PDA

View Full Version : What games do you think would make the best movies? (probably most of them, actually

severous84
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:02 PM
Let’s say the director of your choice comes to you and says “give me a game and I’ll turn it into a movie.”
What director would you pick and what game would you give him?

AudioBoxer
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:06 PM
I would think that Shemnue would make a good movie, the movie can be kinda more complex, but I think John Woo would do a good job with it, he has tons of movies like it and they are all good!

Also I think Silent Scope would be a good movie with Jerry Brackhimer or however you spell it

MakgSnake
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:50 PM
I wanted Resident Evil to be a movie, and there it went to be on. Then I wanted Alone in the Dark to be one, and its already in the making.

Metal Gear Solid is one I want bad and there is already news on it.

So.......I want a movie of Syphon Filter, yeah that would be pretty cool... and Goerge Coloney would play Gabe pretty well too.

Daedaelus
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:59 PM
Metroid.

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 3rd, 2002, 09:01 PM
Chrono Trigger

Yeah Shenmue would be a good one

REChick14
Nov 3rd, 2002, 09:31 PM
My dreams would be answered if the games I chose became movies. I would definitely want Silent Hill, MSG, Fatal Frame,Onimusha,& Devil May Cry. My prayers were answered when Resident Evil was made so Im happy about that. But the other games I would really love to see become movies.

Beretta55
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:44 PM
red faction.....that would be pretty cool IMO.

Daniel Legge
Nov 4th, 2002, 02:22 PM
tetris. :phew: nah only joking.
i think timesplitters wud be good.

Ninja
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:30 PM
starcraft

severous84
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:25 AM
I'm seeing some cool suggestions here. I kinda dig the real oddball games and then would like to see a Tim Burton come in and really make it funky. Maybe even a Terry Gilliam. Any games out now or coming soon you think might be cool for either of those guys?

severous84
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:42 PM
I was hoping to see a few more suggestions. Don't tell me you're all busy playing VC. Can anything compete with that damn game?

Beretta55
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:59 PM
winback would be a cool movie...swat men send to take care of some baddies and crap happen's.

Ninja
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:15 AM
talkin about game movies, I like to connect my PSX to my VCR(VHS), and record the games as I play them, I made videos of FF7 (5 tapes), Star Ocean(only 40 endings on 55 tapes), resident evil 1-3(1 tape)onimusha(1 tape), and my Fav, yet incomplete FFX (so far 6 tapes)

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:14 AM
Mine which im suprised noone has mentioned would be Grand Theft Auto oh yeah just think a vigalante guy "like Vince Vaugh,John Trvolta,Nicolas Cage,or Ben Afflec or a few other kool cast members" Going around blowing up things stealing cars all the tight ass things on gta come to the big screen That would be awsome IMO:ghost: ...others would be MGS,Head Hunter IMO was a tight game,Max Payne,Knight Rider IMO all the series and the Knight Rider 2000 movie was tight,Half Life cant think of others at the time

Beretta55
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by twiztidfreak69er
Mine which im suprised noone has mentioned would be Grand Theft Auto oh yeah just think a vigalante guy "like Vince Vaugh,John Trvolta,Nicolas Cage,or Ben Afflec or a few other kool cast members" Going around blowing up things stealing cars all the tight ass things on gta come to the big screen That would be awsome IMO:ghost: ...others would be MGS,Head Hunter IMO was a tight game,Max Payne,Knight Rider IMO all the series and the Knight Rider 2000 movie was tight,Half Life cant think of others at the time
Grand theft auto has alrady been made into a movie it was like 26 or 25 year's ago. directed by ron howard i think.

Gadzoox
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Devil May Cry and Sam Raimi. :>

severous84
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Gadzoox, good one. Sam Raimi has that certain something. You see his Evil Dead series. Brill. Even though it's not out yet, I think Dr. Muto has the makings of a good film. http://www.drmuto.midway.com/ Cool idea, the morphing stuff would be sweet and with the right director... what do you guys think?

Gadzoox
Nov 7th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Sam Raimi and the Evil Dead series are GODS! Though they have no power of Bowie though, he is ultimate God!! :D

Ninja
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:50 AM
true true