PDA

View Full Version : Where do you see yourself?

Cannibal Clown
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:18 PM
What kinda life do you see yourself living as an adult.

As in a career, will you be married, with kids? How many?
What sort of life style will you have, spend spend, save up for retirement, or college for your children?
Die hard gamer for the rest of your life, or hard working person making a honest days pay.
Treat others kindly, or as if you are too good for them.
Give up money for charity, a church, will you go to church?
Spend thousands of dollars for the clothes your kids wear so that they can look cool.

What kinda priorities will you have? Will you vacation a lot, or just buy that $500,000 car you've had your eye on since EVER!

Will you live in another country, or stay near your parents, siblings, help them in there times of need. How will you be with your friends? Treat them as family as well.

Or will you move far away, call your friends morons till you need a bit of cash, send mother to a home in florida, and give your nephews a crappy card every christmas, (because you don't know their birthdays) with no money inside.

Will the holidays be the same then as they are now? Birthdays, reunions, annaverseries?

And post anything else about what you feel your adult life will be like years from now.

I'm asking this because all we seem to talk about ios the other members, and direct questions, or fantasy questions.

I want to know your honest and truthfull idea of what kinda person you will be long after college is over with, or high school or whatever.

goodman
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Up front i can honestly say, i will be a home owner since ive owned my home for several years, single, maybe marry in my late fourties, early fifties, most likely no kids. Have little to no debt, have a fair amount of success career wise, remain a spend thrift, ive been a gamer for 30 years, so that very likely will continue to a degree at least. I live a fairly slow pace, conservative, stress free life. Also, yes, i continue to live near my parents, i will be helping them a lot over the remainder of their lives. And as for holidays, they've never changed, i still spend them with family and friends, as i have now for 43 years. Life is good, and its nice to get to the point where you can pick and choose what things are actually important, and not have everything foisted on you like when your younger. Dont care what the crowd is doing or what their priorities are, often they arent what is actually important.

AudioBoxer
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:14 PM
I can say that I am there being 23 and all, I will have to say that I am acually there! I get good money and I have a really nice house, nice and cool G/F and I have a great forum to post in!

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Well im 18 now in the future i hope to make it somewhere as a musician,but yet again that is mostly a dream.I probably end up going down the automotive field and working as a tech for cars.I don't know if i'll get married mainly because i haven't got a girlfriend or met any girls that even like me.If i did get married i would definatley want kids.As for the rest i don't know,i'll just let it fall into place as i go.

MakgSnake
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Infront of your TV screen, entertaining the world.

kupoartist
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:32 PM
hehe... my future is kind of misty ^_^ ... i suspect a career in somthing english or design related, I'll earn a fair bit of money from it, but will have very little to use due to my expensive tastes ^_^ ... marriage is a possibility, though I doubt i'll ever have kids. Apart from all this, i'll live pretty much as I do now, but probably with slightly less games playing :D

Beretta55
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:08 PM
i havent it really thought about it but i see myself with a wife a couple of kid's being a game designer or a vet. which one interest's me more.

Lost_myth
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:30 PM
*After highschool I plan on getting an apartment with my bestfriend and some other ppl too.

*I plan on taking a little road vacation with my best friend and possibly another person I know, who has good directions. So I can think life through a bit and get away from everthing that's drving me crazy.

*Study so hard in college that my hands actually fall off.

*After college I'm sure everything will fall into place or at least doors will be swinging wide open for me.

*Eventually I'll find the right man for me, don't really want kids... so probably don't really need a man.... anyways I got lots of time to think about that

Don't be surprised if I turn into a reclus. :ghost:
I'll probably do that in the near future to continue my serious studies.

Noki Noki
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:23 PM
I was hoping this topic would never come.. o_o *Eyes dart about*
I'm somewhat there.. I pay for necessities/rent/internet :P , and I'm majoring in psychology/planning to get a real job next year. (Yay. Waiting tables.)

As for living, I'm going to move back to my hometown shortly, and probably stay there until my career is well over stable. But since everything I know is there, I might not ever move again.

My aspirations..
- Psychologist
- Piano Teacher
I've always wanted to write.. maybe I'll have the chance to someday..

I'm not sure about marriage. Its something that hasn't crossed my mind lately, and I'm not with anyone at the moment, out of sheer commitment to work/schedule. I don't know how things are going to turn out there, but I would like 1 child at most; to have a chance to be a mother like mine wasn't. I will go to Church, should I have children, or a spouse that is engaged with religion. (I'm barely moderately religious myself)

I'm a spender, but anything for anyone I love is more than welcome to their own benefit on my say. I'll save money for my children, should I have any. I might continue to play games, too. ^^

I always try to be a kind (but thrifty) person.
Once things are going for me, though, no one's relying on ME for my hard-earned money, but I DEFINATELY plan to keep in contact with the few friends I've kept over the years. :)

But I will always be in debt to my grandparents.

Holidays/things might change.
A lot of things have in 17 years: Why stop there?
My life is a spontaneous occurence.

Priority Check:
* To fully live that potiential career. And more than that.
* If a mother, to give that child what I have.
" ", to give my spouse what I have.
* If still in contact with family, give who I owe, what I owe.

007_JamesBond
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:04 PM
well lets see here, after this year as in 8-14-03 i leave for fort jackson for basic training for nine weeks, then i am going to fort eustic for my AH-64D Longbow Apache maintainace training for 23 weeks then after that i am going to apply for a W.O.F.T program where i learn to fly them, then i will switch to the RAH-66AComanche and fly it. I will do that till i get inducted in the CIA if not i will fly till the kick me out

i will have no kids or no wife unless they come standard issue with the uniform, serriously

that will be my life

l3lade
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:44 PM
:roll: ich bin l3lade. :peoples: but no one cares

Ninja
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:18 AM
I see myself as a guy with 2 kids, a wife who loves games, and my 6 year old fish still leaving with me, Oh in my life, I see myself as game designer for Blizzard entertainment

Frozen
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:19 AM
I'm not very sure. All I know for now is that I want to go to college and then transfer to UT at Austin. I'll probably be studying something related to either business administration or computer technology. Or both. I do not know yet. I plan to travel around the world for some time, and discover where do I really want to live. P

I don't want to marry before I'm 25, at the least. And I don't want any children until then either. I want to stand real strong both emotionally and economically by then.

and I also will be a martial arts master some day. As a matter of fact, I intend to reach old age being a grand master (I mean, get to be a grand master when young, reach old age as such) By then, it'd be nice to particiapte in a dojo as a master, or maybe own the dojo myself, although I'd like to do that as a hobby, not for a living.

Pu the Owl
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:10 PM
I completely ignore what life I'm going to live in the future. I have no plans at the moment and I'm not interested in making some. I had plans in the past, but now they're just useless for several reasons. I'm not that fond of them anymore as well.
Whatever I'll decide to do, good or bad, I only hope others won't ruin anything as usual :disturb:

Cannibal Clown
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:52 PM
I feel that when i grow up my personality will not change at all. I will still be the annoying, fun, loud, and over excited person that i am now. I'm very kind, and believe that that is one of the good traits of mine that will never leave me. I will probally not make millions of dollars a year, but i do believe that, depending on how college goes,(which i will be going to in about a year) i will be a moderatly succesfull animator. Otr if i get very lucky, i will be a very prosperous animator, making around $400,000+ a year. But that's probally a fantasy.

I will "hopefully" get married, to someone who will probally have the same sort of characteristics as I have. And i will for certain have 1 kid, and only 1 kid. I believe that i will be a very good father and husband, who always has fun with his child and never does anything to make his wife ever feel unappreachiated or sad. I shal always play with my kid and make sure that he grows up obediant and very happy and a fun loving kid.

I will always be warm and caring, to my family and friends, putting their needs before my own most of the time, much like i do now.

I will be thrifty, no matter how much money i make, but alwaqys spend all i have to for my child and wifes' life to be happy, but not to spoil them.

My kid will go to college, and i will try to be a hard worker making an honest days pay for a long long time. My friends i have now will remain close, but 007, not too sure, he may be daed, or in a helicopter which is too loud for me to hear him on the phone. But the other friends i will remain very close to.

My parents and sisiters and cousins i will try to remember their address and phone number so that i can say hi at least on the holidays. This being because i will probally live very far away, and i'm not one who likes his family. But still care for them all.

And if all goes the way i wish it would, all of this would be true, but i'd be living in a huge house somewhere on the coast of japan, where i will eat fish all day long and have a long lastiung sex life with my spouce.:cool:

DragonSphere
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:50 AM
After high school, which sadly is still 4 years away, I plan on going to the DigiPen college in Washington or another such college in my area where I can further expand my knowlege to programming, graphics design, etc.; thus hopefully building a stable and successful career based around video-games. Then, if everything works out fine during my college years, I'd look for a job at any gaming company that is hiring at the time, (preferably Square), and have somewhat of a good time.

Probably won't marry until around the late 20's (gotta have a sexy wife), and I only want a maximum of 2 kids; whom I wish for them to go to college as well. By this time, I hope to own a suitable house for a family and have a pretty reasonable paycheck so that I can continue to buy the future systems and games that will be out. (Hell, if I start making more money than expected; I would most likely convert the basement into some kind of dream arcade room :laugh: ) Once that's over with, I'd stick with the gaming biz for another decade or so, maybe even longer, and happily retire at my mid-50's to early-60's.

And as for my parents, I'll probably end up taking care of them the most out of my other siblings, judging by the way they act now :disturb: .

Gadzoox
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:09 AM
I'm going to be a starving artist! Woohoo!