PDA

View Full Version : Are there good games taken from movies?

Hylas
Nov 20th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Are there any good games, and with good I really mean good, inspired by movies? I actually can only think of poor ones, where the game is a sort of "gadget" added to sell copies when the movies is successful, but nothing extraordinary or exciting to buy overall. Some of them are really terrible. and you can buy them only if you're a great fan of the movie (which means you'd buy anything related to it).

kupoartist
Nov 20th, 2002, 01:39 PM
i've [i][heard/i] that some Star Wars games have been recieved well: the Jedi Knight games are always quite popular. Its true though, that 95% of the Star Wars games that come out are also, very very bad :).

I can't name a single movie-game that has ever been a classic....

Infernal Mass
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:20 AM
Golden Eye, for the N64 was an excellent game.

Pu the Owl
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by the_artist

i've [i][heard/i] that some Star Wars games have been recieved well: the Jedi Knight games are always quite popular. Its true though, that 95% of the Star Wars games that come out are also, very very bad :).

I can't name a single movie-game that has ever been a classic....

Star wars games are often not directly connected to the movies. The saga is the same, but the greatest part of the times they have nothing in common with the characters or the events of the movies.

Frozen
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

Golden Eye, for the N64 was an excellent game.

That's quite an example.

And yeah, there's a whole bucn of terrible Star Wars games, but to tell you the truth, teh original games, for the trilogy, were AWSOME. So awsome they made me watch the movies :laugh: (I played the games before I watched the Trilogy)

there is Episode I for PSX which IMO is absolutely cool (but in this case, if you don't like SW you may not find the game to be that good)

A game I'll probably get for the GameCube will be Star Wars Rogue Leader (Rogue Squadron II ), and that game, I think, regardless of having been done based on the movies, is absolutely awsome if you like the kind of Star Fox games.

There's "The Thing" which came out recently, and it seems it's a pretty good game, although I still have not played it.

Daedaelus
Nov 21st, 2002, 09:27 PM
Spiderman. Not very good according to the critics, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

Redpyramidhead
Nov 22nd, 2002, 02:25 AM
Well as for games inspired by movies that implies a very large area, including games like GTA: Vice City which is inspired by a lot of different movies including gangster and mob movies. Max Payne is a classic story about a cop who loses it all and then goes on a one man mission killing everybody in his path. Think Charles Bronson flicks. IN a way games storylines in general have always been influenced by the movies the creators have seen. ANd of course the bullet time thing inspired by The Matrix.
As for specific liscenses to make a game directly based on a movie there have been very few good ones, imo. The latest Spiderman, the Super Star Wars series for SNES and other Star Wars games have all been incredibly good, though. Can't think of a lot off the top of my head right now...I think I should go to bed. Gnight everybody.

_RED_ stuff

Vic Viper
Nov 22nd, 2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Iguana

Spiderman. Not very good according to the critics, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

yup, spider man was pretty good, imo.

ssjtrunks13
Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:24 PM
The best game I have played based on a movie is The World is Not Enough for PSX. I am looking forward to playing the Lord of the Ring video game that's out!

Darkness 4 Hire
Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:32 PM
Defintely the star wars games are the potrayed in the gaming world today. Coming from movies that is.