PDA

View Full Version : Consoles powers

Ruby Moon
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Are the new consoles (PS2, GC and XBOX) really at 100% of their possibilities with the latest games that are coming out, or they're not even close to show us their powers and resources?
I was wondering, because if it's true that each company is possibly working on the next console to launch in few years, isn't it that the world of videogame is going to face some kind of regressive period in the future if all goes so fast and we don't even have to see the real possibilities of each console before another one is launched?

Daedaelus
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:19 AM
I think that the consoles are showing they're true powers. With the latest games coming out for each system, I think so. I mean, look at Metroid Prime for GameCube, or Blinx for X-Box, or Onimusha 2 for PS2. IMO, each one of these games are pretty powerful, graphically. As for each company coming up with a new system, well as far as I know, only Sony is coming outh the next system in a couple of years. PS3, I wonder how that is...

KraftSLU
Oct 19th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Blinx? Try Panzer Dragoon Orta, that shows the power a little better. And actually there really is no knowing what the best games will look like, it all depends on the tenacity of the game developers. Not one day while owning my SNES did I ever think they would make a game that looked nearly as good as DKC.

Daedaelus
Oct 19th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Blinx? Try Panzer Dragoon Orta, that shows the power a little better.

You're right. I just couldn't think of another example. :P

Frozen
Oct 20th, 2002, 11:32 PM
If they are showing their true power, it's just in a very few games, as Iguna said, maybe in Onimusha 2 (I thought it was an X Box game when I saw those graphics) but definitely they are not being ABSOLUTELY exploded and used their whole power at it's maximum, recalling what Kraftslu said, few imagined that a game like DKC was possible on the SNES, I am sure we will get some surprises on the near future.

And I really don't intend to buy anymore consoles (after I buy a GC) in at least the next 3 years.

Ninja
Oct 29th, 2002, 05:35 PM
word

Daedaelus
Oct 29th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by {X}
word

to what?