PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers!

Elmyra
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:46 AM
What's the worst thing for you? Having a movie spoiled before you see it or having a game spoiled before you play it?

Beretta55
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:00 AM
that is a tough question but i have to say game's. i dont really care for movie spoiler's but i hate it when the kid next to you say's some important information you dont want to know. just want's to make me rip the kid's head off!!:laugh:

Hylas
Nov 8th, 2002, 10:07 AM
It equally sucks for me, but having a movie spoiled, especially if it was a movie I was really curious to see, it's a bit worse. If a game is spoiled at least I can still play it, even if I know details of the plot :P

Infernal Mass
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:44 AM
most deffinately having a game spoiled is the worse. Especially since i'd be spending more of my time with a game rather than a movie.

MakgSnake
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:50 PM
I think a movie for me. Because you cant do anything about it, because usually a movie revolves around that one thing, which opens up in the end, and if some spoils it for me, its just isn't that fun at all.

As for a game, if someone spoils it, theres alot more to in the game, which I can know and find out (ofcourse knowing the main spoiler) but games usually have multiple spoilers (some being very small ones).

BUT, if its Metal Gear, I will kill that person. And I seriously mean kill him/her. I wont be able to take that......no one could (j/k). I seriously wouldn't be able to smile for the next 3-4 years till the next sequal hits the stores.

AudioBoxer
Nov 9th, 2002, 10:54 AM
The worst movie would have to be Blue Crush I downloaded it and watched it and I thought it rocked, so I went to see it in theater and it spoiled it for me cus I knew what was gunna happen!

Lost_myth
Nov 9th, 2002, 11:24 AM
they mystery is gone, and I feel like redrum.... or brains! when they do it. It's an angry reaction. I think they both are a tie... you'll still watch the movie (unless it sucks) but it'll take you even longer to finish the game now that you know the end.

IcyMourdor
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Having a game spoiled is much worse. I put a lot of work into it and I prefer to be surprised with the next part of the storylines.

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 10th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Game by far specially RPG's, because your spending countless hours getting to know these characters, your living their lives and experiencing their adventures, so when events happen you want to react exactly how the heroes are. When there are deaths you want to be shocked or saddened, when there are uplifting parts you want to feel happy and cheerful, all of these emotions are what make games grand, but when you know about these events prior you almost feel distant from all the emotion and you wont be able to experience all of the feelings that a game allows you to feel, and in the end that really sucks...

wow I sure did babble on :laugh:

Noki Noki
Nov 10th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Movies, but especially animes.
I say this, because, depending on the game, I usually predict what happens anyway.. but then, I can do that with a movie, but I don't really have time to, because my attention's diverted.. kinda-sorta, and some movies are more spontaneous than others.

Either way, I can still play the game and have fun (fighting bosses and the like), but with a movie, it seems there's no real point in seeing it because the atmosphere just seems gone.. x.x and since you already know what happens, there's no point to sit there for an hour..