PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best game?

kamari-ice
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Mine is Final Fantasy X.What squaresoft final fantasy game is good?

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:43 PM
I voted FF8 because it's my favourite FF game.
I know many FF fans say it's the worst of the series, but I still like it a lot.
I played it several times, more than any other game in my life, so don't hate me for my choice :D

Soul Angel
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Well I've let to play FFX but I decided to vote for it because I think its going to beat FFVII IMO :)

But for the FF games which I have played so far (being 7,8 & 9) FFVII is the best out of them :)

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Sorry but I don't understand howcan you say your fave game is the one you still have to play?
that's a bit confusing...and illogical :rolleyes:

Soul Angel
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Mana
Sorry but I don't understand howcan you say your fave game is the one you still have to play?
that's a bit confusing...and illogical :rolleyes:

I was just mainly going on what I've heard from what people have said and how the plot goes in the game, but like I said other then that FFVII is my fave, but this is just IMO

Cannibal Clown
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:26 PM
I picked FFX because of the fact it's the newest of them all and graphics allways have an unfair influence on my preferance for games. But I did love FF7, along with everyone else. And I did like a FF8 a little bit, but that was pretty much because of the game play and the graphics.

But don't get me wrong on my decision making because of appearence. I also dig good story lines in games, and that's one of the only things that can keep a player like myself going. No matter how realistic the game is. You need a story behind it.

DreamSharpShooter
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:54 PM
i choose FFVII because i got so involved in the story, the game play is so good, and the system too, i like too much the materia system, i like everything on that game...my favorite

jenova_jeb
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Final Fantasy X. It surprised me very much. It was really innovative, and I love the sphere grid, and battle system. The characters and plot are tyte too! Overall it's better than any Final Fantasy I've ever played. :)

kamari-ice
Feb 14th, 2002, 06:23 PM
I thought most of you would pick final fantasy x.And I think Soul, read the plot of ffx and the screens too.Thats why she picks it.I didn't play it, and I picked it.

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 14th, 2002, 07:36 PM
FFX!!! Auron is the greatest character ever, and the graphics, battle system, and story far out weigh the rest! Well I guess VII's got X beaten in story but who cares!!:D

IcyMourdor
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Final Fantasy 4!!!

I haven't played two and three.

Final Fantasy 4 was one of the greatest FF of all time. This game has characters with highly developed stories. The music is perfect. The storyline is one of the greatest I've seen in any RPG. And now, they released the hard version in the FFChonicles set. I will play this game over and over again. This is a must-have for die-hard FF players.

jenova_jeb
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor
Final Fantasy 4!!!

I haven't played two and three.

Final Fantasy 4 was one of the greatest FF of all time. This game has characters with highly developed stories. The music is perfect. The storyline is one of the greatest I've seen in any RPG. And now, they released the hard version in the FFChonicles set. I will play this game over and over again. This is a must-have for die-hard FF players.

I wouldn't suggest getting the hard version. I literally spent 12 hours leveling up at the end just so I could beat Zeromus, and watch the ending. I wish so bad I had bought it for my SNES instead :( .

Pu the Owl
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:00 AM
FFVII is still my fave one.
Agree with Mourdor that FF4 is a great game.
Not lots of people know anything about it, and it's a shame.
It depends, as for older FF games, on the fact for some people is difficult to get it.

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 15th, 2002, 03:47 PM
I tried 4 but I couldnt get very far, it was really hard. Are all of the older games like 5 and 6 THAT hard??

IcyMourdor
Feb 15th, 2002, 06:37 PM
No, they aren't. FF6 is really easy compared to the hard FF4. FF5 can be hard if you aren't prepared.

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 15th, 2002, 07:31 PM
That's a relief...thanks

Hylas
Feb 15th, 2002, 09:15 PM
FFVII is the best game I've ever played, so I suppose it's also the best FF game :sarcasm:

merylsilverburg
Feb 16th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Mana
I voted FF8 because it's my favourite FF game.
I know many FF fans say it's the worst of the series, but I still like it a lot.
I played it several times, more than any other game in my life, so don't hate me for my choice :D

Hooray! I'm glad someone else likes FFVIII! I like FFVIII because that was the first Final Fantasy game I had ever played. I did try FFVII, but I didn't like it as much. Probably because I was into Tomb Raider. :rolleyes: But, yeah, I love FFVIII, the story was really great to me. :)

Pu the Owl
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:01 PM
I really liked FF8 and it's probably the FF game I played for the longest time.
There are some weak points in the plot, but Laguna is one of the best Final Fantasy characters ever :)

jenova_jeb
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:03 PM
I'm about 9 hours into Final Fantasy VIII. I haven't decided yet whether I love it or hate it :p .

merylsilverburg
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Yes! I played FFVIII forever! For some strange reason, it seemed really long! I really like Squall though. Laguna was a cool and funny character, but I thought it was really sad that he and Julia didn't end up together. It was a sad story about Julia waiting for him, but he never returned. *Sniff, sniff* I think FFVIII has the most emotional storylines of all the FFs.

jenova_jeb
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Agghh!!! Sorry, but will you please mark spoilers :eek: .

merylsilverburg
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:57 PM
SORRY! :eek: I was replying to Fortune but you beat me, so mine came after yours! I'm sooo sorry about that! Well.....heh, heh....at least you're prepared for the scene! Sorry again, I'll remember to do so next time. ^^;;;;;;

jenova_jeb
Feb 16th, 2002, 09:48 PM
Yeah, it's fine. I guess it wasn't a HUGE spoiler or anything :).

talon101
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:12 PM
i think FFX is the best

Spirit
Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:32 AM
FFVII no doubt about it, even though I like FFX ending more, FFVII was more impressive and had much better music so =P

Black Waltz
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:03 AM
I voted for Final Fantasy 9. I think it's the best. I liked it more than the others. Vivi is my fave character in a game ever.

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:17 PM
FFIII is the best, no doubt about it

nanjij
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:57 PM
my answer would have been ff10 but i havent played it so i put 8. i love 7 but the city of the ancients music ruined the game for me, it also gave me nightmares for months. its a well scary song or tune. 9 well that just okay

x157anz
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:57 PM
*Abit off the topic*

I had a choice of which game to buy today FF7 , FF8 or FF9 i was going to buy FF9 because it is the most recent one in the UK , but i thought i would ask you guys for opinion before i buy it.

Lots of people have voted for FF7 :roll:
Wont the graphics be poor on this game ?! The FF9 graphics look ace.

Which game should i buy ?! any suggestions (All 3 of the games cost £20) ;) :ghost:

Pu the Owl
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:02 PM
My suggestion is: if you want a game with "better" graphics, go and get FF9. But to me FF7 graphics are ok for that game. The atmosphere is perfect. And the game in general is better for contents than FF9.

nanjij
Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:27 PM
BUT BUT BUT! ff8 has wicked graphics, **** story line i know, a wicked junctioning system, good 4 a challange and got long gamplay, it lasted me 98hours, ff9 lasted around 30hours, ff7 60hours.
your choice but isay ff8 unless ure **** at rpg go 4 ff9 its the easiest by miles (not including ff1-6 or 10)

jenova_jeb
Feb 23rd, 2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by x157anz
*Abit off the topic*

I had a choice of which game to buy today FF7 , FF8 or FF9 i was going to buy FF9 because it is the most recent one in the UK , but i thought i would ask you guys for opinion before i buy it.

Lots of people have voted for FF7 :roll:
Wont the graphics be poor on this game ?! The FF9 graphics look ace.

Which game should i buy ?! any suggestions (All 3 of the games cost £20) ;) :ghost:

I'd say start with IX. VII is a very good one to start with as well.

x157anz
Feb 23rd, 2002, 05:59 PM
Ok im gonna have to save my pennys up now ;)

+ my mate said dont buy FF games until a holiday not just over the weekend because you should play it day after day.... LOL my m8s are a bit :roll:

talon101
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:58 PM
FF X is the best by far even though i havent played it yet:roll:

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 25th, 2002, 08:39 PM
I'm halfway through VIII and I hate junctioning

X has got it all

(how can you think X is the best if you haven't even played it....no offense but that makes no sense?)

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Well, I'd recommend any of them. They are all great, an of those three I think of them as equals.

Back to the topic, I think FFX is the best, with FFIV and then FFVI after that.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by talon101
FF X is the best by far even though i havent played it yet:roll:

Then your opinion is invalid. Just because it has the best graphics doesn't make it the best game.

ixion
Feb 26th, 2002, 03:34 PM
My favorite FF game is Final Fantasy X because I've only played FFX and FFII

talon101
Feb 26th, 2002, 04:54 PM
from what ive played FFVII:roll:

talon101
Feb 26th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Sword 4 Hire i guess i shouldent say that sorry

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 26th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Don't apologize....I was just curious....

happy_doughnut
Apr 28th, 2002, 04:12 PM
FF8!! I know many people say it was the worse of the series but it was really great IMO.
FF7 was great too because it was the climax of the series. It was a toughy. In anycase, I think the plot to FF8 was great and very in depth. It was a terrific game!