PDA

View Full Version : MGS3 Location

MakgSnake
Oct 31st, 2002, 12:02 AM
Given that MGS3 will probably focus on the Patriots and have Snake travelling to at least two different locations, where do you think the game will be set?

Manhattan seem like a good place but I dont think Konami will make the game take place again in New York. Its always a new place

I seriously want the game to take place in the Middle East (Eqypt, Qatar) and Pakistan (Jumma Kashmir) seems pretty alright to me.

I think it will take place somewhere there is "Sand", which it should.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 31st, 2002, 02:26 AM
Sand........hmmmmmmm

Oh yeah....hows it goin MakG. Getting the 8 mile cd tommorow and I just heard the 50 cent Em and Obi track-good stuff

Anyways-I think it'll be great for something like that-Manhattan hit a little too close for home and it made me sneak around the streets trying to stick people up for dog tags during rush hour!:laugh:

You would also need somewhere dark. Shadowy place. The old soviet Union-to bring down the Spetznaz (however you spell it)
Maybe a submarine mission or another one like the

**SPOILER**
End of MGS where you pilot something like a jeep or a rail gun ona tank
**SPOILER**

MakgSnake
Oct 31st, 2002, 04:48 PM
Whats up MAD, hows everything going?

Well yeah Shadowy sounds pretty intresting. Ofcrouse In MGS theres got to be a Shadowy place.

But I said Sandy area, because we have seen Snow in MGS1 and Rain in MGS2, but havn't experienced SAND till now.

I would love to see a stage where there is lot of sand coming right on your face, which would make you wanna shed your shirt, just to make sure your clean.

And I would love to see Dust comin right at ya, in first person view and sticking to your scope.

Its something I want to see bad!.!

Frozen
Nov 1st, 2002, 07:14 AM
I agree with you MAkg. Actually there's a couple of thigns we have not yet seen: Sand and Jungle. Although I believe that Snake had many experiences in jungles before.

I definitely like the ideas of sand and the idea MADRUCKIS posted (wazzup dude?). Russians will always prevail as the bad guys in that game :laugh:

MakgSnake
Nov 1st, 2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
Although I believe that Snake had many experiences in jungles before.
True, the Zanzibar incident took place in the Jungle, but yeah I would LOVE to see the jungle effect and all the detail to the grass and the greenary. That would be amazing to look at, and the sunshine coming straight throw the trees right on the ground, and "Hide Jump Shoot" with the help of the trees would be awesome. And then there could be climbing the trees and jumping on the soldiers. (Not saying Snake would become the Metal Gear Tarzan) but it would be cool to see all that. :D

merylsilverburg
Nov 7th, 2002, 07:28 PM
You guys have some really great ideas and I agree: An area like a desert or someplace "sandy" would be great! :D
But, I have a feeling that the locations for MGS3 would still take place somewhere in the states and probably some big city again...or it could mainly be underwater, but that'd be kinda weird. :P Or, the location could be in Russia...where there's snow again...I dunno, my ideas are dumb, sorry. :heh:

MakgSnake
Nov 7th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
or it could mainly be underwater, but that'd be kinda weird
May be the place where ocelot goes, is somewhere underwater. Theres lot of things and creativity that can be done. Making a whole new under water facility, and making half of the game in the facility, would be a cooool idea. May be Olga's baby is kept there and all. I think its sounds amazing!.!

merylsilverburg
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

May be the place where ocelot goes, is somewhere underwater. Theres lot of things and creativity that can be done. Making a whole new under water facility, and making half of the game in the facility, would be a cooool idea. May be Olga's baby is kept there and all. I think its sounds amazing!.!

Ooh, good point! Heh, I didn't think of that. Alright, so maybe an underwater facility wouldn't be bad....I guess we'll just have to see...:D :D

MakgSnake
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:19 AM
Thats the thing, I cant wait for this game to reveal itself. When I finished MGS1, I wanted MGS2 to be on 2 or 4 disk. But instead got it on DVD so it was all cool. I hope this game is on 4 or atleast 2 disk DVD.

As for the location........anywhere but not NY. That would repeat stuff......... I wouldn't mind Arizona Desert. I want SAND.......yeah!

mark0™
Nov 17th, 2002, 04:11 PM
*Spoiler*

didnt otacon say the patriots were in manhatten in the end of mgs2?

it seems it would need to be continues in manhatten and maybe somewhere else if that was the case, i doubt the patriots would flee from snake. i think japan would be cool, places like deserts, jungles n such dont seem to have the shadowy/industrial background associated with Snake, plus snake would need a new colour for his fatigues!! yellow or green fatigues would look bad!

merylsilverburg
Nov 17th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by mark0
*Spoiler*

didnt otacon say the patriots were in manhatten in the end of mgs2?

I forgot, but you may be right. Have to wait for Makg. :D

i think japan would be cool,

Hmm...I'm not sure if Japan would work...it seems that Kojima likes the US a lot and a lot of the foreign countries besides Asia.

plus snake would need a new colour for his fatigues!! yellow or green fatigues would look bad!

I agree with you! :laugh:

dan da man
Nov 17th, 2002, 06:02 PM
i thougt the patriots were all dead thats the last line in mgs2 snake speaking to otacon, otacon says there all dead, snake says when? otacon says about 100 year ago! i think

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Dan you are right, they are dead, but Patriots aren't suppose to be human, so they live on.

I agree with Mark too, that otacon said that they are in Manhattan, but that doesn't mean that the next episode would be in New York. From what I have seen in the Metal Gear series that the same location is never used again. And it wouldn't be a great idea using the same location again, I mean for a new chapter, a new location, new possibilities......would be better.

By the way, Solid Snake already wore "GREEN" outfit in the very first Metal Gear, that came out in 1987. Even his bandana was green. And I think it looked pretty amazing.

We have seen Solid Snake in "Purplish Blue" in Metal Gear Solid.......and in "Silverish Grey" in Metal Gear Solid 2. Thats why we think he'd look good only in those.

Most of the Army suits are in green, and they look nice...I am sure Solid Snake would look excellent in that too, ofcourse a very good helping hand would be needed by Yoji Shinkawa in order to make a nice new gear for Snake.

In desert storm, many army men wore "Yellowish brown" outfits, so I think it wouldn't look bad on Solid Snake either.

Those colours are used by Commandos and Army men all over the world. I mean we are not talking about "PINK" and "Orange", but decent colors. :laugh:

By the way, "Snake Pliskin's" Navy suit was no other color but "Green" and he looked great in it.

merylsilverburg
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:13 PM

By the way, Solid Snake already wore "GREEN" outfit in the very first Metal Gear, that came out in 1987. Even his bandana was green. And I think it looked pretty amazing.

We have seen Solid Snake in "Purplish Blue" in Metal Gear Solid.......and in "Silverish Grey" in Metal Gear Solid 2. Thats why we think he'd look good only in those.

Most of the Army suits are in green, and they look nice...I am sure Solid Snake would look excellent in that too, ofcourse a very good helping hand would be needed by Yoji Shinkawa in order to make a nice new gear for Snake.

In desert storm, many army men wore "Yellowish brown" outfits, so I think it wouldn't look bad on Solid Snake either.

Those colours are used by Commandos and Army men all over the world. I mean we are not talking about "PINK" and "Orange", but decent colors. :laugh:

By the way, "Snake Pliskin's" Navy suit was no other color but "Green" and he looked great in it.

Whoa, whoa, okay Makg. :laugh: What you said is true, but I'm sure many still prefer Snake's colors in the MGS/MGS2 games...that's just something we're more used to, I guess. But, maybe that's just me. *shrugs*

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Whoa, whoa, okay Makg. :laugh:
Huh?, I wasn't trying to be upfront, just mentioning the facts. I mean, Solid Snake already have worn green, and Pliskin was in green!!.!!

Like I said, we are used to those colors cause we have seen him on it. If we dont see him on anything else, how could we say he wouldn't look good on it. (its not frocks and skirts that we are talking about here are we).

Beretta55
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:23 PM
let him wear pink and let him show his tender side!!!...jk jk:laugh: but i think a new kind of green outfit would be cool. cool for a jungle mission's and wear green stuff....:laugh:

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by beretta55
but i think a new kind of green outfit would be cool. cool for a jungle mission's
Yeah, I seriously would love it, if there are some junlge stage in the game.....just imagine the possibilites for "Snake's moves"... it would be awesome.

And Dust and Sand is something I just wanna experience in the Metal Gear universe. I am sure, am not the only one.

Beretta55
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:31 PM

Yeah, I seriously would love it, if there are some junlge stage in the game.....just imagine the possibilites for "Snake's moves"... it would be awesome.

And Dust and Sand is something I just wanna experience in the Metal Gear universe. I am sure, am not the only one.
yeah a desert mission would be cool. seeing snake shooting up bad guy's in a sandstorm...awsome:laugh:

merylsilverburg
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:22 PM

Huh?, I wasn't trying to be upfront, just mentioning the facts. I mean, Solid Snake already have worn green, and Pliskin was in green!!.!!

I know, but it was just "facts overload"...it was funny to me. :laugh:

Originally posted by beretta55
let him wear pink and let him show his tender side!!!...jk jk:laugh:

Ooh...that would not be a pretty sight. :nerv:

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 11:36 PM
I know, but it was just "facts overload"...it was funny to me.
I didn't make them up you know.

merylsilverburg
Nov 18th, 2002, 05:31 AM
There's no need to get all touchy, Makg. I know you didn't make them up, but I'm just saying it was just funny because it just sounded like you were so happy with posting them and all so it was kinda cute. You know...since MGS news has been kinda slow lately. But hey, I guess I need to be more careful of what I type now, huh?

MakgSnake
Nov 18th, 2002, 11:30 AM
There's no need to get all touchy, Makg.
No, I thought you were being sarcastic, thats why I said that........ I didn't know you meant all that what you wrote above. Oops.

mark0™
Nov 18th, 2002, 12:47 PM
woah, when i mentioned the colours i wasnt serious lol, i seriously dont care if he wears diffenent fatigues, jus as long as their neutral colours :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Nov 18th, 2002, 10:36 PM
No, I thought you were being sarcastic, thats why I said that........ I didn't know you meant all that what you wrote above. Oops.

Sarcastic? You know, I've never really been sarcastic except to certain humorous things, but when it comes to things like facts or information, I'm not sarcastic. Especially when I know that someone has a passion for what they like, I won't be sarcastic because that's their passion and it would be rude and cruel to be sarcastic and making fun because they were giving information. But still, I guess I need to be more careful of what I say since it might be taken the wrong way.

MakgSnake
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:51 PM
But still, I guess I need to be more careful of what I say since it might be taken the wrong way.
No, its cool, you dont have to be more careful, I'll be instead. Chill Aight. :)