PDA

View Full Version : I can play a song on guitar

jjmoohead
Nov 20th, 2002, 12:38 PM
I can offically play my fist full song on guitar = Everlong by the Foo Fighters.

Does anyone know some really easy songs that are popular that I can look up. I'm doing the whole self teaching thing and I have no idea how to play any chords or anything.

Rei
Nov 20th, 2002, 12:46 PM
All Nirvana songs are pretty easy, especially for beginners. If you like Foo Fighters, I bet you like Nirvana a bit as well, so this is my suggestion. Good luck andd congrats for your first song :D

Daniel Legge
Nov 20th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead
I can offically play my fist full song on guitar = Everlong by the Foo Fighters.

cool i love that song it is great. do u like it?

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 20th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Woohoo , JJ is getting into a real instrument.Anyways hmm easy songs.Lets see, bush's glycerine,yeah pretty much every nirvana song,umm blink 182 has a lot of easy stuff, green day "time of your life." Well there some simple ones.If you wanna try to play with the big boys try creed "Stand here with Me" Metallica "Ride the lightning" but thats only if you want something hard.Anyways good thing your trying something that i respect maybe now that you play an instrument you'll see some of the talent that rock artist put into there music.Plus im self taught to.Trust me its a long and difficult process.

jjmoohead
Nov 20th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestions,

I have played drums for a few years so I know some stuff about the rock seen. I like rock music thats for sure, I just don;t follow it enough to like the punk stuff. But again thanks.

I love that foo fighters song, I basically listened to the acustic version i downloaded and learned from that

Sleazy P Martini
Nov 20th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Hey congrats. Playing guitar is fun. I can play a bit myself.

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 20th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
Hey congrats. Playing guitar is fun. I can play a bit myself.

Ha Sleazy thats funny.A bit you say.Your like a god at the instrument.

Frozen
Nov 21st, 2002, 04:54 AM
I remember I knew how to *almost* play the intro for Paint it Black (Rolling stones)

All of you guys that play guitar have my admiration, I found it absolutely hard XD

jjmoohead
Nov 21st, 2002, 01:10 PM
Ok so im play foo fighters in a Drop D or something like that, any easy songs you listed in this same format, cause i have a tough time changing it back and forth

MakgSnake
Nov 21st, 2002, 03:30 PM
Manson's Sweet Dreams is an easy song, and so is Wyclef's "911".