PDA

View Full Version : 8-Mile OHHHH YESSSS!!!!

jjmoohead
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:48 AM
I got my tickets tonight for the late show tomorrow. Its going to be a great flick, can't wait.

MakgSnake
Nov 8th, 2002, 12:50 AM
Damn you Jj, I wanted to make an 8Mile thread!.!!!!! :laugh:

Oh well, I bought the tickets yesterday for the tomorrow's 9:15 show, check ma signature.!. :D

Man I am sooooooo freaking excited about the movie. Today saw the "Making of 8Mile" on BET and tomorrow 3pm from MTV, another 8Mile special is going to come!!.!! Gonna watch that too.!.

And then the movie! Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beretta55
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:23 AM
i really dont like you both now:laugh: jk jk...im going to try to see this movie in the thearter or see it on DVD:disturb:

jjmoohead
Nov 8th, 2002, 02:57 PM
If I could I would pre order the DVD today hehehe. A friend of mine can't come tonight so im also going on sunday and I have a date to see it tuesday (cheep night). I just hope its good enough to see it 3 times. What am i saying...ITS GOING TO RULE THE UNIVERSE!

MakgSnake
Nov 8th, 2002, 04:25 PM
True it is for sure. I just finished watching the new TRL and Movie House and people are saying Em could win an oscar for this movie

And the TRL was live, the fans shut down the who Time Square, damn! It was amazing....................

Neways........I know I will watch this movie more then once for sure, and that DVD, ............. I will 101% get it, whenever it comes out.

I saw a couple of more shots of the movie and its making me go crazy, some scenes are too good...... damn!.!

Cant wait till 9:15pm hits the clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MakgSnake
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:33 PM
I just got back from 8 Mile, the dopest movie ever!!!!!!!

Damn the movie rocked, it was almost perfect. The direction was good, the side actors were amazing, Eminem was amazing!!! in the movie. The best hip hop movie Ive ever seen, infact its one of the best movies I have ever seen!!!!!!

Man we went 45 minutes earlier to get the seats, BUT the house was full, had to sit in the 4th row!!! but still enjoyed the movie as it was soo f*ckin great!!!!!!

I'll talk more about the movie later......... This shit is crazy good!!! Mind blowin yo, Turst me!!!!!!!!! Damn!

Gonna watch again soon, may be this sunday or something. And I cant wait for the DVD yo.!.!.

jjmoohead
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:31 AM
OH MY GOD!

That movie was unreal yo!

Eminem did a sweet job, i cant believe how funny the movie was for a drama. And it was good. So good. I don't even have the words for it. The rapping was unreal, so cool.

Anyway im comming down from this amazing flick, when I calm down ill discuss more.

AMAZING!!!!!

MakgSnake
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:51 AM
True....... Jj, That movie was really funny too ...... according to the drama it had.

Espcially that "CAR" scene, shooting at the cops, and it brakes down. HAHAH. I was laughing my ass off!!!!!

And that.... Battling at the work lunch agains Xzibit, was beautiful!.!

Damn!!!!

Like I said before, this movie is one of the best Ive seen. I havn't stopped discussin it here.......!.!

And Britanny's character was soo bad, I really hated her, although she tried to act all nice in the end!.!

And that scene was great too........ "Sweet Home Trailer Park HOME" ......

But Ive got some serious groupies girls next to me, she wouldn't shut up saying "Oh my god, hes so hot, wow" and stuff like that, epecially when He took off the shirt and the pants in the final battle, (AT THAT THE WHOLE CROWD (GIRLS) WENT CRAZY!!!)

Damn!!!!!

Amazing Movie YO!!!!!!!

Gadzoox
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:05 AM
Okay, it's apparently good.

So what's the plot boys?

jjmoohead
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:43 AM
If you listen to the song lose yourself, it basically is the movie.

Basically it deals with a young man living in a tough area trying to make it out by succeding. Hes a white man living in a black area and gets no respect. Everyone knows hes got talent but he seems to have a tough time getting it out to show the people. Hes trying to make it somewhere in music but not looking to be the greatest.

Note: This movie is only symbolic of Eminems life, not a biography turned movie.

I cant really say anymore without giving it away.

jjmoohead
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:45 AM
Man that Sweet Home Alabama bit, that was so amazing, I stood up in my seat and starting pumping my fist in the air. Good thing I was near the back. That was only just into the movie but i turned to my buddy and said the rest of the movie can blow chunks and its still the greatest movie. The best part was no matter how great that was, the ending destroyed it!!!!! Meaning the ending was so awsome it made the alabama bit look simple...lol so awsome from begining to end.

jjmoohead
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:05 AM
Ok, so this is my 3rd straight post on this topic, but i have a question to anyone that has seen it.

I want the remix of lose yourself from the movie, if anyone has it let me know.

Beretta55
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:05 AM
Damn you both!! now i really have to see this movie!! you could of invited me i would of hid in your trunk no big deal jk jk:laugh:

MakgSnake
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:31 AM
Jj are you talking about the Lose Yourself music being played at the back, when hes writing rhymes and all?

I want that toooo bad. Cause thats sick ass!!!! I love it.

This movie rocked!!!!

Yeah its not about Eminem but someone who is like him. Thats why the ending is like that. WHICH I LOVED

Damn, the comdey of the movie was beautiful.
I LOVED IT

and SweetHome Trailer PARK scene was dOPE. hahah I knew it from before that he did that. but it was wack lookin and hearing

The LAST 2 battles were really DOPE!!!!!

MADRUCKIS
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Great......I gotta wait for my little bro to watch it...........frigin promises.

It got 3 outta 4 stars here in NY and tickets were sold out in most places.
Soundtrack (which I bought) sold ummmmmmm.....not sure if this is right cause I only heard this on the radio once but I think 700,000 units in its first week.
It's no joke-this movies had reveiws like "A highly inspiring movie for all" and I'm like damn! I knew it was gonna be good but "highly captivating" and "a look into hip hop in its truest form"? WOW

AudioBoxer
Nov 9th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Sweet I cant wait until I see it, I think I am going around 5 tonight I hope. Now I know what people think of it so it wont be a waste of money! For me the countdown Begins

jjmoohead
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:18 PM
All I can say is I hope your 18 cause I don't know if its like this in other city's but they carded everyone that walked in the door, even if you look 30. That was the only dumb part.

I still can't get over the movie though. Seriously Amazing!!!!

AudioBoxer
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Isnt it the law or something ?

Yeah they check tickets here, but its no prob with me I am over 18

MakgSnake
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:14 PM
This movie is seriously rated R, Highly. ........ And I still saw a 14 year old in the cinema. I couldn't believe ma eyes.

Oh well.......
Enjoy the movie people.

Super it is.

Beretta55
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
This movie is seriously rated R, Highly. ........ And I still saw a 14 year old in the cinema. I couldn't believe ma eyes.

Oh well.......
Enjoy the movie people.

Super it is.
Well damn im 14 blaseted cineama!!!!:laugh:

Gadzoox
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Doesn't (at all) sound like my kind of movie, so I probably will see it when I can rent it. (even then I'm not sure if I will or not)

But I'm glad you guys liked it and had fun! :)

AudioBoxer
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Why is the rating so bad for the movie

MakgSnake
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by AudioBoxer
Why is the rating so bad for the movie
Kim Basinger is partially nude in one scene, Britanny Murphy is shown TWICE getting banged, and there is one crazy scene between Em and Brit doin it.

And every second word there is a swear. May be thats why.

But it sure is one hell of a funny movie too!.!!!!

Vicious_2003
Nov 9th, 2002, 11:15 PM
Just saw the movie and ummm well...I think you guys must be a little biast. I mean the movie was good but, "Best Movie Ever". Not even close !. Eminem acted well yes. But when your playing the role of yourself its kind of hard NOT to act it well. Out of five stars id give it a 3. Its weakest point was the ending. I wont ruin it but all I can say is "Wheres the climax and resolution to the plot" ?. Id reccomend this movie to anyone but how in the blue blazing hell can anyone say it was the best movie ever

MakgSnake
Nov 9th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84
Just saw the movie and ummm well...I think you guys must be a little biast. I mean the movie was good but, "Best Movie Ever". Not even close !. Eminem acted well yes. But when your playing the role of yourself its kind of hard NOT to act it well. Out of five stars id give it a 3. Its weakest point was the ending. I wont ruin it but all I can say is "Wheres the climax and resolution to the plot" ?. Id reccomend this movie to anyone but how in the blue blazing hell can anyone say it was the best movie ever
Well for many people it wont be the best, for many it would be the worst or anything, but opinions are opinions ma friend. 8 Mile being the best movie is my own opinion.

As for the ending, like I said before........the movie wasn't about Eminem's life, it was about someone who was like Eminem "Jimmy Smith Jr".......... so keeping in mind that its Jimmy's life, the ending seems perfect to me.

jjmoohead
Nov 10th, 2002, 01:51 AM
I have to agree there, its not thebest movie ever for everyone and I myself dont really think its the best ever, im just following the role of the comic book guy, he isnt going to say that movie was a 4 out of 5, its either best ever or worst ever. Get it? Good!
It could be a top movie this year however.

I do give it at least a 4 out of 5 but not 5 out of 5 somewhere in the middle. Its a great movie cause it deals with something that not many people ever get to see or understand, being life in that part of detroit. It helps to see that these guys dont get everything handed to them, they all start somewhere. Sometimes as low as low can be.

Because this movie is not about eminem in reality i agree that the ending worked perfectly. It fit the movie idea to a T cause the movie started with the topic, had a good story, had the uplifting part and then ended by going back to the topic. Thats the way a movie should be made.

For a drama it was both serious but had some extremly funny bits too. It made you laugh, then made you feel for the guy then feel anger and hate and more then once for each. What else can you ask for in a movie.

But like he said opinions are opinions and to each his own. If you dont get past the fact that its eminem then you wont see the entire movie for what its worth. Any other dude playing that part and the movie is still a 4 to 5 out of 5.

Vicious_2003
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:38 PM
I see where your coming from and yes opinions are opinions. But how can you say that this movie isnt about Eminem himself. Sure he slapped a different name on the guy and maybe changed some of the situations a little but its still about him and what he went though and its still an easy role. The comedy in the movie was a good tension breaker butits comedic affect was overall pretty weak. I didnt find Chedder Bob to be a very belivable character (I have no respect for a character whos sole purpose is to be comic releief, they show a glimmer of humanity in his with the couch scene but overall hes useless) and I thought they did too much to glorify emi...I mean Jimmy. I mean c mon he played the hero in practically every scene. He dominated the two people he faught and didnt even have them get a shot in. Im sure Eminem did drugs and what not yet they chose to keep that out of the movie. They basically took everything that was good about Eminem and put it in a movie leaving out any of the bad things. The movie was good but it leaves me with too many questions. Like..."What happens to Jimmy Junior" ?. Does he End up working at the damn stamping plant for the rest of his life. Does he continue to do battles for years to come and sign a deal. Doe she meat up with Dr. Dre as in Em's real life and hit the big time , what. He simply says he wants to go his own way and walks down an alley. I think it was stupid to make a movie about yourself and slap a different name on the guy. Now i wonder, was eminems mother more like Jimmy's in themovie, and if so why does he hate her so much .

MakgSnake
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:23 PM
What you see in the movie is what eminem went through, but its someone like eminem and thats why the ending is the way it is.

And yeah, there were some scenes with drugs and all. As for Emiem being bad in the movie.......(Spoilers) .... Him dumping his girlfriend cause she was pregnant, isn't something nice. Then talking shit infront of his little sister isn't good either, but he does realise in real life too, that things shouldn't be rough infront of Hailie.

Neways, the movie hit #1 spot, with earning 54.5 Million dollars opening, making it the second best opening for an R rated movie after "Hannibal". and the 5th biggest opening of the year. Its nice to hear all this. Cool.

IcyMourdor
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:56 PM
This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. My gf and I watched it last night and I was completely drawn into the movie. I got hit in the head during the adult sences so I wouldn't get ideas.:roll:

I can't wait to get this on DVD and see what other stuff is going to be included.

jjmoohead
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Just to let you know, im going again tonight...AHHHHHH YES!!!!!!

Vicious_2003
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Well...to each his own,... I wont deny that the movie was good. Although a good reason for the movies success is the teenie bopper little teenage girls who just want to see the movie cuz they think hes and I quote "Hot" . Theres a concept Ive never understood . But anyways, good movie, and a definate above average performance from one the all time greatest rap artists

IcyMourdor
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead
Just to let you know, im going again tonight...AHHHHHH YES!!!!!!

Lucky you, I'm broke now. My 8 mile experience was almost ruined with chicks who smelled and parents with crying babies.

jjmoohead
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:27 PM
teenie boppers?

the movie is rated so that you need to be 18. Nobody got in in my town without ID, if your 18 or 88 you needed an ID or sorry you don't get in. So i dont know about the Teenie Bopper thing. I guess not every area is the same, but you cant tell me that any more then a 1/4 of the money they made in the first 2 days was for people under 18.

Anyway after seeing it twice you pick up on a lot more, but i admit this time that the music is to loud in the back ground and its hard to hear them talk. You hear things that are symbolic in the beggining that relate to the end. Like that dudes real name is clarence and stuff.

Chedders role is actually supposedly a carbon copy of some dude em grew up with. What I read in the local newspaper anyway. From what I understand he was actually some guy em beatup as a kid and then they became friends. I dunno fo sho though.

So yeah im going either today or tomorrow, but only cause im going for free. I love the move thats for sure.

PEACE OUT RABBIT

Vicious_2003
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Where I went there were tons of younger kids, they got in with thier parents or older siblings. But ofcourse this is also a movie that the older generation can get into

AudioBoxer
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:10 PM
its just a good movie for almost all ages, it gives out a good lesson to!

MakgSnake
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:02 PM
... That character Mekhie Phiefer plays is also an actual person In Eminem's life, .... he is now known as "Proof"... . from "D12"...Eminem's Group.

Cheddar is really funny....it was nice to see his character in this movie.

jjmoohead
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84
Where I went there were tons of younger kids, they got in with thier parents or older siblings. But ofcourse this is also a movie that the older generation can get into

Thats weird that kids could go with parents, they wouldnt let underagers even if with there parents were with them. You had to be 18 to see this movie for some reason, no if and or but about it. Weird.

Just call my Jimmy

trunks69420
Nov 13th, 2002, 11:15 AM
... That character Mekhie Phiefer plays is also an actual person In Eminem's life, .... he is now known as "Proof"... . from "D12"...Eminem's Group.

Proof was in this movie. He was in the club with a hat on and congratulated Em as he got off of the stage at the end. Do you know who i mean??

Vicious_2003
Nov 13th, 2002, 02:49 PM
im not saying your wrong or anything, Im sure you would know who was let in at your theatre better than I do but by LAW, Anyone under 18 is permitted with a parent as long as the movie is not Rated NC-17. I think that one is absolutely No one under 18 permitted. But my mom could take my 3 year old brother into a rated R movie with no problem .

jjmoohead
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:20 PM
hmm i guess the rules are differnt here and there, thats cool though.

Yeah proof is in it at the start doing some freestyling too.

ssjtrunks13
Nov 26th, 2002, 09:57 AM
I had no idea Proof was in it and this thread seems dead we need more conversation going on.

jjmoohead
Nov 26th, 2002, 01:08 PM
He is in it at the start too, and his name is on the second set of credits after the movie is over.

ssjtrunks13
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Really? MAybe I should go see the movie again.

jjmoohead
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:36 PM
I am the 4 time, 4 time 4 time, 4 time watcher of 8-mile now, still awsome.

*thats my booker T impression. if you dont watch WWE you wont understand.

BlackThornn
Nov 27th, 2002, 12:41 PM
jj, I had the same problem in a large dome theater when I went to see LOTR last year. The music VASTLY overpowered the voices. Try talking to some of the theater staff and asking them to fix the balance, that might help.

As for 8 mile.. I'm gonna go see it some time, I suppose, but only because it's got all these rave reviews, from both professionals and fans. I do NOT like Eminem. I think he's a bigoted, homophobic hatemonger. But I'll keep an open mind about his movie like I do about a couple of his songs. *will occasionally find his head bobbing to the rhythm if he hears an Eminem song in the car*

ssjtrunks13
Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:40 AM
BlackThornn, that's what my dad thought until he saw the movie. He told me that hemight somewhat racist, but he can't stand the black rappers but he has started to like Eminem's movie.

Maybe you'll change your mind too, but I don't know for sure.

jjmoohead
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:44 PM
Its amazing that people still have the same views of eminem as they did when his first album came out years and years ago before he was actually famous. Marshal is not as bad as many people still think he is, but he caught a bad rap (no pun intended) because critics tore him apart. They refrenced music that nobody even heard of and the people that hate him because of these songs he made probably cant even tell me the name of the song. "Oh i read somewhere or I heard something" all comes from the last decade of music, most of his stuff now is better, and has meaning.

This movie although could be just made up to make people see him in a better light, does show some of this. I think more people respect him these days then the last 5 years, well obviously his music is selling, so someone listens, but you have to keep an open mind.

He has released 2 cd's this year, and not surprising they are #1 and #2 in sales this year.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:56 PM
Very true, and may he continue to make good music!

Infernal Mass
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:20 PM
source (http://www.rapartistdirect.com/News/0,930.aspx)

Eminem Breaks Up Kids Fighting In LA
Eminem "Slim Shady" steps in to break up fight in LA.

By Paul Russell
Sunday, December 01, 2002

Globe magazine reports Eminem saved the day in a Los Angeles suburb by breaking up a fight in the middle of a crowd of kids. Slim had seen the fighting in Baldwin Hills and asked his limo driver to pull over. When Eminem stepped into the middle of the fight, the kids recognized him immediately as silence fell. Eminem told the kids, "Yo, yo, chill," then raised the hand of the kid winning the fight, declaring him the winner. Afterwards, Eminem let loose a rhyming list of profanities that suggested fighting is stupid and pointless. The kids made their attempt at rhyming themselves. When everthing appeared to be under control, he returned to his limo, where two beefy bodyguards witnessed everthing in case he wasn't so well received by the youngsters.

:laugh:

jjmoohead
Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:40 PM
Now thats what i am talking about

ssjtrunks13
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:04 PM
Alright!

trunks69420
Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:01 PM
That is a great story. I dont know if any of you are huge em fans and got the first edition of "The Eminem Show" with the DVD and stuff, but in one of the hidden things on it, Em says that he respects anyone that is his fan, because they have to defend him 24/7.
Does anyone else have to defend him from their friends, or is it not neccesary any more? I love hearing stories like the one above that helps me prove my point that he isnt such a bad guy!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Unfotunately there are people in my family that don't like Eminem. So, I am constantly trying to defend him from my brother and as for friends I have never had to defend him from them. I did get the first addition of "The Eminem Show".

ssjtrunks13
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Did anyone know that Eminem's CD, "The Marshall Mathers LP", has two different covers?

I found out last night when I went to replace the CD my little brother scrapped up.

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:49 PM
no! i got the cover with eminem is sitting down next to a shed or house something like that!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:51 PM
dan, Is it lighter on the left side than on the right side or is it dark on the whole cover?

MakgSnake
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:53 PM
The Marshall Mathers LP I have, hes chained to the steel railing, and sitting on the ground. Wearing shorts kinda thing.

As for "The Eminem Show" DVD speical, I didn't know that..... I wish I could get that now.

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:56 PM
yea ssjtrunks and on the dark side u see a tree!

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:57 PM
oh and on the back where it tells u the songs, eminem is writing a letter!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:47 PM
The other one is dark and it show Eminem crouching in front of a latter.

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:16 PM
whats a latter?

ssjtrunks13
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:49 PM
Sorry, I meant "ladder".

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:00 PM
dont know its not a clear picture all i can see hes sat down on the stairs of a shed/house one side dark one side light!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:30 PM
No offence, but I was telling you about what is on the other cover.

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:53 PM
what do u mean the cd cover?!?!?!?

ssjtrunks13
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:01 PM
I thought it was the book that is in the front of the CD case.

MakgSnake
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:46 PM
What are you guys talking about??.. :confused:

dan da man
Dec 6th, 2002, 07:12 AM
the marshal mathers lp

im not so sure myself lol:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Dec 6th, 2002, 10:32 AM
We're talking about how the Marshall Mathers LP had two different covers for the book in the CD case.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Am I killing these topics? It seems that way to me.

dan da man
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:30 AM
lol dont worry just forgot about this thread

ssjtrunks13
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Maybe I should, it seems kinda dead anyway.

dan da man
Dec 7th, 2002, 08:00 AM
im not bothered if ya wanna carrying on talking keep the thread alive il help well talk to you!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Keep this thread alive, huh?

How about we find out if there is anyone out there who didn't really like Eminem in the beginning and now ahssomewhat changed their mind about him after watching 8 Mile.

Gadzoox
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

whats a latter?

Latter is used when referring to the second of two persons or things mentioned.

Ex. "I like Cheese and Bowie; the latter being my obsession."

ssjtrunks13
Dec 7th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox
Latter is used when referring to the second of two persons or things mentioned.

Ex. "I like Cheese and Bowie; the latter being my obsession."
I messed up when I said "latter". I meant to type "ladder". Thanks for the info too.

Gadzoox
Dec 7th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Heehee I know, I was just being annoying!!! :D

ssjtrunks13
Dec 7th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Yes, I see! It didn't really work on me because I'm cool about a lot of things.

Gadzoox
Dec 7th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Bah; at least you (and maybe someone else) learned something!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 7th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Maybe.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:02 PM
I know I'm double posting but it's been awhile since thisa has been on top and I have very important info.

Remember the thing about two covers for Marshall Mathers LP? Well, I just found where you can go to see the two different covers. I hope this clears up confusion.

The one where he is kneeling in front of a ladder. (http://lyrics.com/e/eminem/)

The one where he is sitting on the steps of a house (http://www.bestbuy.com/mandm/ProductInfo.asp?ProdType=music&ST=10464264)

dan da man
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

The one where he is sitting on the steps of a house (http://www.bestbuy.com/mandm/ProductInfo.asp?ProdType=music&ST=10464264)

^
^
I have that copy, any way thanks for all the trouble u went too trunks, we got all confused on this one.:laugh:

on the other copy eminem looks like a tramp lol.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:04 PM
I like the one where he is kneeling in front of the ladder better. I would have never found this out if my bro hadn't scratched up the first one I got. Luckily I got the money I spent back from him(soon after but I spent it on the edited version of Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water, that's the last time I got anything ftrom Wal-Mart)

It was no big deal, when you guys were confused I knew it was my mission to find a way to show you guys.:cool: ;)

dan da man
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Watched this film last night on DVD (yea dvd) super picture, I must say its a sweet film.

Anyone wanna fight rap with me in the fan-fiction forum?:laugh:

MakgSnake
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:10 AM

Watched this film last night on DVD (yea dvd) super picture, I must say its a sweet film.
How?.... and original DVD?...... Just wondering.

dan da man
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:15 AM

How?.... and original DVD?...... Just wondering.

Its not the original, Its not a VCD , I know what they look like. Erm....Its just a DVD but not the one's what they will be selling on the shop shelves.

mark0™
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Its a movie Format on a Pirate CD-R, so its really bad compared to DVD.

dan da man
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by mark0

Its a movie Format on a Pirate CD-R, so its really bad compared to DVD.

Im not sure, I think your wrong, but the picture was good as any other good DVD, HONESTLY, IT WAS.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Sure, but why can't you guys just wait for the actual DVD to come out like some of us?(me, Makg, and everyone else who will)

MakgSnake
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:35 AM
I know some people cant wait, thats why they just get it on the Pirated DVD. If I see it somewhere I would too, but I FOR SURE WOULD buy the Original DVD..... 100% sure about that.

I remember I bought the Pirated "The Eminem Show" from Pakistan, but when I came to Canada I bought it again and "again", yup Two Times.. Just like I bought "8 Mile" CD Twice.! :)

I might buy the DVD twice as well, just to be on the safe side. Call me crazy... its cool! I have 3 Copies of Metal Gear Solid 1 on Ps One. And on my next pay check I'll be buying it again. The Platinum one, same with Greatest Hits MGS2 (I'll buy that too)

jjmoohead
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Your kinda of a wierdo huh snake...hehehe...8-Mile comes to DVD March 21st just in case you didn't know that. Just over a month to go!

EDIT: MY BAD THE MOVIE COMES OUT MARCH 18th

LESS THEN A MONTH!!!!!!

mark0™
Feb 19th, 2003, 01:42 PM

Im not sure, I think your wrong, but the picture was good as any other good DVD, HONESTLY, IT WAS.

It could be a DVD, I couldnt tell, your probably right. But where is the original DVD format coming from? Not From KaZaA, its most likely a VCD, also because DVD writers are pretty cheap in the UK lately, plus the DVD-R's are selling for quite a lot, CD-R's are just a fraction of the price.

... and Makg... thats pretty weird man, Seems like a waste of money, the Metal Gear thing that is, I can kinda understand the Pirated CD thing, but Buying a game again because it has new cover art... not my style.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:53 PM
He's just a really big Metal Gear fan. If I was that crazy I would do it.:cool:

dan da man
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:53 PM

I might buy the DVD twice as well, just to be on the safe side. Call me crazy... its cool! I have 3 Copies of Metal Gear Solid 1 on Ps One. And on my next pay check I'll be buying it again. The Platinum one, same with Greatest Hits MGS2 (I'll buy that too)

Cool makg, your a good MGS fan, thats what I like to see.:)

gosh...you get the DVD in march, it still at the movies in the U.K.:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:51 PM
Have you seen it yet?

dan da man
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:07 AM

Have you seen it yet?

Ofcoure, I said it in my other post when I brought this thread back from the dead.
I watched it agian last night, really is a good film.

jjmoohead
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:15 AM
I went so many times just for the end battle

EVERYONE FROM THE 3 ONE 3
PUT YOU MOFO HANDS UP AND FOLLOW ME (X2)
LOOK LOOK
NOW ALTHOUGH THIS MAN LOOKS TOUGH,
NOTICE THAT HE DID NOT HAVE HIS HANDS UP
THIS FREE WORLDS GO YOU GASED UP,
NOW WHOS AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD WOLF

1 2 3 AND TO THE 4
1 PAC 2PAC 3PAC FOUR
4PAC 3PAC 2PAC ONE
YOUR PAC HES PAC NO PAC NONE

(AND THERE IS MORE, BUT IM OUT OF TIME..ILL ADD TO IT LATER)

I could be wrong of course i have not heard it in a long time...i wonder if I can download it

dan da man
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:22 AM

I went so many times just for the end battle

LOOK LOOK

1 2 3 AND TO THE 4
1 PAC 2PAC 3PAC FOUR
4PAC 3PAC 2PAC ONE
YOUR PAC HES PAC NO PAC NONE

(AND THERE IS MORE, BUT IM OUT OF TIME..ILL ADD TO IT LATER)

I could be wrong of course i have not heard it in a long time...i wonder if I can download it

hahaha....nice one moo, thats one of my fav parts too the end battle.
also when cheddah bomb shoots himself in the leg with his own gun:laugh: *DUH!*:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Yeahm that part was great, the best part of it was that the guy after him didn't say anything because he didn't have anything new and Jimmy had said everything he was going to say.:cool: Then there was also the part where he's freestylin' at lunch that one time against Xzibit.

MakgSnake
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:50 PM
I just wonder, what EXTRA 3 battles would be or who would be against. This DVD is going to be HUGE!

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:44 AM

Then there was also the part where he's freestylin' at lunch that one time against Xzibit.

Yeah that was funny, cant remember any of the lyhrics though, Im going to buy the proper DVD and learn the what they say and battle with you guys:D j/k

jjmoohead
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:23 PM
man i know them all, im a little rusty but here it goes

LOOK LOOK

1 2 3 AND TO THE 4
1 PAC 2PAC 3PAC FOUR
4PAC 3PAC 2PAC ONE
YOUR PAC? HES PAC? NO PAC! NONE !

THIS GUY AINT NO MOFO'N MC,
I KNOW EVERYTHING HES GOT TO SAY AGAINST ME
I AM WHITE, I AM A F"N BUM,
I DO LIVE IN A TRAILOR WITH MY MOM
MY FRIEND FUTURE IS AN OPEN TOUNGE
I DO HAVE A DUMB FRIEND NAMED CHEDDAH BOB
WHO SHOOTS HIMSELF IN THE LEG WITH HIS OWN GUN
I DID GET JUMPED BY ALL 6 OF YOU CHUMPS
AND (WADE?) DID F MY GIRL,
BUT IM STILL UP HERE SAYING F THE FREE WORLD
DONT EVER TRY TO JUDGE ME DUDE
YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE F I BEEN THROUGH

BUT I KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT YOU
YOU WENT TO CRANBROOK, THATS A PRIVATE SCHOOL
WHATS A MATTER DAWG YOU EMBARASSED,
HES NOT A GANGESTER HIS REAL NAME IS CLARANCE
AND CLARANCE LIVES AT HOME WITH BOTH PARENTS
AND CLARANCE PARENTS HAVE A REAL GOOD MARAGE
THIS GUY DONT WANT TO BATTLE, HE SHOOK
CAUSE THERE AINT NO SUCH THING AS HALF WAY CROOKS
HE SHOULD, HES SCARED TO DEALTH DEATH
HES SCRARED TO LOOK IN HIS F'N YEAR BOOK,
F CRANBOOK
F A BEAT ILL GO ACAPELLA
F PAPPA DOCK, F A CLOCK, F EVERYBODY
F YOU IF YOU DOUBT ME,
I AM A PEACE OF F;N WHITE TRASH
AND SAY IT PROUD
F THIS BOUGHT I DONT WANNA WIN
IM OUTTIE
HERE TELL THESE PEOPLE SOMETHING THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT ME

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:31 PM

I just wonder, what EXTRA 3 battles would be or who would be against. This DVD is going to be HUGE!

There's 3 EXTRA battles on the DVD? Cool! You're right, this DVD is going to be a hit! Even though there are no music videos on it, or is there?

jjmoohead
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:43 PM
from what i hear there are 3 battles and at least 1 video

superman from the eminem show. they announced it last night on the radio. I am more then sure the main song is on there too

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:48 PM
Great because I haven't seen the Superman video and I like to watch the Lose Yourself video whenever I get the chance. Now after I get the DVD I can watch it until I get tired of it.:cool:

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:24 PM
Moo, I have to give you that, thatwas great putting the last battle up, bring backs memories, how do you remeber all that?

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:42 PM
I bet he's seen it more times than us combined.

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:46 PM

I bet he's seen it more times than us combined.

Yea lol, When I buy the DVD im going to learn it, so good.

btw, there is a soundtrack called 8 mile, is that all the songs from 8 mile film?!?!?!? <<<<dumbass question but I need to know! if so im buying it tomos!

jjmoohead
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:30 PM
Well guys I have seen the movie few times thats for sure, i just pick up on rap songs rather quickly. Of course I do miss the odd part or have the wrong words but i for some reason i just remember music. Now textbooks i cant do, but music, im just gifted...now if i could jus sing it

I have all the battle parts pritty much memorized, im at work now though and dont have time to post those do it in the next few days i promise.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 4th, 2003, 10:42 PM
I found the lyrics Eminem made up for "Sweet Home Alabama"(don't know how accurate they are though):

Well Jimmy moved in with his mother
Cos he ain't go no place to go
And now i'm right back in the gutter
With a garbage bag that's full of clothes

Cause you live at home in a trailer
What the hell you gonna do (yee-hah!)
Cuz i live at home in a trailer
Mom I'm coming home to you

Well my name is Jimmy
He's name's Greg Beaule
Me an' him an' you, - we went to the same school
This ain't cool... I'm in a rage
He's tapping my mom and we're almost the same age
On the microphone i drop bombs
Look at this car... 'Thanks a lot, Mom!'
"Here and happy birthday Rabbit! Here's a brand new car, you can have it. A 1928 Delta..."
This shit won't even get me to the shelter
And I can't even stay in a motel
Cuz i'm back on the 8-mile road now

Cos i live at home in a trailer
Mom i'm coming home to you

dan da man
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:15 AM

I found the lyrics Eminem made up for "Sweet Home Alabama"(don't know how accurate they are though):

Well Jimmy moved in with his mother
Cos he ain't go no place to go
And now i'm right back in the gutter
With a garbage bag that's full of clothes

Cause you live at home in a trailer
What the hell you gonna do (yee-hah!)
Cuz i live at home in a trailer
Mom I'm coming home to you

Well my name is Jimmy
He's name's Greg Beaule
Me an' him an' you, - we went to the same school
This ain't cool... I'm in a rage
He's tapping my mom and we're almost the same age
On the microphone i drop bombs
Look at this car... 'Thanks a lot, Mom!'
"Here and happy birthday Rabbit! Here's a brand new car, you can have it. A 1928 Delta..."
This shit won't even get me to the shelter
And I can't even stay in a motel
Cuz i'm back on the 8-mile road now

Cos i live at home in a trailer
Mom i'm coming home to you

Bang on trunks, thanks for the lyrics!:)

ssjtrunks13
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:46 AM
No problem, I always wanted to know that myself. If only I could remmeber the tune. If I find anything else I'll put it up.

jjmoohead
Mar 5th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Ok i should have done this sooner cause its been a while since i saw the movie so i could be a little off. Sorry if its wrong, its all off the top of my head.

this guy raps like his parents jerked him,
he sounds like Eric (Serman?) the generic version
this whole crowd looks suspicious, its all dudes in here
except for these witches (hehehe)

So im a german eh, thats ok
you look like a F'n worm with brades
these leaders of the free world rookies, lookie
how can six dicks be wussies (hehehe)

talking about sh!ts creek, witch you can be up piss creek
with paddles, this deep, your still going to sink,
your a disgrace, ya they call me rabbit,
this is a turtle race.

(this is really fast part, i could be wrong)
He can get at me spinning his shit,
quick as a lick, a shot quick as lickitty split, lickiddy

I'm going to turn around with a great smile,
and walk my ass back across 8-mile

ssjtrunks13
Mar 5th, 2003, 03:40 PM
The part where the music cuts off sounds right to me.:cool:

dan da man
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:34 PM

Ok i should have done this sooner cause its been a while since i saw the movie so i could be a little off. Sorry if its wrong, its all off the top of my head.

this guy raps like his parents jerked him,
he sounds like Eric (Serman?) the generic version
this whole crowd looks suspicious, its all dudes in here
except for these witches (hehehe)

So im a german eh, thats ok
you look like a F'n worm with brades
these leaders of the free world rookies, lookie
how can six dicks be wussies (hehehe)

talking about sh!ts creek, witch you can be up piss creek
with paddles, this deep, your still going to sink,
your a disgrace, ya they call me rabbit,
this is a turtle race.

(this is really fast part, i could be wrong)
He can get at me spinning his shit,
quick as a lick, a shot quick as lickitty split, lickiddy

I'm going to turn around with a great smile,
and walk my ass back across 8-mile

Good job:cool: I dont know how you guys remeber te lyrics, Ive only seen 8 mile twice.

I'm going to turn around with a great smile, and walk my ass back across 8-mile

That part was so funny when he pulls a mooney, (show his ass)

ssjtrunks13
Mar 6th, 2003, 10:31 AM
The lyrics I put up I found on a site. It's also hard for me to remember lyrics unless I listen to a song many times and try to sing along.