PDA

View Full Version : What to do when....

Hylas
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:14 AM
you absolutely want to go out with a chick/dude? What's your personal strategy to invite them for a date? :evil:

MakgSnake
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:27 AM
I dont know, while talking to her, going with a flow....something pops up and I spit it out........you have to be talking to her for quite some time though. Just saying "Hi, wanna go on a date"...... doesn't really work at times.

But I havn't really asked any of my girls at first. I really should in the future.

RexNorton
Nov 18th, 2002, 06:47 PM
if you talk to them on a regular basis it souldn't be too hard. talk about movies, clubs or food...mmmmmm time to eat.

Killuminati
Nov 18th, 2002, 07:03 PM
all ya have to do is talk regulary, and of cuorse mack em. after awhile u should make it obvious that your interested

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 18th, 2002, 07:39 PM
What I do is I just try and flirt a little, y'know make em laugh and what not, and if I'm gettin feedback from that I'll take it from there

Hadoken
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Killuminati
and of cuorse mack em
yeaahh, that usually works.;)
well... it works for me!!:laugh:

Rei
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Convincing guys to go out is not that difficult, at least that's my experience. You just have to talk to them make them feel "important" in some way, like always asking suggestions, demonstrating you're interested when they talk (even when, yeah, you find their converstations a bit boring...). If you add massive huggling and compliments, you're almost done.

IcyMourdor
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Rei
Convincing guys to go out is not that difficult, at least that's my experience. You just have to talk to them make them feel "important" in some way, like always asking suggestions, demonstrating you're interested when they talk (even when, yeah, you find their converstations a bit boring...). If you add massive huggling and compliments, you're almost done.

She just basically described the Y chromosome.

I say become friends with the girl first. At least you get to know the person first and then have your foot in the door. I've known my current gf for three years before going out.

Rei
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor
She just basically described the Y chromosome.

Exactly, that's what are, unluckily, most of the guys I knew. Horrible, isn't it? :laugh:

IcyMourdor
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Hey, just need to find that one-in-a-million guy that isn't like that and you're set.

Rei
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Hey, just need to find that one-in-a-million guy that isn't like that and you're set.

Thanks Mourdor, dear, now I feel relieved :nerv:

AudioBoxer
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:37 PM
I dont need to do that cus I already do have a G/F, but when I was single I used Flowers they always worked

MakgSnake
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:37 PM
I've known my current gf for three years before going out.
Good for you, but 3 years alot of time before making a move on something like that. I mean.........I wouldn't go out with a good friend of mine for some reason. Not saying anything to you Mourdor.

Me, before going out with any girl..........have to know her for atleast 2 weeks. (Hangin out, just chillin). Thats perfect for me.

IcyMourdor
Nov 18th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Good for you, but 3 years alot of time before making a move on something like that.

Yes, I know that is sad, but I guess I really had no interest in her until about two weeks before we started going out.

I mean.........I wouldn't go out with a good friend of mine for some reason. Not saying anything to you Mourdor.

No problem, we all have our own standards and we live by the choices we make. I have no regrets.

Originally posted by Rei
Thanks Mourdor, dear, now I feel relieved :nerv:

Lol, anything I can do to help.

RexNorton
Nov 18th, 2002, 10:21 PM
geez, i don't think i've lived anywhere for three years letalone knew someone for 3

i'm almost jealous

Ninja
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:32 AM
cute Asian girl, 5th grade, I was really shy, I would always like chill with her and stuff, knew her for a while, i really wanted 2 ask her out but I couldn't. on the 6th grade I asked her out, we've been going out ever since(i'm in 8th now), and she loves megaman, and FF. (I really think im in love).

happy_doughnut
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:34 AM
Dating ? What's that ?
I can't say I remember having this experience. Last time I had a... ugh. *shame*

Meh, most of my "dating" comes from love simulation videogames. Quite fun, really. You can basically date any guy from an anime/game that you like... which, hehehe... they're just so kyoot XD.

*gets looks* Ah, bah... Piro :love:

Cannibal Clown
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:03 PM
My God, if I ever actually had a chanse with a girl, at all, i might actually take this thread seriously, but as history in my life shows, chicks don't find me much of anything, and it doesn't seem like i have much of a chanse with anyone in the slightest. The only time i found a girl who i really liked, and actually liked me back, ended up going back to Russia at the end of the summer. So that was a pile of sh*t and a half. And then the whole idea that people find me as a retard, looser, moron, dumbass, idiot, ect... leaves me with the idea that i'll probally never have enough self esteem to ever get the balls to ask a girl out is like one in a billion. And then there is the whole story about Liz, who i finally did express my fealings toward, and she gave me an answer that i loved more than i could ever possibly imagine. But she has a boyfriend and has mad it known that they will probally never break up...ever. So luck with me and the opposite of sex hasn't shown pleasable for me. And the only way i can actually ask a girl out, is if it's like, totally bluntly, saying, you wanna do something later if you have nothing better to do?

So that's it i guess. Damn,

MakgSnake
Nov 19th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
The only time i found a girl who i really liked, and actually liked me back, ended up going back to Russia at the end of the summer
I hate when that happens, I seriously do hate that! But CC, Ive seen your pics, like Ive said before, you are pretty good looking chap buddy. Seriously.

Hylas
Nov 20th, 2002, 12:12 PM
The only time i found a girl who i really liked, and actually liked me back, ended up going back to Russia at the end of the summer.

That often happens, especially if we talk about summer dating and relationships. They're not made to last log, you know. It's a shame, but hey, you're not the only one who experienced this CC. So cheer up, man: next time it's better for you to like a girl which is not from Russia, but from a nearest place :laugh jk

Lost_myth
Nov 20th, 2002, 11:08 PM
I just don't, plain and simple. Humans make me nervous, they're stanger.

Redpyramidhead
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:05 AM

So luck with me and the opposite of sex hasn't shown pleasable for me. And the only way i can actually ask a girl out, is if it's like, totally bluntly, saying, you wanna do something later if you have nothing better to do?

So that's it i guess. Damn,

First of all, try taking out the "if you have nothing better to do" part. Girls like guys who show self confidence and if you show a hint that you don't like yourself it usually doesn't help. I, myself, am very bad at self-confidence, but with practice have been able to not show it when talkin to girls. It will come to you, you just have to like yourself and know inside, while your talking to them, that you have a lot to offer them as an interesting guy. Also, you might want to try taking smaller steps towards asking someone out instead of one huge one all at once. Ask for the number of a girl you know and call her and start talking to her over the phone whenever you can. Then, when you feel comfortable, ask her if she wants to hang out sometime...it doesnt necassarily have to be a date...just hang out first and see where it goes from there.
Second of all, how old are? Would it make you feel better if I told you I didnt have my first real girlfriend until I was 17? It doesnt happen right away for everybody...trust me man...it can only get better from here on...it just takes a LOT of patience and time when you're first startin out for the most part. Hang in there man!

_RED_ stuff

Pu the Owl
Nov 21st, 2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

First of all, try taking out the "if you have nothing better to do" part. Girls like guys who show self confidence and if you show a hint that you don't like yourself it usually doesn't help.

Yeah, self-confidence helps a lot, especially with a girl you absolutely don't know. With the ones you know a little better, it's not always necessary, you can show your weak points, but with the ones you don't know, it's better to show a bit of self-confidence, even if you don't think you have it.

it just takes a LOT of patience and time when you're first startin out for the most part. Hang in there man!

Unluckily, patience and time aren't always enough. I'm talking for personal experience (not with girls, but with boys :P). Spending some time on a person you like is ok, but do not waste more than necessary. You'll find that if she doesn't care at all, all your efforts and time will be wasted, and later you could feel some regrets for it.

Frozen
Nov 21st, 2002, 03:21 AM
God, miss Fortune could have not said it better. NEVER WASTE ENERGIES IN AN UNWORTHY.

I have gone thourgh that s*** a lot of times, because I seem to always get feelings for he wrong chick, always. And by wrong, I'm not necessarily talking about the "airhead babes", I'm not a shallow guy, I shall make clear, although I don't just go behind anything that crosses in front of me, you know.

But anyhow, I have learned that the self confidence part is absolutely important: girls don't like losers. (so CC, stop that crap and to hell with anyone that calls you that, show them they're the losers and morons)

And well, an always second step is to do the flirty thing SH4 mentioned, as to find out how much you can expect from the chick. Always important is to be moderate with your flirting, if you go beyond a limit it won't turn out good in most of cases.

I don't recall saying I've been succesful with women because I have not. Right now I'm going through some situation in which I really don' know if she's the right one, evn though I have gone with her way much further than I ever had before with any other girl. Time will tell.

Redpyramidhead
Nov 21st, 2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Fortune

Yeah, self-confidence helps a lot, especially with a girl you absolutely don't know. With the ones you know a little better, it's not always necessary, you can show your weak points, but with the ones you don't know, it's better to show a bit of self-confidence, even if you don't think you have it.

Unluckily, patience and time aren't always enough. I'm talking for personal experience (not with girls, but with boys :P). Spending some time on a person you like is ok, but do not waste more than necessary. You'll find that if she doesn't care at all, all your efforts and time will be wasted, and later you could feel some regrets for it.

I also meant patience in a more general way. Like if one girl doesn't work out, don't kick yourself. Keep trying. I wasn't suggesting he put all his time and energy into one person cuz i know all too well the hurt you can end up feeling when it doesn't work out. What I was trying to say to our pal Cannibal here, is to hang in there and to never give up on himself or doubt that there are girls out there who will think he's a great guy.
And Thanks for bringing up a good point there Fortune. What i said might have not been clear.

_RED_ stuff