PDA

View Full Version : What classic games do you think should be remade? (that aren’t already)

aj142
Oct 27th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Think about all of those obscure titles that were huge at one time, but… where are they now? I mean, some titles were remade but flopped. Pac Man didn’t do so hot as a 3D game. Donkey Kong, on the other hand, was better than ever on Super NES. Obviously, games like Pong simply don’t have the makings of a great next gen console title, but there must be dozens others that would…

Spank-A-Thon
Oct 27th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Umm, where do I start..?

Elite (BBC B): Although there have been a couple of sequels (in Frontier and Frontier: First Encounters) none have approached anywhere the magic of the original. I believe Elite IV is in production - so fingers crossed for this one!

Wizball (Commodore 64): An all-time classic from the Sensible Brothers that has never been remade. An update would be fantastic if they kept it as 2D, rather than make a 3D update as seems to be the trend.

Paradroid (C64): Although there was a psuedo-sequel on the Sinclair Spectrum (Quazatron), and an 'enhanced' Amiga version, I would pay big bucks to have a new version of this done with PS2 graphics - one of my all-time fave games ever!

Armalyte (C64): One of the greatest shoot-em-ups ever. Someone remake this please!

Umm, that'll do for now me thinks.

- S

AudioBoxer
Oct 27th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Duck Hunter and Super Bike I always loved those games

KickMe
Oct 27th, 2002, 07:24 PM
They could make a 3D First-person shooter of Duckhunt! LOL. I would like to see a Castlevania game remade for PS2 and also a Ghosts and Goblins game.

Some others I would like to see remade are Metroid, Zelda, and Mario. These have already been made?!? I need to get a Gamecube. :(

Rei
Oct 27th, 2002, 08:04 PM
All the older LucasArts games: I think the newest Grim Fandango was awesome and Escape from Monkey Island too, so, I'm sure it would be cool to have all the other Lucas titles remade as well.

Daedaelus
Oct 27th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Secret of Mana for the SNES would look great on PS2 or NGC if it was remade.

MakgSnake
Oct 27th, 2002, 10:27 PM
I have seen this thread somewhere else as well. Alright

I want "Policenauts" to get an amazing remake, and I want "Streets of Rage" done right. Bouncer wasn't exactly a great game, so I want that.

Also, I would be a happiest man on planet earth if Konami decides to re-make "Metal Gear" and "Metal Gear: Solid Snake" for Ps2 (Which I highly doubt will ever happen - but hey a man can dream)

Rei
Oct 27th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Ok, since you didn't ask what Action/Adventure game etc etc... but only what classic game in general, I think this can be moved to Gen Chat...

hijakedGTR
Oct 28th, 2002, 04:55 AM
marble madness and california games

trunks69420
Oct 28th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Double Dragon!! We need a good 3-d beat em up title! At least one to make up for the lingering pain that was the bouncer, ugh cinema's!:roll:

aj142
Oct 30th, 2002, 05:36 PM
There's a few memories. You guys remember titles like Joust, Galaga and Defender? I heard they've remade Defender in 3D. I remember personally spending a fortune on that game. Can't wait to try the new version for PS2. What other titles would you like to see remade?

aj142
Oct 31st, 2002, 08:40 PM
Hey guys check this out. I found a version of the classic vs. the new remake of Defender http://www.defender.midway.com/ What a cool game. Also, does anyone remember spy hunter? I had totally forgotten about that one. What other classics are we missing?

Beretta55
Nov 1st, 2002, 04:44 AM
i think a new version of the game battle toad's would be cool. i remember playing that game on Snes it was so hard but one of the best game's i have ever played.

Cannibal Clown
Nov 1st, 2002, 02:09 PM
General chaos, battle toads, Rock n' Roll Racing, All of the old final fantasy games, robocop, tenage mutant ninja turtles games. They were always really cool. The classic alien game. For ps2 or xbox. That'd kick ass. and you can't forget the classic, duck hunt. That was an awesome game.

Spank-A-Thon
Nov 1st, 2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by aj142
<snip>Also, does anyone remember spy hunter? I had totally forgotten about that one.AJ, Spy Hunter was remade for the PS2 this year. I have it and it's a blast! Classic stuff, although the original Spy Hunter 2 was somewhat pants...

- S

007_JamesBond
Nov 1st, 2002, 04:32 PM
Duck hunt all the way, but general chaos would be awsome

Cannibal Clown
Nov 1st, 2002, 04:48 PM
duck hunt with new and improoved guns, like the rail gun and missile launcher. yippee

Mydster
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:32 PM
Duck Hunt as always been a personal favorite and should be remade.

I think that Megaman 1-6 should be remade for PSX (as it was in Japan) for release in the USA.

aj142
Nov 1st, 2002, 06:47 PM
Duck hunt... I remember that too. Hey, thanks spank-a-thon. Did not know that. Hey I just got that new Defender 3D and it rocks! I love the KMFDM track. Way cool!