PDA

View Full Version : Better Sooner Then Later?

MakgSnake
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:02 PM
Do you think playing the game when it comes out is more fun, or exciting or whenever you can get your hands to it.

I dont know, but there are games I want to play right now, before all my other friends finish and stop talking about it. Even at the forums, people stop talking about it, and then after 6 months if you wanna discuss it, nobody seems that excited or happy.

So do you think buying the game during the span time of its release is better or, are you happy with playing it anytime (even if its after 4-6 months).

Daniel Legge
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:05 PM
it depends, if its a really good game (such as gta3)then ppl still talk about them a long time after but some games dont get talked about that much. part of it also depends on the type of game it is. but i suppose i prefer to get em as soon as they come out (or sometimes before).

MakgSnake
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Daniel Legge
but i suppose i prefer to get em as soon as they come out (or sometimes before).
Sometimes before? Before of its release?

Well yeah games like GTA will be talk of the town for quite some time, but the enthusiasm ends after sometime. For every game.

Daniel Legge
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:14 PM
yeh i do sometimes get games the day before they come out in the shops. such as timesplitters 2 i got on the thursday morning, instead of friday which is when it was in the shops.

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:34 PM
Yeah when a new game comes out the urge to play it before everyone else is pretty big. But for me if its a game I have been anticipating for awhile then I don't care about everyone else and just focus on doing whatever it takes to work up the 50 dollars necessary to getting that game right away

MakgSnake
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
But for me if its a game I have been anticipating for awhile then I don't care about everyone else and just focus on doing whatever it takes to work up the 50 dollars necessary to getting that game right away
Same here man, but still I want to play or buy the game as soon as possible. I havn't been doing this at all....and this is killing me.

goodman
Nov 3rd, 2002, 10:45 AM
I just play it whenever i want. Ive got six new ps2 games, and wont be playing most of them until later this year or early next year. I like hearing what people say for the hype factor, then i will take it at my own speed (slow) and play them over several months. With the marketing of games the way it is nowadays, you have about a five month, maybe six month, period of when the quality games come out. Otherwise there is little to nothing, so you have to spread your game playing out over several months when nothing is releasing, at least this past year was that way. With GameFaqs, i dont have to ask many questions when im stuck in a game, because someone over there will have asked the same question at some point. The people over there are very helpful, also, as they can be here at times.

Frozen
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Well, Makg, is seems that I got Metal Gear Solid 2 more than a year after it had been released, and I still had a lot of joy talking about it with you guys :D

I see your points and I agree. But I really don't care much about it, given the fact that I usually buy my consoles and games a good while after they have been released, for several reasons. Sure it's nice to be able to talk about a game with your friends and all, but not something I care much about, to tell you the truth.

Ninja
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:00 AM
I sort of buy any good cheap 20 buck game (SSX) every1 in my school is talking about GTA:VC. Im sorta sad since I won't be getting it for another year :disturb: and the money I had for 2 games, I decided spending it in FFX (I guess it was worth). But I guess some people aren't just ment 2 buy games as soon as they come out. I'm going 2 buy Devil may cry soon, only because it is 20 bucks now. People tell me to steal the games, its just not my style.

Sorry for bothering you with my horrorful story, but I guess it is better to have games as soon as they come out (i never had that feeling though.

goodman
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:09 AM
X, actually buying the game cheap is better. Its the same game, and if its good, you will enjoy it just as much. There is no reason to go to jail because you steal a videogame. Two wrongs dont make a right, you can live just fine without having to play a game immediately. Millions of people are just playing FFX and MGS2 rignt now, and from what ive seen they havent missed that much, either. Im trading FFX in today after i paid 22 bucks for it, i played it 20 hours, its ok, but ive heard enough now that im happy to use it for a trade in for Rygar.......

Ninja
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:19 AM
whoa u mean u paid only 22 buck 4 ur copy of FFX?

goodman
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Yep, just traded FFX in, also, and will be getting Rygar in a few weeks. I got almost $17 store credit, so i didnt lose anything! Cant wait for Rygar, which i think im not missing anything at all with FFX......

MakgSnake
Nov 7th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Although I never buy games late, now a days I have been, cause of shortage of $$$, I wonder when will VC will go "Greatest Hits".

After how long does a game goes "Greatest Hits". I guess when it goes platinum (Reaching a certain amounts of sales). Then why isn't GTA3 gone into the section of "Greatest Hits" and even "MGS2"

Ninja
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:49 AM
is FFX a 20 buck game now?

goodman
Nov 8th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Although I never buy games late, now a days I have been, cause of shortage of $$$, I wonder when will VC will go "Greatest Hits".

After how long does a game goes "Greatest Hits". I guess when it goes platinum (Reaching a certain amounts of sales). Then why isn't GTA3 gone into the section of "Greatest Hits" and even "MGS2"

Im not sure of what the criteria is for a game to be put into the "greatest hits" category. Usually by the time a game gets into that category ive already played long past. FFX was a $22 game on Half.com about three months ago, i havent checked in a while....

Lost_myth
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Dude, man, sir... I still play ff7, what do you think? lol

It's good anytime of year and years to come. I don't like to be doing things when other ppl are doing them unless I need help with the game. I'll figure it out eventually. Anyways I play when I have time and enjoy it all that and more when I actually get a chance to slow down. Maybe even start from scratch.

yep yep