PDA

View Full Version : Worst animation

Hylas
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:12 AM
What's the worst animation you've ever seen? I'm not talking what's the worst anime. You may like or dislike many aspect of an anime series, and one of them is the quality of the animation.

I say Pokemon is the worst, especially in some episodes. The animation is not smooth and fluid at all!

kold
Nov 18th, 2002, 05:40 PM
id probably have to agree with you on that one.

Rei
Nov 18th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Yeah, the animations in Pokemon are really bad, but I've seen other anime with bad ones, for example Hamtaro, Ojamajo Doremi or Digimon itself. There are also series that seem decent, but due to the lenght they have a good amount of terribly animated episodes, like Dragon Ball Z & GT or Gundam Wing. To not count series with an overall awesome animation, but with some exceptions (like for example a couple of episodes), as Trigun or Evangelion.

Mercury Shadow
Nov 18th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Dragon Ball Z

Cannibal Clown
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure if you guys are talking about animation, or the drawings themself. Because to me, even though shows like pokemon, hamtaro, and other childish shows, where the drawings aren't at all realistic, they still seem to flow in an okay manner. I mean, like watching garfield compared to the first season of rugrats. The animation for garfield was great, but sucked royal ass sh*t for the first season of rugrats. And other shows, where the drawings might have been okay, but when they started moving, they just sucked.

With this said, i'm straying from pokemon, and whatnot, because they still seem like okay animation to me. All in all, the worst animation i ever saw, considering when it was made, and the drawings themself, I'd say the worst animation i ever saw would have to be from "The Golgo 13 Queen Bee" the drawings were great, buyt half of the thing was a slide show, literally. A bunch of still images with sound. And the only time the artists seemed to actually put effort into making the animation truely flow, was during the graphic sex scenes.

This movies' animation was f*cking terrible, but the drawings were still good.

But then, if you were to look at films like, mobile suit gundam first gundam, the animation was still flimsy, but it was released in 1979, and what can you really expect. Same with Galaxy Express Way 999. Bad animation, but it's old as hell. So i can't really say what has the worst animation, because time has a play in the story as well. To me at least.

Frozen
Nov 24th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Got to admit that DB's animation is not that good :(

Sailor Moon does not have very good animation either.

Zanku
Nov 30th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Remember Dragonball was made years ago. Its probably the best Anime ever still... :D

Pu the Owl
Nov 30th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by qube

Remember Dragonball was made years ago. Its probably the best Anime ever still... :D

Apart from the matter of tastes (in fact I wouldn't say either of DB series is the best ever made, even if I still like the first one), DB GT animation is really poor. And many episodes of DBZ are not very good too.

Frozen
Dec 1st, 2002, 02:29 AM
Fortune's right. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are some of my favorite anime series forever (I despise Dragon Ball GT )

And as she said, tehre's some terribly animated chapters in the series, in the otehr hand, however, we find others which are absolutely awsome (such as when Cell reached perfection and a couple of chapters before that one, when Trunks went apeshit trying to prevent Cell from absorbing 18 )

But as qube said, we most have in mind how old DB is.

But having watched many other animes, I most say that DB and DBZ are definitely poor comparing it to them.