PDA

View Full Version : Is KH entertaining enough for non-ff fans?

Jolie
Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:37 PM
I talked to a couple of friends who have played KH recently. One of them said the game is nice, even if not excellent, but she said she hasn't played any ff game, apart from FF9, so she couldn't really understand the role of the greatest part of the characters coming from previous ff games. She didn't like it also because the game needs some knowledge of many ff characters. The other friend played more than 4 or 5 ff games, so she said the game was funny also because there were all these ff characters popping out all the time.
I wonder if for a player who doesn't know anything about FF games playing KH makes any sense... what do you think? I suppose the opinions of my two freinds is really clear to explain what I want to say.

Noki Noki
Nov 2nd, 2002, 09:37 PM
I'd be a bit more fun to actually know the references, but I think I wouldn't even mind them.. they'd just be like regular side characters to any game for me.

(Like playing Arc the Lad II before I)

IcyMourdor
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:10 PM
You already gain an impression of what characters are like in FF. When you see the same guys in KH, you can't help but to burst out laughing.

Especially the voice for Wakka...

sk8er_kyle
Nov 26th, 2002, 10:56 PM
KH is a fun game even for non-FF fans. I am an FF fan, but I have friends that are not. My friends all liked the game as much as I did.:ghost:

Spank-A-Thon
Nov 27th, 2002, 05:44 AM
You do not need any knowledge of FF to enjoy KH. As has been said previously, the FF characters are really nothing more than cameo's. They could have quite easily been just A. N. Other characters...

- S

mark0™
Nov 27th, 2002, 11:46 AM
I was a little skeptical of the whole disney thing, so it seems childish, but after these good reviews im going to get it for christmas :)

Vicious
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
I haven't played any Final Fantasy games, and I just beat the game and I think that it's a great game. Even though i haven't played the FF games, ive seen the characters and it was cool to see them in KH( Cloud and Leon(Squall) are the coolest).

Lone Wolf
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:01 PM
KH is it's own game. It's like saying if you didn't play earlier FFs maybe Chocobos aren't as sensible. They were like people said cameos. It's not meant to be a Final Fantasy. It's meant to be it's own game with just some random characters from Disney and Square.

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 3rd, 2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by mark0

I was a little skeptical of the whole disney thing, so it seems childish, but after these good reviews im going to get it for christmas :) I too was sceptical due to the Disney influence (I 27 fer gawds sake!), but it's a great game. The Disney characters are excellently rendered, full of character and really add to the game. I thoroughly reccommend it!

- S