PDA

View Full Version : how do i save a file into a gif and other files what program do i use plz URGENT

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:21 PM
can sum 1 walk me through how to insert a pic on these posts and what program can i use to save it as a gif and/or the others plz how do others do it?
o and whats a poll?
plz help me

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Please, post the right questions in the right forum...
If you need help with your account, post in help & Faq forum, if you need an help with a videogame, post in the right forum, depending on the vidoegame genre....

Now, back to your question:

to save an image in gif format you can use Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop. Paint Shop Pro is easier to use. You can use it also to make a banner to put in your signature (the image that appears at the bottom of every post).
To put a pic in your signature first of all you need a web space to upload the pic and then you have to put a link in the signature space(you can find it going to your control panel, then edit profile). Note that you have to put the link using image tags ([*img][/img]) ----> you don't have to write the *, I only used it to show you what an image tag is...
If you can't upload the pic, ask someone to host it for you.
If you have other questions regarding images and signatures, post them here, not all around the forums :D

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:32 PM
ok how about the bmp files and stuff and whats a poll??

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:34 PM
I'm going to post the reply in Help & FAQ forum!

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:34 PM
i havent got photoshop or pro is there n e other files availiable i can use to put 1 in?

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:39 PM
I think there are other softwares able to do the same thing, maybe you have one of them installed in your PC...
If not, try downloading the trial version of Paint Shop Pro here (http://www.jasc.com/products/psp/).

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 04:03 PM
this is a tester i hope it works there shud b a picture below this hopefully........

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 04:08 PM
uhmmm...

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 04:12 PM
that file to download is tooooo big
i cant do that
dont u have n e suggestions like bmp or jpg or png cus there the availiable 1s what files can i use which are the size its suppose to b ?

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 04:22 PM
im down loadin the trial version now so hopefully i will b able to work it *crossing his fingers*:cool:

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 04:51 PM
ok if ur still there plz help me
i have the paint shop now all installed and i have the image up i want and have all the things i cud save it on
whats the best to use and can u walk me through it now plz still b there/???

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 04:53 PM
If you have to save a pic, you should use jpg format, which probably is the best in general, but if you want to make a transparent pic you should use gif format..

I don't recommend to use Png and bmp.

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:06 PM
so heres a test............

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:09 PM
damn im so agitated now
how big do u make it
damn i cant do it
hey ill tell u what
cud u try it 4 me
go on www.devilmaycry.com and then to screenshots and then go to weapons and get the first pic and show it on ur thing 4 me and do it as you would do it and walk me through hoew u wud normally do it .........
?plz?
its not workin 4 me as im not a proffessional like u :D

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:15 PM
ok, I'll try to fix it for you, but please calm down :D

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:18 PM
k cheers thanx chuck!

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Is it the pic you want to post together with your replies?

http://www.capcom.com/devilmaycry/images/screenwp_01.jpg

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:24 PM
damn yea man how did ya do it i wanna know plzzzzzzzzz

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Go to your Control Panel (at the top of the main page you'll find a menu, click on Your CP, then Edit Profile and look for the signature space) and look at the code I used to put the image in the signature space. Next time you just have to change the link.

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:36 PM
wow ur amazin
so it cums up automatically wit my image then?

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Yeah, it comes automatically with your posts. You have to disable the right option while posting if you don't want to post also the signature.

solidus-snake
Feb 10th, 2002, 06:04 PM
r u the same company as a whole then probaly arent u duh god how thick am i

Hylas
Feb 11th, 2002, 05:38 PM
EEK! Fortune ain't a man! :D