PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any kind of respect?

Hylas
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:16 AM
Do you respect people that are different from you regarding race or religion? Have you ever had troubles with someone for these matters? If you have a discussion with one of those with different opinions regarding for example religious matters, can you understand their points or do you simply think they're telling crap and you're only interested in listening to them for trying to destroy their certainties? Or maybe do you even try to avoid discussions with persons who don't share your same traditions and/or points of view? Are you a tolerant person above all?

Beretta55
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:21 AM
yes i respect their opinion not everybody can argee on something. even though what they belive may not be all i belive but i still respect their opinion's.

kupoartist
Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:03 PM
most of the time, yes. the only exceptions are times when someone can't respect my beliefs (or lack of in some cases), when people start mouthing off people dictated as nasty and evil in their beliefs or when they try very forcefully to force their beliefs on others.

Aside from those I think I'm pretty good in the toleration league... especially with minorities. Oh, and Sikh Gurdwaras make excellent spicy vegetarian meals ^_^

MakgSnake
Nov 2nd, 2002, 05:48 PM
Everybody is equal on this planet. I listen to everyone....and if one should be respected (That is if he/she respects others) I respect him/her.

Daniel Legge
Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:10 PM
i treat everybody with the same respect they give me. i feel everybody is equal and i think everybody shud be heard and taken notice of.

Rei
Nov 3rd, 2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Daniel Legge
i treat everybody with the same respect they give me.

This is what I was going to say: I can't respect a person who's not respecting my principles and beliefs.

Frozen
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Everybody is equal on this planet.

I'm someone who usually tells things straight out the way I think them. This is sometimes positive, sometimes negative. Unfrotunately, this can some times, lead to trouble. Something that goes near to an example is what happened in the Cosplay thread. No need to explain myself about it more than I already did.

But of course, I'm given to respect people most of the time. I don't give damn for either their religious beliefs, or race, or sexual preferences. as long as they don't negatively affect me, I got no reason to disrespect them. It's just, that, in some cases, I just don't feel like saying "I respect this or that indivudual" Like bad cosplayers, I just think that they suck beyond salvation. Although I don't care about them either. If I was to meet one of them in person, I would not be ass enough to tell them "hey, you just suck" because what they're doing actually does not affect me directly.

But, whenever it comes to people that has gone beyond the limits... someone who has comitted rape, for example, will NEVER have either my respect or symphaty. Only hatred and disgust I can feel towards such people.

but well, I think I went away from the road :whoops But I hope you got what I meant :D

Ninja
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:21 PM
I treat them the way they treat me

Pu the Owl
Nov 5th, 2002, 02:38 PM
The only thing I really can't respect is stupidity, which is something that is not proper of any race or religion, but of individuals.

Elmyra
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:16 AM
I think I'm quite respectful. I don't like arguing with others because they have different beliefs. I prefer listening to them, but I ask them to listen to me as well.