PDA

View Full Version : Smells

Lost_myth
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:05 PM
It's weird how some smells can take you places. Some remind you of Christmas or a place that you feel at peace. Smells connect with your memories and can travel to places that have long been forgotten.

What's a smell that reminds you of a place, time or person?

Where does this smell take you or who does it remind you of?

Gadzoox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:21 PM
To me, people have their own 'scents'. I like my mommy's scent. It reminds me of my mommy. :D

AudioBoxer
Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:05 PM
I think the best scent is when you drive down the street around Christmas and you smell the smell of people burning a fire in the fireplace, I love that smell!

Gadzoox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:03 PM
YES! And the smell of fresh rain too!

AudioBoxer
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:19 PM
ahhhhhhhh ya the sweet smells of nature!

Lost_myth
Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:56 PM
You can't really smell rain, it's actually the smell of moist concret.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:48 AM
AHHHH

You hit it right on the NOSE....er.......right

The smell of cool rain evaporating on a hot summer concrete sidewalk.......geeze...love that

Curve for is a bad smell because it reminds me of a person that broke my heart. sob

Clowns have a smell to them. They smell like makeup and it makes me naucious......(I say they also smell like evil but no one beleives me)

Oh and Trik-I read you post once and I only caught "People burning in a fire place" and I was blown away that you said that. But I read it a 2nd time and got it! lol

P.S. Blue-how ya gonna pm me when ur box is full and I can't reply back? Geeze..........:frust: of all the stupid.........*runs*......I'm sorry don't hit me!

merylsilverburg
Oct 24th, 2002, 01:00 AM
When I smell the fall/winter season, I am reminded of some unhappy days of my past and I also know about the upcoming Christmas season....which makes me sad too.

Lost_myth
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Ummm... Yeah...ook... Mad....I'm gonna get you *takes out gang of monkeys with moldy cheese* (I cleared my pm box out alittle so pm me)

I like the smell when you get close to the lake, smells good.

And the smell of yeast when we pass the brewery factory every morning, reminds me of home-baked fresh bread or crusty oatmeal.

I don't like when I smell wet dog cause that means I have to dry the dog off.

Baby powder reminds me of a baby. We have two new babies in the family, My nephew(Rory) and neice(Mary Rose).

Yep yep

kupoartist
Oct 24th, 2002, 12:57 PM
My nose is usually too blocked up to smell stuff ^_^,and to be honest i find general ambience to be more memorable (like the sounds outside - strangely I always seem to like the sound of the distant Motorway near my house, really late at night - it kind of helps me on my perspective of just how busy and big the world is.)

I do love the smell of new things though ^_^, the smells of fake christmas trees and wrapping paper also create a wonderful mood as well ^_^

Noki Noki
Oct 24th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Mrm.. any kind of scented powder.
Reminds me of the body powder my grandmother used to make me wear to preschool as a kid.. It was so strong smelling.. and I still remember waking up to cartoons in my heart-stamped sheets drinking chocolate milk and having to go get dressed and put on that dreaded powder..
and that... reminds me, I wonder where all those vitamins I hid went.. oO

I love any vanilla scent. Reminds me of the coffee shop where some friends and I used to hang out when we were in our early teens.
I miss those days. ;-;

That Autumn-scented Potpourri reminds me of the days my grandmother used to take me shopping at Wal-Mart.. and we'd always go by the potpourri aisle in the crafts section.

I'm sure I can think of more.. but not right now. x.o

Lost_myth
Oct 24th, 2002, 04:03 PM
I love the smell of mocha, latte, or cappacino. It kinda reminds me of my friends.

I love the way the city air smells at night, reminds me of alot of things. *sighs*

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 24th, 2002, 04:50 PM
All the smells that I love, I can't really describe in words, you just have to smell it for yourself

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:02 PM
I'm probably the only freak that loves the smell of gasoline......

Love those gas stations!!! But I can't stay for long cause I get a little woozy...........
:roll:

I love the smell of airplane....though I haven't been on one in over 6 yrs.

Love it when I put my hands in arm pits like this and smell em......(takes a wiff) *thought it was funny but I need to take a shower after I play ball-yeesh!

I love girls that have great scents.......their hair, their person. Some girls have a natural sweet smell to em......sorta sound perverted-but it's true. People have a natural body scent I think!

Lost_myth
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:16 PM
WE DIDN'T COME HERE TO BE INSULTED!!! j/k

Blueberries smell really good, They remind me of me devouring them.... lol

If you smell heat or hot cocoa it reminds me of Christmas when you are sitting on the couch, lights are all off except the turtle tank and the christmas lights inside & out. Oh, don't forget the christmas tree.

When we clean the turtle tank or you take a smell of it, reminds me of the ocean. Like a sea-shell you can hear the waves.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Mad....I'm gonna get you *takes out gang of monkeys with moldy cheese* (I cleared my pm box out alittle so pm me)

Well you didn't and I don't wanna pm you no more cause one of your monkeys bit me and smeared that moldy cheese on it......IT STINGS......:shock:

The smell of the ocean puts me to sleep cause it reminds me of my homeland.....

And speakin of monkeys. I live near a bloody zoo and the smell that I associate with that is ELEPHANT DUNG.........BIG FAT ELEPHANT DUNG! *groan*

Lost_myth
Oct 25th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
[B] Well you didn't and I don't wanna pm you no more cause one of your monkeys bit me and smeared that moldy cheese on it......IT STINGS......:shock:

Don't be like that. The stinging will only last about two weeks and then you'll be like super dude (with lots of hair). I forgot to empty out my sent box so that's probably why it was full.

Sometimes the smell of highschool lunches remind me of middle school lunches and you know all the precious memories of Bobby eating 15 trays of something. He wasn't fat or anything, just very hungry. He left us to go to juvie and when we saw him for the last time we were all happy. (That is the girls were. The guys were like who does he think he is?)