PDA

View Full Version : Network Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viper16
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Can anyone tell me if it's possible for me to use my Linksys fast Ethernet card in conjustion with my USB DSL modem to share my internet connection with my Playstation 2 Network Adapter? (I have this topic psoted in several ereas [I'm desperate] Please help me)

Sedona
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Yes it is very possible. I did the same thing using the computers internet connection sharing (ICS) program. Now I can use the NA and my computer on line at the same time. What you have to do is connect your NA to the ethernet card on your computer with crossover cable. Then you need to install the ICS program on your computer. It should already be there, but you just have to set it up. If you do a search on line for internet connection sharing you should find all the instructions you need. After that is up and running, log onto your ISP on your computer and then go and set up the NA again. This time though, when it asks you if you enter a passwork/username, say no. If you did everything correctly, you should be up and running.

Hope this helps out.

Viper16
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Thanks but what does a cross over cable look like I have an ethernet cable but i don't know what a Cross over cable specifically looks like. if you could please give me a link to where I can see a picture of one I would be very greatfull.

Sedona
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:55 PM
A crossover cable looks exactly like an ethernet cable. you have two options. You can go to a computer store and have them make you a crossover cable, or you can buy a switch connector which will turn your regular cat 5 (ethernet) cable into the crossover. Any computer store should understand what you are trying to do and easily help you out. Radio shack probably sells the switch connector as well.

Viper16
Oct 14th, 2002, 06:30 PM
How much? does radio Shack Probably charge

Sedona
Oct 14th, 2002, 06:57 PM
To be honest, I have no idea. I bought 100 ft of crossover cable from a computer store for about twenty bucks. I would guess that a switch converter might run five or six bucks.

jbaseley
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:36 AM
I didn't even know there was a network adaptor when is it coming out in Australia?

Viper16
Oct 18th, 2002, 04:56 PM
I don't really know the answer to that. Lets just hope it does.