a inertnet net game call everquest she saying to her son
kill himselef because his farovorite character die in the game
he shot himself in the head he was 20 . i MEAN COME on people
i am sorry he dead but i wish people would stop complan the
video games are what make their kids shoot people or killling
them self please i am sorry but they need to know that when
playing video games that they are not real they are games
come on but people think game character are real then they
need help or should not play video game .even my little niece knows what real and pretend sorry about posting this but i getting tired of people who are complan about video games
well i have one question if the parnets when going to tell their
kids what real and pretend and they don't then don't buy the
video game and its not the people who make video games
fault i mean if don't know real and pretend then you need help
like say before i am sorry lady son is dead.but stop complan
about video game making people killing the over video game
sorry about the long post

Rohamgh
Oct 19th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by kittens&cats
hey guys I don't if you yet but when i watching et known
as entertainment tonight well a lady that was on it is blaming
a inertnet net game call everquest she saying to her son
kill himselef because his farovorite character die in the game
he shot himself in the head he was 20 . i MEAN COME on people
i am sorry he dead but i wish people would stop complan the
video games are what make their kids shoot people or killling
them self please i am sorry but they need to know that when
playing video games that they are not real they are games
come on but people think game character are real then they
need help or should not play video game .even my little niece knows what real and pretend sorry about posting this but i getting tired of people who are complan about video games
well i have one question if the parnets when going to tell their
kids what real and pretend and they don't then don't buy the
video game and its not the people who make video games
fault i mean if don't know real and pretend then you need help
like say before i am sorry lady son is dead.but stop complan
about video game making people killing the over video game
sorry about the long post

I agree.

Actually...I think people who kill themselves because of video games are extremely stupid, and by killing themselves they apply the darwinian principle of evolution....

kupoartist
Oct 19th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Rohamgh
Actually...I think people who kill themselves because of video games are extremely stupid, and by killing themselves they apply the darwinian principle of evolution....
:laugh:!
Anyways, I've heard a lot about these kind of things in the past... and this guy isn't alone. I think there have been at least 5 cases of people killing themselves over their games addictions, and in all cases, the persons involved were depressive obsessive types before they began playing. Still people are always quick to blame it on the games, and shift the blame elsewhere... as long as they are in the "West" - anyone hear about the korean guy who died in an interent cafe after collapsing during a 72hr or so Gaming spree? they sure as hell aint sueing no-one for his addiction.

Sadly, its just the way the "west" is now: if you can sue someone for leaving an upturned knife on the kitchen table when you were crawling on the skylight above it, trying to get in an steal stuff from their house, you must want as much money as you can get. Blaming games will never get anywhere: weirdos will always do weirdo things, no matter what messages augment their weirdness.

IcyMourdor
Oct 19th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Everquest, commonly known by people how play it by EverCrack. This game is very addictive. You have to be if you wish to get anywhere. BUT, after all, it is still just a game. There is a way to overcome your challenge. Stress builds up and people who have low will power snap and do idiotic things such as this.

Am I disgusted by this? Yes
Do I think VGs did this to him? No

Look how it is always the PARENTS who blame it on video games. That is because they need a scapegoat so the spotlight will shine somewhere else. He could have had a broken home, psychological instability, or whatever. Games are a Virtual reality at best. A fantasy world. Those who can't seperate these two worlds are doomed from the beginning.

Frozen
Oct 20th, 2002, 02:23 PM
I just think that someone that commits suicide for a reason like that, is sick on the head. (not talking about suicide in general)