PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden III...one awesome freaking game!!!

Darkness 4 Hire
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Man words cant desribe how good this game is...i cant stop playing it, the 3 main characters are all awesome in there own way... so i was wandering if anyone else out there is rockin this game and feel the way i do!!!

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 27th, 2002, 03:38 PM
I will be when your done with it :laugh:

tha16thletter
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:57 PM
SuikoIII... incredible, thas all I can say. I'm about ohhh... 9 hours in, and this game is on track to topple my favorite RPG, u guessed it, SuikoII... lol. I'm in love, and I anticipated this game sooo much, its only lived up to my expectations, and in many ways, its surpassed em. God bless the good ppl at Konami for another epic for me to waste hundreds of hours on :happy:
[]D

Iki
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:06 PM
it´s a great game, as the other version were...... and for the triple way to see things happens gimme the sensation that the game hasn't started yet, and I will have more time enjoying it :phew:

Beretta55
Nov 30th, 2002, 08:36 PM
i bought the game today but i havent played it yet. i have heard good thing's so i hope this game dosent disapoint.

Beretta55
Dec 1st, 2002, 10:35 PM
it's a good game and it got a 9 at gamespot and GI. but the battle system is really cool cause you can have 6 character's in a party the game is awsome. but i havent been playing it much since i rented metoid prime.

Plug 4
Dec 2nd, 2002, 08:17 PM
I ask suikoden for christmas so u guys are lucky to play with it now.

but i have some questions about the game.

Is it that hard to understand (battle system)?
what other rpg that you can compare suikoden III?
Is the music good??? for me it's important
Is there any kind of "summon"??

Lone Wolf
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:24 AM
Is it that hard to understand (battle system)?
what other rpg that you can compare suikoden III?
Is the music good??? for me it's important
Is there any kind of "summon"??

The battle system was easy. The learning curb is not a problem here unless you are mentally challenged, drowsy or extremely lazy.
Compare Suikoden 3 to something else? Nah man, this game is off on it's own (since I haven't played the originals). Story is great, the way they tell it is probably the BEST part. I mean all those who got the secret characters know even more so than the others.
Music was good in my opinion. It's no FFT but it had it's moments here and there.
There is summoning sort of. But it's not like the FF summon. It's a different game. Have to appreciate that about it and the world they made it in.

Plug 4
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:34 PM
^^aight cool...im gonna have it for christmas..cant wait

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:02 PM
Who here has beatin it and know what they're doing because I need help or some suggestions

Oh and Zero eh Mena...whatever...don't you worry I think you'll like it ;)

Lone Wolf
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:02 AM
I can help I suppose. You just need ask a more specific question. If I can't my friend is obsessed with the series, he'd be able to contribue on background as well.

Vicious
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Im not sure if should get this game or Wild Arms 3

tha16thletter
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:27 PM
I've played both, and maybe I'm just a lil biased but... I'd go with Suikoden III. Best RPG I've played since SuikoII... I'm workin on finishin it, but school has got in the way... I'm about to quit and take this game on as a full time occupation.. lol
[]D

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:46 PM
I took a break from Wild Arms III for Suikoden 3 so I suggest you buy that

Yeah me and D4H are gonna try and beat it together but I need some suggestions on who I should use for the Water/Ice Dragin battle. The one where its surrounded by the 6 iscicles. I use Hugo and Fubar...and then Futch and Bright but I need 2 more characters and I don't know who to use...and also some sort of strategy. Thanks...

Lone Wolf
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:53 PM
guy, I know exactly what you mean on that dragon. It is one b*tch and a half. You got 4 out of 6 for a good team. You need people who don't have to destroy the the crystals to cause damage. It's also a good idea to have one healer. Someone with a flowing (water) rune so they can heal everyone in one stroke. Those crystals can be brutal but since they come back, it's pointless to destroy them. I used Estella as one character. Her magic ability is damn good. I also used Emily (because I'm obsessed with her kickass fighting skills). Granted, she has to destroy a crystal before she can get inside but if you did her right, she can get in with some help. If you didn't know, upon destroy a crystal, there's space for a character to get inside for more violence on the dragon itself. Even when the Crystal was revived, she was still able to hit the dragon.

more advice, lots os magic resistance as well as armor protect. Water amulets never really hurt my healing *hint hint*. If you were unaware, once inside (near an enemy), you can use the ridee (Fubar or Bright) to heal both the rider and animal plus get all the hits of normal attacks. Hope that helps.

Plug 4
Dec 4th, 2002, 10:34 PM
If am someone that only played FF rpgs or other liike xenogear and chrono cross.....am i going to like this game?

Lone Wolf
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:57 PM
You like RPGs? You like FFs? You like Xenogears? Then, yes you will like this game. I've played those. Xenogears is Dayam good. This game is on par. It's such a "new" game (features and matter of story-telling) I enjoyed it very much.

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Thanks Wolf...where can I get Emily and Estella...isn't Emily that girl you have to arm wrestle?

Lone Wolf
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

where can I get Emily and Estella...isn't Emily that girl you have to arm wrestle? Estella was in Alma Kinan. Talk to Rody who should be hanging around outside. She'll send you on some pointless search (she likes to play jokes, meaning, you can't really find what she's looking for). Go talk to the girl in the back of the Holy Place, then you should be able to go back to talk to her and she'll join up with Rody. Take 3 mins, really. Emily is the girl you arm wrestle. Her swing is 'S' + she has heavy damage. You know the possibilites of that with Drain (absorbs life from critical hits). You might have her, I don't know if it's possible to lose the match.

I did these before choosing a successor, so things might be a bit different. But I suspect they'll be the same.

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 5th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Oh I've lost to her before but I was weaker then...

Thanks man

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 6th, 2002, 02:37 PM
I'll get this eventually, since Suikoden is my favorite RPG ever.

It got a 9.4 from IGN. I have to get it...

Plug 4
Dec 6th, 2002, 05:15 PM
is there a lot of anime sequence in suikoden???

sorry about all those questions...i cant wait to play...it's been a long time that i didnt play a rpg

Lone Wolf
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:09 PM
I think they blew the money for anime cut scenes on the openning. It's pretty damn good, too. I left it running on many occasions for that cutscene as well as the music.

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Yeah I was a bit disappointed to not see any cutscenes

But yes the opening rules

Plug 4
Dec 25th, 2002, 02:19 PM
so i got the game yesterday morning and i already played more 7 hours..im finishing geddoe first chapter. but theirs still some stuff i dont understand. after battle were u can see if u level up sometimes u see some yellow stars and every character have some kind of green boxes..what these 2 things suppose to mean?????? can i buy some weapons?? or they only level up when u forge them? and can someone please tell me what affix a rune means? how can a rune break up?

thx

Plug 4
Dec 27th, 2002, 11:15 PM
ok everyone forget about my questions...i got the answers myself!

fantasywave
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:05 PM
I would like to add a comment about Suikoden III...

Ahem, this game is simply too hard for me. I've trained like crazy and still cannot beat the first boss. BTW, I started with Geddoe. Anyways, so what I did was I used GameShark codes. Lol, I am a cheater. So what I really want to say is that Suikoden III is a pain.

Thanks.

tha16thletter
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:08 PM
lol moron :laugh:
[]D

Decifer
Jan 6th, 2003, 05:54 PM
lemme guess ur stuck on that boss that you have to fight to move on to caleria? well if you are i was stuck too but the trick is you attack those wierd f***** up things coming from his sides that he attacks with then hes powerless (except for that pathetic lick move).

tha16thletter
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:41 PM
I think he meant the rock golem... but yeeea, that guy with the 2 heads and that charge up move was horrrrrrible.... gotta take the heads out first, split your people up on either side so that he cant hit all of them... and wail away on one head til its dead, then jus concentrate on the center... leave the one head that heals, he wont do much, just heal himself and do a tornado spell every once in a while, nothing major...
[]D

Redpyramidhead
Jan 9th, 2003, 01:34 AM
So yeah I just got Suikoden III and so far I'm impressed, but I have just one question. Well I've just barely started...but does the story and overall atmosphere of the game get darker as the game progresses? I realize most RPG's start out kinda low key with happy go lucky surroundings and cheery music, but so far none of that has been able to tie me emotionally to the game. THe opening anime sequence sure was emotional and engrossing i'd have to say....music is amazing. I hope more of the game is like that later on. This is actually really important to me. blah I don't know what I'm ranting about...maybe i just want to see for myself...

_RED_ stuff

Decifer
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:39 AM
its not really in a dark atomosphere, well theres Great Hollow thats a dark village and some caves and stuff but besides that its light out most of the time. When i started playing i was lost and didnt really like the game to be honest but once you get ur characters around lvl 2-3 and play as thomas (secret character) . you get really into the story and characters. i think suiko III has the best story for an RPG on ps2 and practicly any other next gen console RPG.

Redpyramidhead
Jan 10th, 2003, 01:56 AM
Cool thanks. I started playing it again last night and although I didn't make much progress in the game I started to fall in love with it's atmosphere more. I would imagine it could only get better (like you said,) too.

_RED_ stuff