PDA

View Full Version : Your Gaming Setup

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 16th, 2002, 02:32 PM
What does your gaming setup look like. Where do you play your games, where do you put your system, how is it organized etc etc?

In my room I've taken a 3 foot stereo case/shelf and set a 13 inch tv on top of it. On the first shelf of it I keep my DC. On the second shelf down I keep my PS2, on the third shelf down I keep my Xbox (kind of pyramid shape if you look at it) and on the very bottom I keep the base speaker for my surround sound system with my 4 speakers to it on top of and around my tv. When I get my Cube this xmas I'll more than likely place it next to my DC.

How do yours look, also if you have a digital camera take a pic of your setup...who knows how this thread'll turn out but I thought that it may be a cool idea?

Daedaelus
Oct 16th, 2002, 03:31 PM
My NGC and PS2 are set up on a 21'' Sony Vega, on a semi-large black case. The Cube is on top (of course ;)) and the PS2 is right under it. Nothing fancy like a stereo system and stuff, cause I can't... umm... afford it during college :heh:

IcyMourdor
Oct 16th, 2002, 03:40 PM
My TV sits on top of a large dresser. I use the head of my bed as a chair. Next to the TV is my stereo, but that doesn't matter. Over to the right, on a shelf, sits my PS2 w/games and PSX w/games. All my DVDs sit on a shelf below that. Not pretty, but I like it.

jjmoohead
Oct 16th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Well normally I have my PS2 in my room with my stereo and my 27 INCH flat screen television, but since I went online with the PS2 I had to bring it up stairs and use it on my less impressive 27 inch normal tv so I could use my internet conection from my computer. Until I get a longer cable or a router, it will stay ugly for a while with cords all across the room.

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 16th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Flat screen?! That's awesome, those things are expensive. I wanted a TV in my room so I just bought a cheap 13 incher, nothin special. And plus I'm only 16 so I'm usually broke, but I don't sit too far from it so it serves its purpose.

Uchiha Sasuke
Oct 16th, 2002, 04:02 PM
I got an entertainment center.My 27 inch sits on top.On the next shelf down my xbox and ps2 sit side by side.In the lowest shelf my GC,genesis and NES sit.I have a surround sound Unit right next to my entertainment center then i have 5 speakers around my room.Next a have my game and dvd shelf across from my tv.2 shelfs of games and 2 shelfs of dvd's

merylsilverburg
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:55 PM
I basically have an entertainment center, consisting of 2 shelves, 4 split sections. On the top to the left, sits my DVD player, next to that is the TV, then next to the TV sits my: PS2, Japanese PS2, DC, Xbox in a row. Then the shelf below to the right, I have my Japanese DC and the games I play most. The shelf below that, I have all the games that I don't play as much. The shelf to the left contains some anime DVDs and some regular DVDs, the shelf below just has the controllers.

Redpyramidhead
Oct 17th, 2002, 12:20 AM
Wow...all these fancy entertainment centers. My tv is a decent 21-27 incher though with built in dual speakers so i can atleast get standard stereo sound for now...not realtime surround sound or anything, but it works for now and some day i hope to have the money to invest in one of those insane surround sound home theater systems that you guys have. The problem is money is tight and when I do get extra money for videogame related stuff...well...I spend it on actual videogames. I hear SH2 is somethin else with all that surround sound with the S-Force thing and all. Maybe if I'm extremely lucky I'll have an improved sound system for it by the time SH3 comes out.

_RED_ stuff

jjmoohead
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
Flat screen?! That's awesome, those things are expensive. I wanted a TV in my room so I just bought a cheap 13 incher, nothin special. And plus I'm only 16 so I'm usually broke, but I don't sit too far from it so it serves its purpose.

ya it was a nice piece of change but well worth it. I should have gotten bigger but that will wait for next year i guess.

Ninja
Oct 17th, 2002, 06:35 PM
i have my consoles in a shelf, my PS2 on top, in the middle is my PSX (with all my stragety guides around it, not covering all around though), on the bottom part I keep my N64 and my SNES.
my TV is on the top of a lil' dresser with some drawers, on the drawers I keep my games controlers & stuff. I have those nice little green speakers that look like the XBOX but fit on the PS2. My TV is around 27 inches. I keep all of this on my room. my room covered with game posters & stuff. I also have an aquarium (10 gallon) cuz I love fish.I stare at them while my games r loading. hehehe

Frozen
Oct 17th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Well, mine is quite an ugly mess XD

First of all, I still haven't got a TV on my room, so I have to play in the living room.

The PS 2 is set on top of a 27 inch TV which has a wooden case, so it serves as a stand. My PS2 DVD's are next to the PS2, on top of the TV.

Then, in the floor, next to the TV, I have the boxes of my Dreamcast And X Box XD on top of each box, each console. IT's a whole mess with the controllers and stuff, so I just have one controller plugged into each console.

Just imagine that and you'll see the mess :laugh:

My planned gaming set up:

At least a 27 inch TV of my own, in my room, of course. Next to it the consoles, in a stand of some sort. I also want one of those Sony stereo systems that hold up to 60 CD's and have the audio video connection too for games (I know many stereos nowadays have that feature, I just want the 60 cd thing anyways :D

And probably a GameCube will join later on as well.

AudioBoxer
Oct 19th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Ya I have everything downstairs, I would but it upstairs but I like it on the big TV! I have a 57" TV, that has a cuby under it so I Have all the consoles under it, but i only have 1 hook up soo that goes for the PS2! I really want to go down to best buy and purchase some surround sound, for Halo 2 and all the other games! I might move everything but the TV upstairs to a 27" TV, the big screen is kinda too big to play games on it.

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 19th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Trik...the screen is never too big...

One time at my Mom's old boyfriends househe had a huge big screen and I was playing Skies of Arcadia on it...it was so awesome! Especially while travelling on the world map cause it gives you a better feeling that your actually there...

I really need to ditch my 13 incher:disturb:

AudioBoxer
Oct 19th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Ya true but I like to see everything in all one eye sight, I dont want to have to look around for somthing like around the big screen, You get what am saying? I like to look straight and see everything withought turning my head!

Rohamgh
Oct 19th, 2002, 01:05 PM
llolll ya stupid **** ya might get what you wish for ;)

I used to have a PROJECTOR SCREEN a fkin PROJECTOR SCREEN man thats a HDTV quality image 2 METERS WIDE!!!!!!! and a surround sound setup of course (of course). but then we moved to paris and i had to ditch all that shit...but we're buyin new ones....WAHHH till then i am condemned to a measly (;)) 27inch TV...but its one of those Bang and Olufsens so it looks pretty good.

I simply have my PS2 on top of the TV, and my xbox next to it. Xbox is better tho ;)

Frozen
Oct 20th, 2002, 02:50 AM
Aren't projector screens supposed to get screwed up by consoles? Just wondering.

Rohamgh
Oct 20th, 2002, 06:16 AM
i dunt think so...what do you mean? mine worked perfectly with my ps2 and my xbox and my n64 (i never tried my snes...)

better w/the xbox coz it's got hdtv capability + better resolution.

AudioBoxer
Oct 20th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Ya mine still works perfect! The TV is kinda new though

Infernal Mass
Oct 20th, 2002, 09:54 AM
I got an entertainment center, a vcr sits above a 27 inch sony trinitron. to the direct left of the tv, i have a nice little shelf system. above it sits the xbox and above that sits the ps2. Underneath the tv and shelf system are two cabinets. I have all my controllers and software in there. I recently added two surround sound speakers and a sub woofer to the mix.

Out in the main room sits a 63 inch i use whenever i have company over. The sound in the main room isn't as good as the sound in my room though.

RobHardo
Oct 20th, 2002, 11:27 AM
well, my ps2 sits to the right of the 32 inch JVC tv, and the DC is set up on my projector in my room so i get to play on my whole wall and the N64 sits on top of my 13 inch in my room

-=[ÐýstøþíÅ]=-
Oct 20th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Well, my ps2 is just in my living room. It has the basic two Dual Shock controllers, 8MB Memory Card and that's it, lol. But for christmas I'm gonna buy a GameShark for ps2, 32M Memory Expander for PS2, Playstation 2 Power Switch 2 (an on/off switch for the front of the ps2) and the external ModCube / Neo Key PS2 USB Modchip! Gonna be sweet duuude! :peoples:

Darkness 4 Hire
Oct 20th, 2002, 11:20 PM
You know my setup s4h, you practically live at my house when your not with ur dad!!! :laugh: But anywho my setup is computer chair..with the compy and ps2 in a L formation and i got surround sound!!!

Frozen
Oct 20th, 2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Rohamgh
i dunt think so...what do you mean? mine worked perfectly with my ps2 and my xbox and my n64 (i never tried my snes...)

better w/the xbox coz it's got hdtv capability + better resolution.

I mentioned that since in many ofmy consoles (if not in all of them) it's specified in the instruction manuals that they should not be used on projector screens as not to cause them to malfunction (the screens), but I guess they just screw some sort of projector screens, and others not, lkie yours, I guess.

Rohamgh
Oct 21st, 2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

I mentioned that since in many ofmy consoles (if not in all of them) it's specified in the instruction manuals that they should not be used on projector screens as not to cause them to malfunction (the screens), but I guess they just screw some sort of projector screens, and others not, lkie yours, I guess.

...shit...lucky me then that my projector screen didn't mess up...i never read instruction manuals...thanks for the bit o' info tho! ;)

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 21st, 2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Darkness 4 Hire
You know my setup s4h, you practically live at my house when your not with ur dad!!! :laugh:

:laugh: Damn straight

xsfer
Nov 19th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Hi, I have the following equipment setup:

Cineza VPL- HSI Projector
PS2
Two G-com Light Guns
P J Mulit box that allows video, DVD and playstation to connect to Projector
Denon Amp that all video and audio connections plug into (the nerve centre).

I have a big problem though. I can't get the guns to work on any of the games using the projector. Sony tell me that the guns require pixels off the tv to work???

Is there anyway of getting around this, surely???

Frozen
Nov 19th, 2002, 02:39 AM
Hey xsfer, sounds pretty badass what you got there. As for your question, I suggest you post it again in the Help and FAQ forum, since over there it is more likely to be answered, given the fact that this very thread is old already. (And I got no freaking idea what could you do about that issue XD )