PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

jjmoohead
Oct 14th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Hey hope the meals are good and the drinks are better,

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Counterparts, and yes I know the America one is not for a while yet, but we canadians do things better.....errr different then you. hehehe kidding

Anyway have a great day Canada

Infernal Mass
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:41 PM
do you guys eat turkey?

MADRUCKIS
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:52 PM
*scratches head*
Good question DigiMortal

Do you eat turkey?
And whats behind your Thanksgiving? We celebrate the arrival of the pilgrams at Plymoth Rock (spelled incorrectly). Did they make a pit stop up there too:peoples:

jjmoohead
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Yes we eat turkey, as well as ham.

Lets see if I can do a history lesson here

Our Thanksgiving is always on the second monday of October, meaning its a different calander day each year in most cases. The idea of our thanksgiving is not based on pilgrams but the idea of giving thanks to God or "a god" for giving us the chance to harvest our crops. Since our harvest time is much earlier then most of America our thanksgiving comes earlier. It is celebrated by a national holiday not a religous one. So everyone gets the day off.

So to put it best "Thanksgiving is a general day of thanks and giving to the almighty god for the bountiful harvest with which canada has been blessed.

I hope that helps!

Infernal Mass
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:07 PM
so then it's basically the samething.

How about pumpkin pie?

jjmoohead
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:19 PM
oh man whats thanksgiving without the pumpkin pie. I am eating a piece right now, gotta love leftovers

Infernal Mass
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:27 PM
absolutely, pumpkin pie is a staple of the thanksgiving day festivities.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:30 PM
*groan*
has to wait another month for his piece.

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Have a good one!

Lost_myth
Oct 14th, 2002, 06:22 PM
:drool: pumpkin pie... yummmmmmmmmm *evil glare*

That's cool. Happy Thanksgiving!