PDA

View Full Version : Online Info

Matrix
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:57 PM
okay I have some quick questions about online play with the ps2

1. is it true that ps2 players doent have to pay for monthly fees???? the only thing they pay for is the network adaptor????

2. Is there a one time connection charge of kind......or anything related to such??????

3. When was the network adaptor released and how easy is it to find it in stores????????

jjmoohead
Nov 17th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Matrix
okay I have some quick questions about online play with the ps2

1. is it true that ps2 players doent have to pay for monthly fees???? the only thing they pay for is the network adaptor????

- no there is no monthly fee of any kind, there may however be a charge to play Final Fantasy 11 much like everquest does with the PC, but i dont think there is final word on that. For second part of question see #2.

2. Is there a one time connection charge of kind......or anything related to such??????

- the only cost to you is for the adaptor and your internet provider. Chances are you already have internet in the house so there is no extra cost to you. There is no one time connection charge. Note that the game Twisted Metal Black Online is free with the adaptor, you just have to mail away for it.

3. When was the network adaptor released and how easy is it to find it in stores????????

- I have had it for about a month now and I can't say for all places but i know its usually available in the stores around here. I had no problem getting it.

Hope that helps.

Matrix
Nov 17th, 2002, 12:18 AM
thanks man this has really helped alot...............is SOCOM a good game to get......I like war/strategies quite a bit.

Matrix
Nov 17th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Juust found out SOCOM has voice recognician software, plus a head set which can be used online and offline

jjmoohead
Nov 18th, 2002, 04:08 AM
yeah man its a great feature. Makes that game amaing when you can talk to you team in single player and tell them what to do and have them understand you. Or even better is the online part of it when you can talk to friends and figure out stratagy.

You have to get it with the head set, it makes it the best FPS out there

Matrix
Nov 18th, 2002, 08:57 PM
when is NHL or FIFA goin to be online???

jjmoohead
Nov 20th, 2002, 11:41 AM
This is more of a sports forum question but ill answer it here. From what I understand EA Sports is leaving the online aspect in the air for right now based and will leave the online feature up in the air until they see how online effects the sales of Madden and NBA Live. If it works out for them they will add it to other titles. I personally see them doing it to Hockey next year cause alot of fans where ticked that it wa not an option...I sold my copy of NHL2003 cuase there was no online feature (SEE MY REVIEW) Soccer on the other hand, if this online thing works out for EA ill see it comming in the next 2 years, if at all.