PDA

View Full Version : I dont get it

Vicious_2003
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:54 PM
I was watching MTV (TRL) a few days ago, one of the rare times I ever tune in to MTV. Well any ways Eminem was on promoting his movie 8 Mile. And it came to my attention that about half of the females in the crowd were balling their eyes out at the sight of him, Eminem that is. In all my contemplation i couldnt possibly come up with a justification for such emotion. I mean I could understand crying in happiness at the sight of god maybe but not a rap artist. I mean are these girls so insecure in their identities that they could actually be in awe of another person just because he is famous and good looking. What is it about Eminem making a comment that induces screams and tears from these mindless groupies. Cant they see how ridiculous they are making themselves look. Far too much emphasis is placed on looks and fame in this country today, I mean would these girls be as moved by the sight of someone who actually accomplished something that has had a deep impact on society such as say a re-incarnated Albert Einstein (Bad example I know) , the answer, undoubtedly NOT. Perhaps im wrong...perhaps their is a good reason for such ridiculous behavior , perhaps someone here can help me out with a little feedback ? ;)

RexNorton
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:13 PM
god bless america

Noki Noki
Nov 10th, 2002, 10:52 PM
Sigmund Freud said, amongst all of his work, that all human actions are motivated by two things: the desire to be great, and the urge for sexual gratification..

.. "Mommy Mommy, thats America!"

They patronize him because its what they see fit.
They don't see what they're doing as obscurely stupid.. its like a 5 year old in Toys 'R Us.. (with the same mentality in mind)

They put their lives in these things because they don't know any better, and don't care about anything outside of pop culture because it's the philosophy they live by.. (so to speak) and that encourages everyone around them. Back to part A.

They all think the same because of their enviroment and because of what they are forced to believe because they would rather center their life on a culture, rather than understand themselves in respects of their actions.. but if everyone's doing it, its okay, right?

Its like those anime, furry, etc etc conventions.
They pull the mind to believe that "culture" rather than have common sense..

I dunno. This post was roundabout and pointless..

MakgSnake
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Like you said those girls are called groupies. Every artist on this planet has groupies, I mean nobody likes Michael Jackson now a days, but he had groupies girls all over, who when saw him, cried and "actually" fainted. I visit official Eminem forums, and well there are tons and tons of groupies over there posting, some of them thinkin I am the real Eminem and private messaging me telling how much they love me and what will they do for me and everything. Its quite annoying (groupies are annoying).

By the way I saw that episode, they had to shut down TIMES SQUARE cause of soo many Eminem fans. And they said thats the maximum numbers of fans TRL has ever seen for an artist.

Eminem is blessed and gifted.

merylsilverburg
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I mean nobody likes Michael Jackson now a days, but he had groupies girls all over, who when saw him, cried and "actually" fainted.

Very true. I remember when I was younger and whenever Michael Jackson had a concert or something, all these girls and women would just, like Makg said, faint or cry and cry. I was always confused and thought nothing of it after that. But now, I think you may be right, Weapon, that these girls are just insecure that they are in complete awe of the person they adore which causes them to react in that way.
Groupies are obsessive...sometimes to the extreme. It's a good thing that Eminem is still alive and well....I remember flipping through MTV and caught a preview of this show called "Graveside Groupies" which are people who are so obsessed with the deceased singer they adore that they dropped out of school, didn't eat for this many days or something...it was insane stuff.

Gadzoox
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Personally I don't think he's even a bit good looking so I don't understand that part.
And aren't groupies the people who help set up shows and concerts and stuff... or maybe that's my own deifinition; I call what we are speaking of 'cronies'.
ANYWAYS umm, i like Micheal Jackson! Only because he looks really funny. I still don't really understand what he has to do with eminem
Heh, Makg, did you tell those poor children that you are eminem?! :laugh:
Yeah; I don't have a point to this at all, as usual. :)

Mebbey they all had grapefruit that morning for breakfast or were cutting up onions before they left...?

Beretta55
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:24 PM
i hate groupie's they are the most annoying people on the earth they are the people that i despise....yes im being mean:laugh: yes slim shady is in front of you i would be excited to since a artist i like im seeing in person. but i just wont faint and cry over it i mean come on groupies the man isnt god!! some people need to sit down and chill or just be locked away from the world....ok im done:laugh:

Redpyramidhead
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox
Personally I don't think he's even a bit good looking so I don't understand that part.
And aren't groupies the people who help set up shows and concerts and stuff...

no no those are roadies

_RED_ stuff

MakgSnake
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Gadzoox
Heh, Makg, did you tell those poor children that you are eminem?! :laugh:
At first I use to Pm back telling them that I am not the Real Slim Shady (Eminem). But I get atleast 4 pmes a day, from these newbies and groupies, telling me how much they love me and some of them are pretty looong.

Recently I got this REALLY funny one, which said. "Eminem I love you, and you did an amazing job in 8 Mile, and I hate my mom too, she treats me like shit and she drinks, she is just like your mom in the movie, but she doesn't play bingo though" (Cause Eminem's mom plays bingo in the movie)

That cracked me up sooo bad. So yeah....... I have stopped replyin them back, cause its quite hectic replying to these people.

I was a Huge MJ fan before. The best dancer, one of the best composer too. I have most of his concersts tapes and I use to see those girls getting faint and cry.....and I use to tell my self (I dont think I will ever do that) was 12 years old back then.

By the way, I dont think nobody hates Eminem more then My very own sisters (both older then me) and despise him. But after seeing 8 Mile, Both of them have a thing for him :peoples: .. I know its weird, and they find him cute and attractive now.

Frozen
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:50 AM
Weapon, the only explanation to this, is because this world is full of morons and mindless, stupid idiots. It's good that you admire someone and respect, and all that, it's all good, but when you cross the line between admiration and worship, you are screwed up.

And so are all those persons who worship others, real screwed up, because, we are all the same, and Eminem is nothing but a mere raper who seems to be good at what he does, and in the opininon of many, good looking. But I don't either feel any admration towards him, or to what he does, and at any point do I wish to have even half of his fame. I really can not say anything for sure since I do not know, but it would not be surprising that his life is miserable and fukt up, but people think that he's blessed and stuff just because he's a "BADASS RAPER". (and what I'm saying goes for most of the "Famous and Rich people" )

I personally, could not stand an environment of fame. As long as those I care for always recognise me and remember me, I'll be happy.