PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Deeper Kyo

merylsilverburg
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Well, I just finished watching up to Episode 16 of this new anime and I have to say that this series is very good. While I still prefer Rurouni Kenshin to it, this series is still worthwhile.

It's an old samurai-ish anime about these 2 guys during the Sekigahara battle near the end of the era. One of them is named "Onimine no Kyo" (Demon Eyes Kyo) and he's considered deadly because he's known to have killed a thousand men. The other guy is named Mibu, Kyoshiro and they were going up against each other...when somehow (it's not fully explained yet) Kyoshiro defeated Onime no Kyo and sealed his soul in Kyoshiro's body and buried Onime no Kyo's body somewhere. Then Kyoshiro disappered.

Four years later, a girl named Yuya is looking for the legendary Onime no Kyo because of the large bounty on his head. She stumbles across this medicine seller, named Mibu, Kyoshiro who doesn't fight and has forgotten some of his memory. Now, enemies are looking for Onime no Kyo to kill him and during the course of one battle, Onime no Kyo's personality came out of Kyoshiro's and now, the kind Kyoshiro is now Kyo. Kyo is on a search to find his body in order to destroy the only guy to have defeated him, Mibu Kyoshiro.

Yes, it's confusing as hell. You would have to watch it in order to...uh...kinda understand it. :P Those episodes I watched and I'm still confused. :right: The drawings are good and clean. The fight scenes...are not as exciting as Kenshin's but this type of style fits into this anime, so it works. Despite all the confusion in the plot, I still recommend this anime to whoever's interested. :)

Mercury Shadow
Nov 18th, 2002, 07:12 PM
You should review animes for a website or somethin, meryl. I was interested in reading that even though I had NO clue about this anime :)

merylsilverburg
Nov 18th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Review?! :shock: Omg, no....I mean, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my choppy and unorganized writing, but I don't think I'll be very good at reviews. I'm not good when it comes to describing characters and settings all, it's just luck sometimes when it flows together. :heh: But thank you for saying that Merc. :happy: