PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd Chapter Confirmed

MakgSnake
Oct 19th, 2002, 01:25 AM
A month old news and everybody knew this was coming.

Speaking at a panel session for ZOE2, Hideo Kojima, who was among the panel, was asked:

"Is there going to be a sequel to MGS2?"

His answer..

".....Well, I think we will make one. Well, that is to say we're already making it"

http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/images/news/rp5_3.jpg

http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/images/news/kojima_tgs21_03.jpg

http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/images/news/rp5_1.jpg

It's not much but it's the earliest 'official' confirmation. So they have already started working on it. I just hope it doesn't show up next year, because that would be rushing it in my opinion.

Some Kojima's pictures.

The Kojima (http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/images/news/rp5_6.jpg)

My Fav (http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/images/news/rp5_4.jpg)

She is dressed as Raiden. (http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/images/news/rp5_2.jpg)

Raiden with Hideo, the game's parrot and Otacon, yes that person is dressed as Mr Hal (http://www.planetps2.com/metalgear/images/news/rp5_5.jpg)

MADRUCKIS
Oct 19th, 2002, 02:31 AM
Hmmmm
Good info MakG. How's it goin?

Didn't Hideo say that he wouldn't be that involved in the MGS process after Substance? At least thats what I heard

MakgSnake
Oct 19th, 2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Hmmmm
Good info MakG. How's it goin?

Didn't Hideo say that he wouldn't be that involved in the MGS process after Substance? At least thats what I heard

Hi there MAD, I am alive. What about you?

As for Kojima working on MGS3, yeah he did say that he wont be working on it, but he at the same time said "I still will stay as the planner for the next game".

So I am assuming that he wont direct it but just do the planning (Outline) of the game. As he is the Vice President of KCEJ, its his duty to do atleast that.

Or we never know. He just might end up directing again (not quite possible though)

Frozen
Oct 19th, 2002, 04:15 AM
Needless to say, this is freaking awsome news. Makes me happy to know that he will still supervise the work after all.

merylsilverburg
Oct 19th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Hi Makg. :happy:
Anyway, that's wonderful news! I'm happy to hear that he's gonna stay and, like Frozen-sama said, supervise otherwise things might get a little screwed up. :heh:

BTW, Kojima-san lost major weight!!! WTF? Like he wasn't stick-thin enough already. Gee...look what stress can do to a person. :(

MADRUCKIS
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:05 PM
^^:laugh: ^^

How ya doin , Meryl? Hows ur side of the world.

Same thing I was noticing, it's like the mans been on a strict ration diet for months right?

merylsilverburg
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:16 PM
Hello MAD! :happy: Things are okay and you?

Tell me about it. I thought he said he's gonna be more relaxed now that he gets to spend more time with his family since he's kinda off the MGS3 project.....I guess not, eh? :P

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:10 AM
Me?
Everythings nice and breezy over here, winters comin and I can't wait! (5 time snowball champ)

I guess ZOE2 and this project take a lot outta a guy, lol. When you think how Hideo thinks-somethings gotta give.

Say, a bit off topic but when is ZOE2 slated to be released?

And back sorta on topic- I know those two games he was behind. Did he do any other games cause I'm willing to give a whirl to compare em?

merylsilverburg
Oct 24th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Me?
Everythings nice and breezy over here, winters comin and I can't wait! (5 time snowball champ)

:laugh:

I guess ZOE2 and this project take a lot outta a guy, lol. When you think how Hideo thinks-somethings gotta give.

Ah, so true. :D

Say, a bit off topic but when is ZOE2 slated to be released?

Have no idea...not too interested in ZOE2 since I didn't play the first game and I'm not sure if it's really that good.

And back sorta on topic- I know those two games he was behind. Did he do any other games cause I'm willing to give a whirl to compare em?

Um.....didn't he say a long time ago that he was going to work on this father-son relationship-type game? :peoples: Unless that was scrapped or not-yet-released in Japan. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? ^^;;;

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:16 PM
hmmm
Never heard of that game........??????

And ZOE is alright. Me and my little bro duel out in the 2 player mode just for kicks. The story get you inot it but it ends VERY SHORTLY......worth the $50 I payed for it....NOPE.....worth the $20 as a classic-MAYBE!

MakgSnake
Oct 24th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Kojima will be working for a total new project for the GameBoyAdvance.

An original title by Hideo Kojima

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 10:57 PM
???????
?
(in my best Russian accent) "Huh? What was that noise!"

MakG...............where has the all seeing-all knowing-reincarnation of Pliskin himself been?
Great to hear from ya, buddy!
And Hideo's on GBA??? Hmmm........

Thanx for the info & hope everythings alright on your side of the world.......
and when the chips seem down, Makg....just remember

Substance is coming to PS2 sooner or later;)

merylsilverburg
Oct 25th, 2002, 01:04 AM
hmmm
Never heard of that game........??????

And ZOE is alright. Me and my little bro duel out in the 2 player mode just for kicks. The story get you inot it but it ends VERY SHORTLY......worth the $50 I payed for it....NOPE.....worth the $20 as a classic-MAYBE!

Okay, well if you've never heard of the game, then I guess it was scrapped soon after it was announced. :peoples:

Well, I did try out ZOE when it was first released.....for a few minutes, 'cause I mostly played the MGS2 demo. :D :D :D

MADRUCKIS
Oct 25th, 2002, 01:28 AM
Like we all did, Meryl, like we all did ;)

Yeah, I would love to try new Hideo games and compare em. He had a unique style-trying to give dramatics with cinamatography-and great playing gaming (match made in heaven!)
Funny thing is , I never played any of the prequals to MGS. Neither Metal Gear or Snakes Revenge (NES. Has anyone. Just hearing the background with the whole Gray Fox history and Big Boss-sounds like a damn good story.

If only I wouldn't hafta wedge something in my NES to make it work. I'd buy those suckers!

merylsilverburg
Oct 25th, 2002, 03:37 AM
Funny thing is , I never played any of the prequals to MGS. Neither Metal Gear or Snakes Revenge (NES. Has anyone. Just hearing the background with the whole Gray Fox history and Big Boss-sounds like a damn good story.

Neither have I. I don't own an NES (yes, I'm a loser) or any of the old systems, so it'd be impossible for me to do so.

BTW, I don't know if you wanna try "Snake's Revenge". I mean...unless you wanna see how much of a horrible game it is. :P :P

MADRUCKIS
Oct 26th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Yeah Meryl

I heard Snakes Revenge is not one of the series higlights-or thats what I hear and u just confirmed it.

Just read in my PS Mag that Hideo's still intalks for MGS3 and his GBA project is his number one priority at the moment....
Sheesh......it's a helluva wait!:ghost:

MakgSnake
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:51 AM

Just read in my PS Mag that Hideo's still intalks for MGS3 and his GBA project is his number one priority at the moment....
Sheesh
Not saying anything bad about GBA, but Kojima should work for games on NGC XBOX or PS2 systems, then on GBA.. Thats what I think.

mark0™
Nov 28th, 2002, 10:54 AM
But i guess Hideo takes to devolping the GBA version as a break, by working on an easier platform instead of toiling constantly on the major consoles..

dan da man
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:44 PM
mgs3 wow this is exciting news, even though substance is not out in the uk yet:laugh:

MakgSnake
Nov 28th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by mark0

But i guess Hideo takes to devolping the GBA version as a break, by working on an easier platform instead of toiling constantly on the major consoles..
Maybe you are right.......still, I wouldn't be that excited about a title on GBA. Oh well........we should all give him a break too I guess. :laugh:

dan da man
Nov 28th, 2002, 01:14 PM
yea mgs on the gba is no way as good on the big consoles it just aint the same if u know what i mean
it should be the big consoles than the gba no offence gba owners!

dan da man
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:35 AM
when i was watch game network and there was a news confrence hideo kojima gave a talk about the next mgs and he said mgs2 was the final in the series becuase he simple cant make it any better than mgs2 well u have to agree with him,

but i suppose hes making it mgs3 good on him!

MakgSnake
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:00 PM
I think Metal Gear series would never end, if Kojima would stop making the seiries (Which he has).......someone else would go on with making the series. It'll be like that, well atleast it SHOULD be like that.

Just because Kojima is tired with Metal Gear doesn't mean we fans are too. :laugh:

But I still have find out who is directing this 3rd chapter, and if it turns out to be Kojima, I will never trust him ever again.

dan da man
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:59 PM
u mean he has stop making them i thought he was staying to make mgs3! wtf!