PDA

View Full Version : My insane obsession...

Pu the Owl
Oct 10th, 2002, 02:51 PM
It's been a long time since my last thread here :P

Ok, here's a new one! I'm planning to add colors to it, so I'll post the colored version of this pic later.
For now, just enjoy the B/W version!

Legato-sama (http://digilander.libero.it/zoein/bwlegato-sama.jpg)

kupoartist
Oct 10th, 2002, 03:57 PM
the detail here, pre-colouring is groovy ^_^ can't wait to see what your coloured insanity looks like :laugh:

Pu the Owl
Oct 10th, 2002, 08:11 PM
I shall post the colored pic, when it's done! Actually, it could take me more than I expected, for the only reason I'm using a tablet for the first time and I'm not used to it :P

Daedaelus
Oct 10th, 2002, 09:12 PM
It's a really good piece of work Fortune. Very detailed. Keep up the good work!

Pu the Owl
Oct 10th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Well thanks.... being honest, the more I'm working on it, the less I like it. I'm starting to think there's something really wrong with this pic, and this kinda bothers me, 'cause in the original (not scanned) I can't see anything wrong >__<

Ruby Moon
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:09 AM
It would be cool, to see the colored version...
Remember to post it when it's ready!

Hylas
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:26 PM
It's very detailed! Post the colored one ASAP!

Gadzoox
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Ooooh! Colour would look awesome!

You attention to detail is awesome, and hooray for perspective! :D

I think I see what's wrong...
His shoulder (the one we can see) is a little too big. If you measure the length of his head from top to bottom and then measure from the middle of his chest to the end of his shoulder, it should stop where that first fold is.
Also, The sphere confuses me, is it behind his hand or behind his shoulder? It sort of starts off behind his hand then manages to finish behind his shoulder...

I can do a red-line for you if that would help you!

I hope you understand what I mean and aren't taking it the wrong way!
Critiques help artists learn from their mistakes, and I know from experience that some people can pick out the mistake easily, when you know there's something wrong but can't quite say what it is. I personally love getting critiques because then I can keep the pointers in mind for my next piece of art!
Sorry if You didn't want a crit, but I thought you might appreciate it as much as I would!

I'd love to see it coloured! :happy:

Pu the Owl
Oct 11th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Gadzoox, thanks for the analysis and for the suggestions, but you know, regarding the shoulder, it's not completely my fault. It's not the shoulder, but the coat of this character that is really odd and HUGE. I don't even thing I understand how the creator of this character draw him without the coat.
BTW, the shoulder is bigger than it should be for this reason. You may thing it as an armor, instead of a simple coat, and you'll probably get my point. Also, the sphere is part of the coat, so this means it's behind the hand but not behind the back :laugh: I tell you, this guy is really weird! It was really complicated to draw the coat as it is and understand how to do it, actually!I suppose the color will help you understand better.

I must thank you anyway Gadzoox hehehe because your comment was kinda interesting :D

Black Heart
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Oh, I see now: I was asking if the guy was the villain from Trigun series, and now I see he really was :phew:

Good work on the details!

Darkness 4 Hire
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Very cool mna...keep practicing your gonna be great!

Soul Angel
Oct 15th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Its really good Fortune and nicely detailed, I like it.
Keep it up!

Gadzoox
Oct 17th, 2002, 05:03 PM
OOOHHHHHH!!! I get it now!! I wasn't sure if that was it about the shoulder or not, and the circle thing threw me off completely! Ah, I see now! Thanks for explaining it so kindly and not getting mad at me! :phew:

Hadoken
Oct 29th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Nice!! :thumbs up:
legato is kick ass! lol
too bad he got shot. he was such a good bad guy!.. erm.. you know what i mean!