PDA

View Full Version : Piercings

Rei
Oct 13th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Do you have any piercings? Where? If not, or if you want a new one, where would you like to get a piercing?
I only have my ears pierced: three piercings on the left ear and 1 on the right :(

AudioBoxer
Oct 13th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Ya I have my ear done 2 times on the top and the reg spot!

Pu the Owl
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Five piercings on the left ear, one on the right and one on the nose. Nothing special :P

Beretta55
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:12 PM
i dont have any!! im free!! free i tell you!! plus i dont feel like pierceing my ear's just no need for it IMO.

Pu the Owl
Oct 13th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Goodman and beretta, you are lucky after all, because you can pass thru metal detectors without any troubles :laugh:

Esjay
Oct 13th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Nope, I don't have any piercings. I don't think I have the balls to willingly have a small metal object pierced through my ear-lobe XD

Frozen
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:38 AM
I does not like piercings. Piercings are evil. Cuz they pierce you, bah ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Just as goodman and baretta. I don't find any use on putting things that do not belong to your body, hurting it. I don't mind ppl who has them (unless they do it in excess) but I don't think I'll ever get one for myself. The farthest I'd go would be a tatoo.

Pu the Owl
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Are you all so terribly scared by little piercings? :shock:
I don't think anyway there's much difference in getting a piercing and getting a tattoo. Your skin will be "ruined" both ways, no?

Spank-A-Thon
Oct 14th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Fortune
Are you all so terribly scared by little piercings? :shock:
I don't think anyway there's much difference in getting a piercing and getting a tattoo. Your skin will be "ruined" both ways, no? Fortune, I can't agree with that. I used to go out with a girl who had her tongue, nose, ears and nipples pierced, plus she had tattoos on both arms..

Fast forward to now, most of the piercings are gone, and in most cases only tiny scars as big as a pin prick are visible if you look close enough.. however, there's no hiding the tats...

Whilst she has no regrest about the piercings, she totally regrets that tats and is stuck with them for life...

Piercings in most cases are temporary, and leave (in most cases) insignifcant scars - tattoos are for life...

However, piercings can look quite nice as can tasteful tattoos in the right places so don't think I'm anti-tats/piercings or anything!

- S

Pu the Owl
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Fortune, I can't agree with that. I used to go out with a girl who had her tongue, nose, ears and nipples pierced, plus she had tattoos on both arms..

Fast forward to now, most of the piercings are gone, and in most cases only tiny scars as big as a pin prick are visible if you look close enough.. however, there's no hiding the tats...

Whilst she has no regrest about the piercings, she totally regrets that tats and is stuck with them for life...

Piercings in most cases are temporary, and leave (in most cases) insignifcant scars - tattoos are for life...

However, piercings can look quite nice as can tasteful tattoos in the right places so don't think I'm anti-tats/piercings or anything!

- S

Yes, I know tattoos are different from piercings. I was only saying that is odd hearing people say they wouldn't mind a tatto, but they don't like the idea of having their skin pierced, and this is exactly for the reasons you mentioned: piercings can easily go away in most cases, while to delete a tattoo you need surgery.

Frozen
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Piercings on nipples, ewww.

First of all, what I'd said was that the furthest I'd go would be a tatoo, not that I actually want a tatoo. But you see, if I ever use a tatoo, is because it will have a very important meaning... maybe if I marry someone, it will have her name or something like that. If I am to get a tatoo, it's because I will want to have it for the rest of my life, with no intention of getting it off. BUT, I don't have any intentios AT ALL of getting a tatoo either.

Besides, piercings are "weak points". Specially the rings. For obvious reasons. And well, as I said, I see that they do more harm than good for you, but well, everyone on their own, if you feeel just awsome to have some metallic thing attached to your body, then do it and enjoy it, I just don't find anything constructive on them, nothing useful, just some piece of metal that's pierced to your skin.

Spank-A-Thon
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Fortune
Yes, I know tattoos are different from piercings. I was only saying that is odd hearing people say they wouldn't mind a tatto, but they don't like the idea of having their skin pierced, and this is exactly for the reasons you mentioned: piercings can easily go away in most cases, while to delete a tattoo you need surgery. Ahhh, gotcha! I smell what you're cooking now! And yeah, that suprises me too that people would choose a tattoo over a piercing... but hey, different strokes for different folks huh!

- S

Sword 4 Hire
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Eh in 3rd grade I was bet 5 bucks to get my ear pierced, but shortly after I took it out

Lost_myth
Oct 14th, 2002, 06:19 PM
I have both ears pierced. I want them both pierced again for a second hole but I think that's about it.

Barbed wire around ankles look cool. As for right now that's a high no. I really don't want it. Ouch!

Black Heart
Oct 14th, 2002, 06:24 PM
I have two piercings on my right eyebrow and two on my left ear. I wouldn't mind a tattoo either. But I wouldn't like one with the name of a person, even a loved one, as Frozen suggested. I don't like that kind of things. They're just so kitsch! :P

AudioBoxer
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Other than my earings I also have 2 tattoo's. I have one on my right shoulderblade and it is of a angel holding my parents names in her hand! The other one is on my Forearm ( however you spell it) and it is of a God on a cross! I am thinking of getting another one but I dont know what, so do you have any ideas?

Harry
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Three on my right ear.

Daedaelus
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:57 PM
One on the left year, thats it :P

Jolie
Oct 16th, 2002, 10:18 AM
I don't have piercings, neither on my ears, but I have a tiny tattoo on my left hand: it's a butterfly.
I'll probalby get my ears pierced in the future, but I'm not that interested in getting many of them. Not because they hurt, but because I'm not that fond of metal objects. Earrings are cute stuff tough, at least some of them.

Vic Viper
Oct 16th, 2002, 10:51 AM
nope, i dont have one. i dont believe in body mutilation.:roll: j/k