PDA

View Full Version : What is fear?

007_JamesBond
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:30 PM
esactly that, what is your definition of fear? where does it come from? why do we have it?

dont say some thing like fear is being afraid of something either, use other words than that if you can

Lost_myth
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 007_JamesBond
esactly that, what is your definition of fear? where does it come from? why do we have it?

dont say some thing like fear is being afraid of something either, use other words than that if you can

Fear is caution and not wanting to take risks or challenges.

It maybe from laziness, horror stories or maybe it's something we're taught.:shock:

We have it cause we need it? I don't know...:peoples:

007_JamesBond
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:44 PM
we need it? why?

not wanting to take challenges or risks is being cautious and it is not necessarily because of fear and we are taught to be afraid to?

Noki Noki
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:00 PM
I believe we have it, because what you consider "it" is a natural reaction to the situation around us. An emotion of sorts..

And if that's a decent conclusion, why do we have emotions?
Simply a reaction to our enviroment/situation..

007_JamesBond
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:02 PM
i beleive that emotions are the only thing that connect us to other people

MakgSnake
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Fear is negativity inside you, that tells you not to do something, when you feel negative about something. Now this negative could be a good thing at times. (While killing a person for the first time, fear will be there inside, and just may stop you from killing that person)

Fear comes from not believe in faith I believe. Its inside you waiting to burst out from every single part of your body.

I'll explain later what excatly it is. Fear is everything a person makes out of it.

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Fear is just a trick your mind plays on you, affecting your thoughts and actions. Just a figment of your imagination

Gadzoox
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:25 PM
99.99% of all fear is purely of the unknown.
I really can't think of any examples to prove myself wrong right now. You guys can do that part. :)

Beretta55
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:29 PM
Fear is just in the mind...its like watching a horror movie if you hear noises it's just your mind...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!:laugh:

Hylas
Nov 13th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Most of the time fear is a completely not rational feeling. You can't describe it, and sometimes you don't even know why you're afraid of something. Let's take phobias as an example: people who have a certain phobia can't really say why they fear that thing, or they can give only not accurate descriptions of their motivations.

007_JamesBond
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:00 PM
would you classify fear as motivation?

Hylas
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Nope, fear is not motivation. But fear needs a motivation. You have to be able to say "I fear a certain thing because of this reason" or "I could fear it for this reason". If it has no motivation or if it's not rational, as I said, it becomes phobia.

Rei
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Hylas
Nope, fear is not motivation. But fear needs a motivation. You have to be able to say "I fear a certain thing because of this reason" or "I could fear it for this reason". If it has no motivation or if it's not rational, as I said, it becomes phobia.

Do you mean fear can't be blind? If so, I can agree and I can't agree at the same time. It's true that phobia is a kind of fear which has not rational explanation, and that for other typologies of fear there's some event or reason as a basis. But when you're afraid, you can't control 100% of your abilities and possibilities using your brain in a rational way. It's the instinct that gains strenght.

007_JamesBond
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:19 PM
i mean fear as motivation to do something

such as you have to get something done but are afraid to do it, you use it to motivate you to get it done, to prove that your stronger than your mear emotions, if you under stand that