PDA

View Full Version : Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin: could you explain? *possible spoilers*

Hylas
Oct 18th, 2002, 10:35 AM
I haven't played all Tekken games, so I'd be truly thankful if someone could explain the story of this family to me.
I think I've missed some important part of Tekken saga, because I don't get why Jin has all this hatred for his father and the Kazuya's transformation into demonic form aspect. Also, I don't fully understand Heihachi's true role in the whole question. :right:

Infernal Mass
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:02 AM
I'm a little confused on the plot myself. I know little bits and pieces so i'll try and explain it the best i can.. :)

.. from what i know Heihachi Mishima, was the one who held the original King of Iron Fist tournament(tekken 1). The winner would be awarded the Mishima Zaibatsu corporation as the prize.

At the end of the first tournament Heihachi was defeted by Kazuya. Then Heihachi came back and defeated Kazuya in the second tournament, allowing Heihachi to regain control of the Mishima Corporation once again. Heihachi, also discovered the devil gene hidden in Kazuya during the second tournament. He tried to gain control over it but failed.

So then after Jun Kazama(jins' mother) disappeared during the battle with Ogre.. Jin went to Heihachi (his only relative). Heihachi then heard about ogre and tried to lure Ogre out using Jin. He also figured that Jin's devil gene would be awakened if he were to encounter Ogre in battle. Heihachi, was basically tring to capture either of the two or both, but failed yet again. (as shown at the end of tekken 3).

I think Jin's hatred for the Mishimas has to the with the fact of being caught in between the rivalry of both Kazuya and Heihachi. This is why he learns a new fighting style, rather than using the style that his father and grandfather have mastered.

Hylas
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Hmmm... so Kazuya is born with that gene? If the gene is peculiar of the family (both Kazuya and Jin have it) why Heihachi is not affected? Or is he affected too? :confused:

Sorry for the dumb questions :right:

Infernal Mass
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:10 AM
that's the confusing part for me as well..

Kazuya must've been the first to have the devil gene. Since Heihachi doesn't have it..and Jin( Kazuya's son) does. So i'm guesssing Kazuya was where the gene started..it's a bit confusing ..

Hylas
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Maybe this part is not explained at all in the past games, so it's not that clear for the creators of the game as well :laugh:

BTW, thanks for the info, now I have some detail a bit clearer, especially about the first two games !

Infernal Mass
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:26 AM
:laugh: yeah i bet the creators probably surprised themselves on the complexity of the whole tekken storyline.

:) no problem on the infos, it's good to see more tekken fans here.

Also i was just considering the possibility .. that Jun Kazama (Jins mother) may have a role in the whole Devil gene/Mishima Rivalry. (She's a part of the equation as well) She may not have a big role as the Mishimas and Jin. Although, i think she may have had something to with the devil gene awakening. I'm not to sure though but maybe someone else can elaborate on that possibiity some more.

Hylas
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Just a last question: do you think Jun will come back if there will be a fifth game of the series? This could explain some of the things you mentioned aboive, and since older characters often come back to make an appearance in videogames, well, this would be useful for the plot :P

Infernal Mass
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:41 AM
I'm thinking she will.. this new tekken seems like a rebirth of sorts for the tekken franchise. That's why i think they brought in the new fighting system with walls and interactive enviorments. It seems they're trying to move forward from the previous three tekkens. With that said Jin is most likely going to return to represent the past/future. If he didn't it be as if the previous games never exisited.(as far as plot/story)

This is just speculation but i hope Jun kazama returns. She is my favorite fighter next Lei Wu. I'm positive she was the "unknown" character in Tekken tag Tournament.. which means she survived her battle against Ogre.

merylsilverburg
Oct 18th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Digi basically explained it pretty well, but just in case, I decided to put in the story lines and all that I got from a chart in an OPM magazine.

OPM: Issue 60, September 2002
Tekken
The worldwide martial arts tournament funded by the Mishima Zaibatsu corportation is nearing an end. Only eight fighters remain. The remaining fighter will take on Heihachi Mishima for a chance to win a large cash prize and be crowned The King of Iron Fist.
Kazuya earns the right to face his father, Heihachi, at the end of the tournament. The final battle takes place at the same spot where Heihachi had once taken down Kazuya at the age of five. This time, Kazuya emerges victorious, bearing a scar across his chest from his father. Kazuya then tosses Heihachi's body off the edge of a cliff. Once done, Kazuya gains control of the Mishima Zaibatsu and takes the corporation to new heights.

Tekken 2
Two years after the conclusion of the first Tekken, someone within Mishima Zaibatsu mysteriously notifies news agencies around the world about a new tournament with a prize worth over a thousand times more than the first tourney. So begins Tekken 2.
Jun Kazama learns that the source of Kazuya Mishima's power is his Devil Gene- yet she's still drawn to him. Similar to the first tourney, the second Tekken ends with a final match between Kazuya and the mysterious organizer of the tournament, Heihachi Mishima, who everyone thought was dead. This time, though, Heihachi wins. Unaware of the Devil Gene within Kazuya, Heihachi casts his body into a volcano and regains control of the Mishima Zaibatsu. With Kazuya gone, Jun hides and raises their son, Jin, on her own.

Tekken 3
Fifteen years later, martial artists around the world are disappearing without a trace. Sensing that an evil darkness is upon her, Jun tells Jin, now a teenager, everything about his family's haunted past. She also tells him to seek out his grandfather, Heihachi, if anything should happen to her.
One night, Jun's premonitions come true when she's attacked by Toshin. Jin tries to protect her but is knocked out during the fight. When he awakens, Jun and Toshin are gone. Knowing his mother has been slain by Toshin, Jin goes to Heihachi so he can be trained and get his revenge.
To draw Toshin out, Heihachi sets up a third tournament. Four years after Jun was killed, Jin, now 19, defeats Toshin, but Heihachi betrays Jin by mortally wounding him. With his life fading, Jin transforms into a Devil and strikes down Heihachi before disappearing.

Tekken 4
Having failed to capture Toshin for genetic experimentation, Heihachi orders his scientists to gather tissue and genetic samples in hopes that he can splice Toshin's genetic code with his own. Heihachi soon discovers that he needs the Devil Gene to carry out his experiment. Since he lacks this gene, he seeks out the one person who has it- Jin Kazama- but comes up empty-handed.
Heihachi soon learns that rival company G Corporation has unearthed Kazuya's body. Knowing that Kazuya also had the Devil Gene, he seeks to steal the body. His task force makes a hit on the company, but they're taken down by a lone figure that Heihachi learns is Kazuya. Kazuya had been resurrected by G Corporation, which is helping him understand and control his Devil side.
In order to capture Kazuya, the Mishima Zaibatsu announces a fourth tournament, only two years after Tekken 3. The challenger who defeats Heihachi would win control of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Knowing that this was a trap, Kazuya enters, still thinking that this is his best chance to defeat Heihachi once and for all. And so, the fourth tournament begins.

There's also a character relations chart in this issue, but I don't know if anyone wants to read about that. I hope this helped.

Infernal Mass
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:00 PM
thanks for typing that up and posting it Meryl. :) It cleared up some of the questions i had about Jun Kazama.

The tekken storyline has always been one of the best in the fighting genre. IMO.

merylsilverburg
Oct 18th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Hey, no prob. :) Yeah, I'm also glad I have this issue because I only played a little of Tekken 2 but since it was slow, I didn't like it that much and I only played a little of Tekken 3. So I also don't know anything about the story at all. The only one I played the most was TTT, but that wasn't a part of the series. I just hope Tekken 4 plays well. :P

Frozen
Oct 19th, 2002, 03:40 AM
Tekken 4 plays awsome, trust me ;) (although I have never played TTT and would not know how to compare the 2 )

thanks for that valuable info ^_^ I knew and had clear the stuff from Tekkn 3 and 4 but had not very clear the matter with Jun and how she had died :(

Ruby Moon
Oct 19th, 2002, 08:02 AM
If it's true that Heihachi is not affected by the devil gene, why at the end of Tekken 4 both Kazuya and his father have the same interest in defeating Jin to enter in possession of "his powers"? I can see this happening for Kazuya who's already in possession of the gene and wants to gain strenght, but why Heihachi too?

Andi
Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:56 AM
How do you unlock the Dojo?

Infernal Mass
Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:46 AM
It's unlocked once you beat Tekken Force Mode

Andi
Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:41 AM
I beat Tekken force mode the other Night with , Forrest Law & i can not find the Dojo Anywere! :mad: Super F*ked off

Frozen
Oct 25th, 2002, 02:16 PM
I also beated Tekken Force Mode with Julia, but no Dojo. Maybe you have to beat Tekken Force Mode WITHOUT using any continue? (seems sort of impossible to me, specially with Julia XD )

Andi
Oct 26th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Is there any one here @ all ? Whop knows how to open the Dojo ? PLZZZ:roll:

Infernal Mass
Oct 27th, 2002, 05:02 AM
try beating it without using any continues

Andi
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:23 AM
I have done that
I beat it with Forrest Law:shock:
But i have not got it !
When you unlock it were does it appear?

Infernal Mass
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Moon
If it's true that Heihachi is not affected by the devil gene, why at the end of Tekken 4 both Kazuya and his father have the same interest in defeating Jin to enter in possession of "his powers"? I can see this happening for Kazuya who's already in possession of the gene and wants to gain strenght, but why Heihachi too?

Heihachis' desire is to intergrate Ogres' genes with his own. To do this he needs the Devil gene.

LaiN
Nov 19th, 2002, 03:58 AM
**TEKKEN MANGA MOVIE SPOILER******

SPOILER

In the Manga movie Tekken you see the little boy (Thought it was Jin) been trown of a cliff by his father Heihachi, guess that that incident made him angry. If you watch the movie, you might have a idea of why he hates his father.

LaiN

Frozen
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:15 AM
This, folks, is the cutest spoiler warning I have ever seen :D
Now that you mention the anime movie, does it really co-relate with the game's storyline, or just something based upon it?

But LaiN, that is not exactly the reason for Jin to hate both his father and grandfather. If you play any of the Tekken games, you would understand, but I know that in Tekken 4 they explain this matter well enough. Nevertheless, you could go to Namcoarcade.com and check out all fo the characters' profiles.

LaiN
Nov 19th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Cutes Spoiler ever, I'm flatterd :laugh:

Well, I haven't really followd the story line (Didn't really KNEW there WAS a story line :roll: untill I read this post) I asumed the movie is related to the games and I thought that the trowing of was a part of the hatered.

LaiN

MakgSnake
Nov 19th, 2002, 05:32 PM
The kid thrown away from the cliff in the Anime movie, wasn't Jin, it was Kazayu. Jin's father.

-Spoiler-

Jin enters the anime at the very end of the movie. 2 seconds before the credits.

And yes in the movie, Kazayu is mad and hates his dad (Heiachi), because his dad threw him from the cliff and while he was gonig to do that, Kazayu pleaded him not to do that, as he was too young. :(

Infernal Mass
Nov 19th, 2002, 07:26 PM
that movie was tres' lame.. :laugh:

Those big invisible dinosaurs running around ruined it. :disturb:

MakgSnake
Nov 19th, 2002, 11:35 PM
I believe those were some crazy experiments......through which 2-3 characters came into the Tekken games. I dunno.......

The anime wasn't really that great.... I love the scene where Nina does firing at Kazuya, at his place. That scene was wicked though, love it!!

Frozen
Nov 20th, 2002, 12:23 AM
I've heard way too many horrible things about that anime that has prevented me from watching it. But all I can say, is that the game's storyline is substantial itself, and needs no reference on the anime.

psychopriss5
Dec 12th, 2002, 06:33 AM
I got the tekken 4 game secondhand and don't have the manual, so I need to know what are the stars in the move lists for? They are usually used for moves done while doing something else (crouching, rising, etc). I would appreciate any help.

Infernal Mass
Dec 12th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Nina has alot of those..king has a few too.

the star= small pause between button dialing