PDA

View Full Version : Thps 4

KickMe
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Anbody have Tony Hawk 4 yet? I'm hopefully getting it tomorrow. It looks sweet.:D

Daniel Legge
Oct 27th, 2002, 02:25 PM
nope, i live in england and have to wait a while before i can get it:peoples: :frust:

jjmoohead
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Ya I picked it up, best Hawk yet by far!

Mercury Shadow
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:37 PM
I posted my impressions on another forum of the demo, so without further ado...

THPS4- If you know me, you'll know I despise the THPS series by now. I liked THPS1+2, but i had NO fun with 3 and hate the fact that everyone's copying them. This is why I'm pleasently surprised that THPS4 is auctually good. I really like the fact that there's no time limit, so in carrer mode, it's exactly like free skate and you choose when you want to do the goals. No pressure, jus have fun. The goals are more cool this time as well. What's also great (and if i remember correctly, was not in THPS3) is the gap list is in the menu when you press start. It's easier to see what gaps you've done than in THPS2 where you had to goto the main menu "options" to find out. Also, the level was really detailed and fun, contrary to THPS3's boring ass levels (cruise ship in TH3=gay). One problem I did have with it is that you go real fast. Right when you're standing, and you let go, you fly off like you have rocket boosters... thats kinda lame, i hope there's a simulation mode cheat like there is in THPS2 (not in 3, i might add) so I can pretend to skate like I wish I could in real life... :sigh: Anyways, if you have online capibility, you're in for a treat, this game is a shock to fans of the first 2.

merylsilverburg
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:47 PM
I really enjoyed the THPS series, but I have to say that this fourth game is really great. :cool: It's a big improvement from the 3rd game because in THPS3, you had the same exact missions over and over and over again which became very dull. :disturb: However, THPS4 is fresh and fun and I'd be playing more of it if GTA: VC didn't come out. :laugh: