PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Not Smooth

MakgSnake
Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:49 AM
I tried Splinter Cell, and its not as smooth as I expected it to be. I dont know, but the game looked really really beautiful, WOW I would say, still it wasn't smooth, and the movement of the main character was so edgy, I mean, he was moving in the same manner as the AI moved in Rainbow Six games. They really shouldn't have done this. The movement I must say, it was very chopy and robotic. May be they'll improve some thing when it gets a release on Ps2 or something. God knows.

Infernal Mass
Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:54 AM
i thought it played well.

Harry
Nov 2nd, 2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I tried Splinter Cell, and its not as smooth as I expected it to be. I dont know, but the game looked really really beautiful, WOW I would say, still it wasn't smooth, and the movement of the main character was so edgy, I mean, he was moving in the same manner as the AI moved in Rainbow Six games. They really shouldn't have done this. The movement I must say, it was very chopy and robotic. May be they'll improve some thing when it gets a release on Ps2 or something. God knows.

Finally someone noticed that! I was the only editor that said so when the press had the chance to see the game in action. The movements of the character were definitely edgy, as you said, and the definition of the muscular structure is not even close to Metal Gear Solid... I just couldn't stand all the others who started saying "MGS killer" here and there.

I said something about it also in the forums, here (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2764&highlight=splinter+cell)

MakgSnake
Nov 2nd, 2002, 01:38 PM
Well yeah, I was quite amazed by it though, but I guess the game so much compared to Metal Gear Solid and was told be "MGS KILLER" like Harry mentioned, I couldn't help but to compare it with MGS. And as we all know Xbox is the most powerful system right now, things like these shouldn't have been there at all.

We are not talking about the AI movements only but the main character's body movement. They really should have worked on it. May be because the movements were not done by Motion Capture, thats why this all happened.

Infernal Mass
Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:08 PM
the clowns at OXm really went overboard with that "MGS killer", crap. They have their heads way up their own asses.

If anything the game is more similar to Hitman 2 and Syphon Filter. The only element of action that made me think this game was in the same league as metal gear was the stealth. I thought it played well in the end, I'll probably be buying this game in the near future.

MakgSnake
Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal
If anything the game is more similar to Hitman 2 and Syphon Filter.
Yup, its Syphon Filer, ....... I mean it may have great amazing gameplay and missions, but Syphon Filter was just like that, not soo smooth movement and all.

But OXM couldn't compare the game with Syphon Filter, cause then they wouldn't have any chance in turning people's heads.

I remember when Syphon Filter 2 came out, it was being compared and said to be better then Metal Gear Solid, I guess they do that to really make those MGS fans buy the game (atleast)....

So will the movements be improved in the PS2 version?

Frozen
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:52 AM
OMIGOD, THIS GAME IS LIKE SYPHON FILTER!!!!!!!!!??????????? :shock:

Damn, this will probably be the third game I'll buy for X Box, hell yeah. Got to check it out :happy:

Infernal Mass
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:52 PM
It's more like Hitman 2 when it comes to the controls ( the left stick moves Sam and the right stick is for the camera ). Also the lighting in this game very impressive, it adds a touch of realism to the whole experiance.

lowdru2k2
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Well I have been reading some reviews online, and everyone said the game is amazing. They said the player animations were dead on and there was nothing wrong with them. I don't know were you get this "edgy looking" from? Me I think PS2 owners are just being really nit picky about the game. I loved MGS2 I thought it was a kool game, but X-Box needs a game like this as well and Splinter Cell is the answer. Well it comes out the 18th so I guess we will have to wait and see.