PM
I wasn't expecting this result: Frodo being the most hated character among the members of this forum!

merylsilverburg
Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:02 AM
Ah yes, Pippin...that's the guy I can't stand besides Frodo. :frust:

kold
Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:04 AM
i cant stand frodo.

Beretta55
Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:05 AM
i liked all the character's in someway. but the one i like least is Frodo not because he is stupid little elf people scare me:laugh:

Darkness 4 Hire
Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:30 PM
Gilmi is by far the worse character in all the books!!! Legolas is the best!

Frozen
Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:37 PM
For all of you that "hate" Frodo and say he's weak and crap, it seems you are forgetting the little fact that he IS THE RING BEARER and to be a ring bearer recquires most of strength of will and soul, he, being phisically weak, has probably the strongest heart and will in the whole story, among them all.

Peregrin Took (Pippin) got on my nerves several times, as well as on Gandalf's :laugh:

Although reading the book is giving me a diferent impression from him, and I must say that I actually hate no one, maybe those stupid Uruk-Ai (or whatever is it spelled)

Ah, i can hardly wait for The Two towers :happy:

BlackThornn
Nov 22nd, 2002, 06:17 PM
I don't "hate" any of the characters from the books or the movie.. I find Frodo to be grating and find that he makes some really stupid decisions. Infact that's something I thought when I first saw this thread. "Hate? Who hates LOTR characters..?"

Matrix
Nov 22nd, 2002, 06:43 PM
I would have to say Gandolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........just kidding my real answer is Frodo......He is the main character and can't even swing a sword!!!!!!!!!!!

Redpyramidhead
Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:46 PM
I am on Frozen's side! I can't believe you could all speak this way of Frodo! Besides the whole point is that he is this remarkable creature called a hobbit which is dragged by fate into this incredible adventure without being ready for it except for his strong heart which makes him ideal for being the ringbearer. He is the only one who can bear the ring because his will is so strong! THe fact that he seems physically weak is to only stress the importance of the fellowship to protect him.
Ummm...what about favorite LOTR characters?

_RED_ stuff

Harry
Nov 23rd, 2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Yes, I agree completely. I actually like Sam better. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh and I also don't like that friend of Frodo and Sam's...the one who always causes trouble....Pip or something? :confused:

I don't know if you already know what will happen in the next movies, but you'll like Sam even more at the end. And also Merry and Pippin... well I don't want to spoil anything, but I can say that in the books these are the characters that make the action go on, not Frodo.

By the way, I actually don't hate any character in the book! I think that's so interesting that the main characters are not the usual all-muscles Rambos we are used to see in movies...

trunks69420
Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:57 AM
I think that all characters server a purpose. Without one something terrible would happen, but frodo is not "cool" in most peoples eyes(mine neither), but as someone said, he does have a lot of inner strength, and that is verry important!
Frodo sucks in the LOTR CCG! You have to use him! He always takes my wounds:laugh:

AudioBoxer
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:04 AM
Ya, but I still dont like Frodo, someone else can be the ring holder. They all do hold a purpose, but the little guy gets in the way, Legalos is my fav, its tight that he is hella skilled with the Bow!

Ruby Moon
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:06 AM
From what I know and I remember, it's not exactly for his "inner strenght" that Frodo is the ring bearer... Everything begins because Bilbo is his relative, so there's not much to do for him: in some way he finds himself involved and he cannot do anything else but being the ring bearer and resist, but without the others (especially Sam) what could he do? Absolutely nothing.

Jolie
Nov 23rd, 2002, 03:38 PM
I don't like very much Galadriel (is this the name?). She's my less fave character in LOTR.

BlackThornn
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:53 PM
Galadriel's character makes more sense with the Extended edition of the DVD. In the original she just seems like a freak wit da crazy eyes to most, in the extended it's brought to the surface that she's a ring bearer as well, and like Frodo she must endure the lonliness of that, as well as the sore temptation the One Ring is for her.

Miki
Nov 24th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Saruman: I simply hate him, not because he's evil, but because I find him to be a weak type of villain.

I'm talking of the movie 'cause I haven't read the books yet.

Vicious
Nov 25th, 2002, 03:18 PM
What's the name of the Hobbit that is not Frodo, not Sam, and not Pippin? Whoever he is , I want to shoot him in the face.

Hylas
Nov 25th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by LiquidSnake1231

What's the name of the Hobbit that is not Frodo, not Sam, and not Pippin? Whoever he is , I want to shoot him in the face.

Do you mean Merry? Or Bilbo?

Ruby Moon
Nov 25th, 2002, 07:09 PM
I bet it's Merry. But often people confuse him with Pippin, so I dunno :P

Frozen
Nov 26th, 2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

I am on Frozen's side! I can't believe you could all speak this way of Frodo! Besides the whole point is that he is this remarkable creature called a hobbit which is dragged by fate into this incredible adventure without being ready for it except for his strong heart which makes him ideal for being the ringbearer. He is the only one who can bear the ring because his will is so strong! THe fact that he seems physically weak is to only stress the importance of the fellowship to protect him.
Ummm...what about favorite LOTR characters?

_RED_ stuff

MY thoughts, exactly. Unfortunately, people seems to fail at analyzing the characters. They only look out for who's the most badass with the sword, that one shall be the hero. Throw Schwarznegger in the movie replacing Frodo and everyone will be happy :\

And Ruby, remember what would have happened if the Ring would have being kept by Bilbo any longer. Yes, frodo basically had no other option but to bear the Ring, still, had this task being given to any other member of the company or the later character, they would have all surrendered to "temptation" Even Gandalf, who is probably one of the most powerful and wisest beings on Middle Earth.

Originally posted by Miki

Saruman: I simply hate him, not because he's evil, but because I find him to be a weak type of villain.

I'm talking of the movie 'cause I haven't read the books yet.

what you said just does not make any sense to me, at all, from any point of view. Specially since you mention you have not even read the books. I'd like you to tell me more in deep about it, if it's ok for you.

Originally posted by LiquidSnake1231

ROFL :laugh: This is one of the most hilarious questions I've ever heard about this. not because of the question itself, but the way it was asked :laugh:

And yeah, that's Merry. Meriadoc something (forgot his name :P )

Beretta55
Nov 26th, 2002, 02:22 AM
hey hey hey frozen i never said i hated frodo. i like all the character's in there own way. frodo may be small but he prove's size dosent matter to be the hero.

Frozen
Nov 26th, 2002, 02:32 AM
I did not even mention you. But now that you opened your mouth...

Originally posted by beretta55

i liked all the character's in someway. but the one i like least is Frodo not because he is stupid little elf people scare me:laugh:

He's a hobbit, not a stupid little elf! :laugh:

I can't say myself that I love Frodo, but he is, like it or not, one of hte most important characters in the story, if not the most important of them all.

and as for Red pyramid's side question, my favorite is Gandalf, he is the man :cool: Followed closely by Aragorn and Legolas.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:42 PM
I dislike Frodo's friends the most.

MADRUCKIS
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:51 PM
^^^^^^Samwise Gamgee
a lot of people dont like him cause they don't understand why hes such a loyal hobbit, like or dog who can't do anything without his master. I think he's an alright character since he gets a bit braver by The Return of the King

I don't know if I can agree with anyones opinion case I've read all three and I know how all the characters turn out, so like by the end no one is some weak piece of crap
I would say Frodo, but he is the ringbearer. You should pay homage to the poor thing cause we couldve perished without him

I have too many favs to think of but
in no order of perference

Gandalf-Aragorn-Legolas-Uruk Hai.....freagin the best enemies....you'll get more detail of their characters in Two Towers

mark0™
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Ok, i have a rule, if the main character, is small, weilds a great sword, has great armour and has this all mighty status, he shouldn't

a) fall on his ass everytime theres trouble, use your damn sword!!
b) start whining and pretending to die when he gets stabbed! The damn spear didn't break the skin!
c) Stop being so pathetic all together!

I didn't like LOTR so much, bit over-rated, I'll probably watch all the others in the series, but i'll wait until theyre on DVD, instead of cramming myself into a theatre jam packed with spotty geeks (no offense) nah im kiddin, the die hard fans are cool :D

Decifer
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:43 AM
...lol, wel your right Frodo has all this stuff and when he gets in trouble he runs and whines.. if you ever played Two Towers for ps2 he fights but he always yells for your help.. GODDAMNIT shut up kid like serously make me mad when i play....:roll:

Deathwatchz
Dec 6th, 2002, 10:06 AM
for all the people who say they hate frodo cause he whines a lot, check out the book, frodo's YOUNG for a hobbit. if you gave a 12 or 13 year old a sword (around frodo's actual equivalent to a human), told him "get this ring to mt.doom or the world will end, and then sent him against the forces of evil, what do you think he'd do? he may whine, and he may not have died against the troll, but just because it didnt puncture skin, doesnt mean it didnt hurt like h##&. it probably felt like a shotgun blast at close range with a bulletproof vest on. that's why he passed out. my personal enemy is pippin. if you look, hes the one causing them a lot of the troubles as they go along!!! he told the people in the bar about frodo, he knocked the armor down the well, etc. (which almost killed gandalf)he may push the plot along, but he's nothing but trouble! if they killed him off, they'd save themselves a lot of time and effort.

P.S. decifer, the "cease" in your signature should actually be "sieze". just wanted to point irt out for ya :)