PDA

View Full Version : Die Another Day

007_JamesBond
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:49 PM
well the time has finally arrived, 40 years in the making and 19 films later the time has come upon us, Die Another Day comes out tomorrow and I want to know what you think of the new movie

Infernal Mass
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:56 PM
i think it looks pretty cool, even though i'm not much of a 007 movie fan. The production quality looks really high/good on this new one from the trailers i've seen. Also rumor is that there may be a spin off movie for the Jinx character. Which could be interesting..

AudioBoxer
Nov 21st, 2002, 07:59 PM
really I just cant wait, its like waiting for Vice City for me, I am such a big fan of bond

007_JamesBond
Nov 21st, 2002, 08:03 PM
good to hear indeed, yes it is true that Jinx may have a spinoff where it is exactly like Bond only she is the agent, or something like that

Ninja
Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:46 AM
im not a big fan of BOND, JAMES BOND. But hallie berry looks fine as hell in that movie

Beretta55
Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:00 AM
yeah i will go see it. i like bond movie's and this one look's pretty good and the bad guy look's awsome.

jjmoohead
Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:08 AM
my problem is I have this idea about going to see 8-mile again rather then 007 but who knows, i guess time will tell.

Redpyramidhead
Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:22 AM
I've been a Bond fan since I was a little kid. These movies are just the definition of fun. Personally, I don't understand how anybody could not like them. Peirce Brosnan is also perfect for the role. I've been anticipating the release of this movie for quite a while! Oh yeah, and Halle Berry, man! woohoo! :cool:

_RED_ stuff

Vic Viper
Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:10 AM
Halle berry nuff said. :happy:

Harry
Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:03 AM
I'm a big fan of Bond, but only in his Sean Connery incarnation. Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan... they never convinced me. Sean Connery is James Bond. Maybe I'm too attached to the past.

MakgSnake
Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:19 AM
I have seen the old bond movies too, most of them, but they didn't intrest me. My dad keeps forcing me to see ALL of them, I watch them if they are coming on Tv. But just in my opinion Pierce Brosnan is the best bond. I liked him from the TV show he started his career from "Remington Steele" in 1984 I believe.

But as NBC decided to end the show in the year 1986, Pierce Brosnan got the offer to be the NEXT Bond in the movie "License To Kill", as NBC had a 60 day option to renew the show with Brosnan, as everybody read about Pierce being the next BOND. NBC continued the show for a couple of few more "years". Giving the chance to "Timothy Dalton" to be the James Bond.

After so many years, when the "Remington Sleele" contract ended, the offer came back to Pierce Brosnan and this time there was noone to stop him.

Sadly people, the JAMES BOND contract is over for Pierce Brosnan, this could be his last James Bond movie, but if he signes the contract again (if got the offer), he'll stay to be the BOND for a few more years. (WHICH I actually want)

I miss that TV show as well, it was really funny and full of suspense! :)

ssjtrunks13
Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:28 AM
I hadn't heard of Pierce Brosnan until he played in his first James Bond movie. I have seen a couple of episodes of Remington Steele. At first I thought it was just another show made in the '80s and now I realize how good iti is.

007_JamesBond
Nov 22nd, 2002, 05:46 PM
you and me are alot alike redpyramidhead, in this one the villian has just as many gadgets on his car as Bond, and I really need to see that chase, it will blow everyother chase out of the water

Harry
Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I have seen the old bond movies too, most of them, but they didn't intrest me. My dad keeps forcing me to see ALL of them, I watch them if they are coming on Tv. But just in my opinion Pierce Brosnan is the best bond. I liked him from the TV show he started his career from "Remington Steele" in 1984 I believe.

My god MakgSnake, I wasn't expecting this one from you. You almost killed me. The "old" Terence Young's 007 movies influenced so many movies in the history of cinema; they were well directed, filled with original ideas and full of revolutionary special effects for that time. Just to make an example, Lucas took inspiration from the atmosphere and style of those movies to create Indiana Jones. Thunderball, From Russia With Love... Goldfinger... damn I love those movies.

If you say something like that to certain long time fans of Bond movies they could die of heart attack... well, I almost died, be careful. But oh well, that's a common opinion I guess. But it seems like there is little memory of all the movies that really made the history of cinema, and that's normal in a society that pumps gazillions of images into our brain, every day. Just a few did see all the movies acted, written, directed by Chaplin, Welles, Nicholas Ray, Ozu, Mizoguchi, Rossellini, Fellini, Godard(Ã* bout de souflle - I love it), Hawks, Ford, Peckinpah, Hitchcock, Bergman, Visconti, De Sica... so many artists, so many lives spent to create something unique, and many don't even know who they are.

Poor old 007.

Anyhow, don't get me wrong. I respect your opinions - it's so nice when you go to the cinema to see a movie you have been waiting for a long time. Have fun!

MakgSnake
Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:01 AM
Harry, I totally understand you, and yes those movies did have alot of style and sense of action which are even used in today's film making. May be its something I look for in an action movie, which happens to be done well in recent movies, "stylish, computer generated action", may be. But yeah like I said, I watch them whenever they are on.

Neways, I just got back from "Die Another Day", and well I dont know what you guys will give that movie, I give **** FOUR STARS. Excellent. It had some nice turning points, a very good storyline with the most explosive Bond action I have ever seen. Especially that "Car Sequence", DAMN!!! now would I love to see that again!!!

By watching this movie, it seemed alot that the action was influenced by Japanese Animes, which was excellent. Some scenes you would say that "Hey they over did it on that one, that doesn't even sound real", but hey its James Bond we are talking about, he can do anything, anywhere, anytime. :)

I loved it, you people would love it too, and Harry, try watching it, you just might like it too. :)

AudioBoxer
Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:43 AM
Ya I just got back from seeing the movie, and OMG this movie was soooo good!

Beretta55
Nov 23rd, 2002, 02:05 AM
yes it was a good movie but golden eye remain's my fav. one thing i liked about it was colin salmon being in the movie *one from resident evil the movie* he was brillant i say! brillant!!:laugh:

007_JamesBond
Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:23 PM
DIE ANOTHER DAY f*cking rocks!!! that movie was god

AudioBoxer
Nov 23rd, 2002, 02:48 PM
In fact I am gunna go see it in about 30 min agian!

Cannibal Clown
Nov 23rd, 2002, 05:23 PM
yep yep, have to agree, that movie kicks ass! But to add ahything else, that ahsn't already would be redundant.

But one thing i must comment on, personally, to me, i feel that Frost was way hotter than Jinx. And i'm sick of everyone giving her all of the, great hottie attention in the movie, when we all know that Frost was the true babe of that movie.

AudioBoxer
Nov 23rd, 2002, 08:08 PM
NO WAY! Jinx I think is sooooooooooo hot, way better than frost, but that is me. I just got back from seeing the movie for the 2nd time and it gets better and better!

Beretta55
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:05 PM
no it wasnt about the babe's and gadget's. it was all about colin salmon and his brillance!!!...that's right he was brillant!!:laugh:

MakgSnake
Nov 23rd, 2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
But one thing i must comment on, personally, to me, i feel that Frost was way hotter than Jinx. And i'm sick of everyone giving her all of the, great hottie attention in the movie, when we all know that Frost was the true babe of that movie.
Werd.
One thing I really didn't like about the movie was that "Halle Berry" was in the movie, she ain't even pretty in my opinion, and I agree with CC, frost was innocently sexy cutie pie!

BlackThornn
Nov 23rd, 2002, 11:43 PM
Just got back from the theater.. My god this movie kicks all kinds of ass. Best Bond movie I've ever seen, hands down, and way up there for overall movie experience.

...And I think you guys that are sayin' Frost was hotter than Jinx are just nuts. It doesn't get much hotter than Halle.

MakgSnake
Nov 26th, 2002, 05:53 PM
There you go people, Die Another Day, had the biggest James Bond opening ever!!! And topped The CHARTS!.! I saw that one coming.

I really wanna go for this movie again!.! Damn one hell of a movie!!

And I loved the special appearence of Madonna in the movie, that was quite a nice surprise. :)

AudioBoxer
Nov 26th, 2002, 07:02 PM
No way Hallie Berry is was hotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jinx isnt to bad but I think hallie is hotter no matter what!

007_JamesBond
Nov 28th, 2002, 08:57 PM
I would tend to have to agree with CC Frost in my opinion was a bit hotter than Jinx, but both even better, lol

sk8er_kyle
Nov 30th, 2002, 12:58 AM
Sounds like its a good movie. I had better go see it soon.:ghost:

AudioBoxer
Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:55 AM
I say this movie for the 3rd time last night, along with Solaris! It gets better and better every time!

mark0â„¢
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:11 AM
Just saw it, one of my fave bond movies, 5 stars.

I like how much new stuff was tested out (bullet time for example, and making bond seem a little bit of a vigelante) and old stuff (Halle Berries swim suit in Cuba is an exact, orange clone of Ursala Andresses in "Dr No" the first Bond flick, anyone else notcie this?? Also there was the laser scene, but the laser scene was better in gold finger, who could forget that quote, Bond - "Do you expect me to talk??!" Goldfinger- "No, I expect you to die!" :D )

But I think they took some of it a little far, for example when bond was getting electrocuted! Whens the last time you seen purple sparks shooting out a guy whos gettin fried? I think they used the bullet time a little too often, trying for a John Woo or Wacowzki (sp?) style movie too hard I think.

ps. Frost was way hotter than jinx, halle berrys cheek bones look deformed to me, I think she was just there to try an appeal to the american audiences too tell you the truth..

Vicious
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:21 PM
I've seen every Bond movie except The World is Not Enough, and I am definately going to see Die Another Day, but im not suree about Halle Berry( sorry if spelling is wrong) because she doesn't look like a true Bond girl to me. i mean she seems like she can do to much for herself (what we need is a hot and helpless blonde in there).

dan da man
Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:12 PM
ive always been a fan scince a kid, james bond realy does rock!!!!

Redpyramidhead
Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 007_JamesBond

you and me are alot alike redpyramidhead, in this one the villian has just as many gadgets on his car as Bond, and I really need to see that chase, it will blow everyother chase out of the water

Just saw it last friday. That was certainly one of the best chase scenes in any Bond movie! Masterfully done. I'm such a big car chase fan in movies, though, that it wasn't long enough for me even though it was plenty long compared to other movies that claim to be action movies when the action sequences last a couple minutes each. Bond always delivers much better in this department and doesn't dissappoint this time around, either. I want an Aston Martin Vanquish so badly man!!! A Jaguar XKR wouldn't be bad either!

_RED_ stuff