PDA

View Full Version : Favorite introduction videos

Frozen
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Intro videos in RPG's are definitely always a plus in a RPG when well done.

This is the list of my favorite ones.

FF8 (the most impactating for me)
Chrono Cross
Breath of Fire 4
Legend of Dragoon
FF9
FF7

Which are yours?

kupoartist
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:33 PM
FFVIII was probably the best, but FFX also had a great one (which I saw at the Cinema first ^_^). The One for FFXI is also pretty good... even if it does look about as "Lord Of The Rings" as they could make it :happy:

Frozen
Oct 24th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Yeah, the FFXI is pretty nice, although it didn't cause any impact on me or anything to say "whoa, amazing" unlike the one at FFVIII

FFX's was my first PS2 game, and whenever I saw it, I just thought to myself those were the most outstanding graphics I had ever seen. But the video itself was not impressing, although later on you find out why that scene and all so it makes it pretty cool.... but definitely nothing like FFVIII's intro. No other game has got close to it. (the closest one to my taste is that of Chrono Cross, I think that the music is spectacular)

kupoartist
Oct 25th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
But the video itself was not impressing, although later on you find out why that scene and all so it makes it pretty cool.... but definitely nothing like FFVIII's intro.
oh.... I meant the Blitzball FMV as the Main FFX movie :/ (not the Zanarkand Campfire one)

Daedaelus
Oct 25th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Xenogears and FFVII

Frozen
Oct 26th, 2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by the_artist

oh.... I meant the Blitzball FMV as the Main FFX movie :/ (not the Zanarkand Campfire one)

Well, that was more of a prologue than an intro video, if you know what I mean. (But then to think about it, FF VIII's video I'm talking about would be the same thing...)

I forgot about that video, and hell yeah, it was freaking awsome, specially when Auron appeared (I thought he was the bad guy)

kupoartist
Oct 26th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Frozen
I forgot about that video, and hell yeah, it was freaking awsome, specially when Auron appeared (I thought he was the bad guy)
yeah... Aurons appearance really set him up as a badass character: if you saw a massive ball of water attacking people, theres a good chance you wouldn't take a "oh, good morning sin" attitude ^_^

AudioBoxer
Oct 26th, 2002, 10:42 AM
My fav would Have to be Sonic Adventures for the Dreamcast!

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 26th, 2002, 06:33 PM
I just saw the Suidoken III opening sequence at D4H's house

Damn that game looks kickass!

Daedaelus
Oct 26th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by AudioBoxer
My fav would Have to be Sonic Adventures for the Dreamcast!

I believe he said favorite RPG intro. videos

lowdru2k2
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:53 PM
I gotta say FFVIII too. The first time I saw it I was like "holly sh*t this is going to be like a freakin movie"

Noki Noki
Oct 29th, 2002, 11:21 PM
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

I liked Breath of Fire IV.. but I thought the opening could have been better.
.. most memorable FMV's.

IcyMourdor
Oct 30th, 2002, 10:42 PM
The video for FFVII and CC are awesome.

I first saw this video while at my favorite electronics store and I was completely amazed. I was dying for the next FF to come out. That was why I got my PSX because Sqaure went to Sony.

CC has an awesome song to go along with the cut scenes.

Darkness 4 Hire
Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:28 PM
Suikoden III's and FFVIII...opening videos left a huge impression and really kicked started my way in beating the games!

mark0™
Nov 24th, 2002, 01:59 PM
FFX, the detail on the blitzball sphere and all the detail on sin and the water, and ultra cool Auron of course.

Iki
Nov 24th, 2002, 06:03 PM
The Suikoden III opening is great, although the music isn't that good, the manga styled shots are great

Vicious
Nov 24th, 2002, 07:02 PM
I haven't seen many RPG opening movies, but I have seen the one from Kingdom Hearts and it's awesome and the music is really cool too. :ghost: :ghost:

sk8er_kyle
Nov 25th, 2002, 11:15 PM
The FF8 intro movie is the best. I liked the FFX intro and the kingdom hearts intro too.:ghost:

Plug 4
Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:51 PM
i have to say FF8..wow it was sooo nice...i had goosebumps when i saw it for the first time.