PDA

View Full Version : Iiiit's Skinny Dog!

Gadzoox
Oct 8th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Yaaay for Skinny Dog!

Can't stop drawing him today... I have a bigger piccy of him done in 'black-chunck-o-crayon' but its too big to scan! Too bad! Guess you'll hafta buy me a flat-bed scanner then huh?! ;)

Anyhow, here's your friend and mine, Skinny Dog!

This first one is inspired by 'Queens of the Stone age' (Mmm Dave Grohl! :love:) the song is called 'No One Knows' and i listenededed to it on repeat alllll day long!
It says "We get these pills to swallow, how they stick in your throat. Taste like dope."
I'm no sure about that last word though. Anyway, more pictures less talk eh? Here then.

http://www.geocities.com/poopo_kiminy/skinnydogpillsketch.jpg

This next one is still of Skinny dog, more of an anatomy sketch but I think I like it better. EXCEPT for that fact that his nose is crooked... and I'm sure I've messed up in the anatomy somewhere. See for yourself!

http://www.geocities.com/poopo_kiminy/skinnydogsitsketch.jpg

You'll prolly need to left click>Copy Shortcut>then paste in your browser's address bar! Sorry for the inconvienience! It's worth it though isn't it? It IS for Skinny Dog after all! ;)

Pu the Owl
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:01 AM
For some reason, I find the first one's expression a bit scary :shock: Good sketches though. I like them :D

Hylas
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:55 AM
I agree that the first doggie looks a bit like a psychopat :laugh:
Nice pose for the second one.

Jolie
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Nice drawings, you're very good at it, especially because drawing animals must be difficult.

kupoartist
Oct 10th, 2002, 01:07 PM
hehe... skinny dog reminds me of a guy i know ^_^ ... and I don't know any guys who like dogs of course :D
I really like the first one... he looks real cute (doesn't look scary to me :happy: ) and the second one is equally great - smoking is clearly bad for him... as it is for the skinny guy I also know ^_^

Gadzoox
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Thanks everyone! Yeah,. well he's sorta choking in the first one, eheh
I found out that the lyric is "Taste like GOLD", which is better. :>

Yeah, I've been drawing animals all my life, s its easy for me! :D

Yaaay for Skinny Guy! hehe, Skinny dog drinks and smokes, hehe.
I think he's the depressive side of me, all the bad things I feel, all in one nice neat package! Woo! Yes for emotional release through art! YES! :laugh:

Hylas
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:28 PM
I don't see all this negativeness you mentioned in your skinny dogs though!

Gadzoox
Oct 11th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Really? Well the first is sort of fashioned after that song.

But the second one (the body shot) is loaded with it! The lowered head, slumping position, cigarette, skinniness, sickly looking... Or its supposed to be anway... heh. Ah well!

Black Heart
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:22 PM
The skinny dog is cool Gadzoox. I like the second pic, but the expression of the first one is really well done!
Color them!

Soul Angel
Oct 15th, 2002, 05:39 AM
They're both really good and well drawn.
Your really good at drawing dogs Gadzoox.
Keep it up!

Gadzoox
Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:32 PM
Yaay! Thank you! :D I've got a bunch more of him to show!