View Full Version : Mgs Dvd

MADRUCKIS
Sep 28th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Yup

This is what Hideo announced-
A special documentary on MGS: Sons of Liberty called the
DOCUMENT OF METAL GEAR SOLID 2-and it will be split in two sections
one that has playable VR missions.

The "making of" section gives everything from sketches and games complete scripts to detail 3dD models of levels and characters.
The VR training has 5 different missions designed to get you ready for the upcoming MGS: Substance (sob).

*taken fromtaken from GameInformer-October Issue 114

Whats everyone thinking about that

MakgSnake
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:06 AM
Hmm..I'll Be Getting It Soon. Its Already Out Yo!.!

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 29th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Doesn't it look like someone's just tryin' to make money to you ?

Frozen
Sep 29th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Indeed. because I'll probably buy it pretty soon.

merylsilverburg
Sep 30th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Yes, I'll definitely try to get it....if I can find it on Ebay or something. :laugh:

Daedaelus
Sep 30th, 2002, 02:09 PM
What a retarded idea...

Konami and Hideo are wasting their money.

MakgSnake
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Iguana
Konami and Hideo are wasting their money.
Well They May Be "SPENDING" Their Money, As I Can See. But I AM SURE They Are Gonna Make More Then What They Spent On It!.! So I Wont Be Calling It WASTING!.!

Wasting Is When U Spend On Something, And Not GET Back Anything In Return!.! Which Isn't Going To Happen Here!.!

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Wasting Is When U Spend On Something, And Not GET Back Anything In Return!.! Which Isn't Going To Happen Here!.!

Well, I guess you have a point, MakgSnake, a lot of people who have nothing to do will go out and buy this. ;)

MakgSnake
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:25 PM
Well, I guess you have a point, MakgSnake, a lot of people who have nothing to do will go out and buy this. ;)
This Document Shows HOW The GAME WAS MADE, The DETAILS. The INFO U'll Get About "VIDEOGAMES" In General Is Amazing

And The AMOUNT OF DETAIL And Information U'll Get About METAL GEAR SOLID................. ONLY GOD KNOWS That!.!

If Ure A True Gamer, U'll Understand, But Sadly Ure Not!.!

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

This Document Shows HOW The GAME WAS MADE, The DETAILS. The INFO U'll Get About "VIDEOGAMES" In General Is Amazing

And The AMOUNT OF DETAIL And Information U'll Get About METAL GEAR SOLID................. ONLY GOD KNOWS That!.!

If Ure A True Gamer, U'll Understand, But Sadly Ure Not!.!

Yes, of-course I'm not a real gamer. MakgSnake is the gaming god...

And, what are you going to do this DVD, go out and make your own bootleg version of MGS?

Finally, you have no idea what kind of gamer I am, so please don't judge my gaming abilities.

MakgSnake
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:49 PM
Yes, of-course I'm not a real gamer. MakgSnake is the gaming god...

And, what are you going to do this DVD, go out and make your own bootleg version of MGS?

Finally, you have no idea what kind of gamer I am, so please don't judge my gaming abilities.
Well The Way Ure Acting.. It Shows A Bit What TYPE Of Gamer U Are!.! Not INTRESTED In DVD........That Is The NEXT BEST THING After Ps2!.!

Hey Did U Know.... U Get A FREE DEMO Of "Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance"... In THIS DVD?........

And If Ure Not Intrested, It'll Be Better To Shut Up!.!

merylsilverburg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:29 PM
Um....things are getting a bit heated in here....:P

On a lighter note, does anyone know if this documentary will be sold in just...regular stores or something? I went to my sh*tty Best Buy looking for it (maybe a dumb idea, but I just thought they would have it since they think they're gods :sarcasm: ) and it wasn't there. And I asked one of the employees when they'll be getting it in or if they will stock it and the guy looked at me blankly like "There's a Document of MGS2 for the PS2?" :sarcasm: :disturb: :frust:

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:33 PM
And If Ure Not Intrested, It'll Be Better To Shut Up!.!

God, why are you getting so angry? I was just having a constructive argument with you, I don't want it to escalate to a Flame War.

merylsilverburg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:57 PM

God, why are you getting so angry? I was just having a constructive argument with you, I don't want it to escalate to a Flame War.

Well...I'm sure that Makg was unhappy when you said that "a lot of people with nothing to do will go out and buy this". I mean...your statement might be true, but a lot of MGS fans will like to get this documentary since we enjoyed the game so much and are interested in seeing how the game was made and so on and so forth. Not only that, but it's also a collecting item as well. :D So, I'm sure that those people with nothing to do are probably not real MGS freaks which is why they won't go out and get it. Either that or they just simply like the game but not love it. :)

Daedaelus
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Well...I'm sure that Makg was unhappy when you said that "a lot of people with nothing to do will go out and buy this". I mean...your statement might be true, but a lot of MGS fans will like to get this documentary since we enjoyed the game so much and are interested in seeing how the game was made and so on and so forth. Not only that, but it's also a collecting item as well. :D So, I'm sure that those people with nothing to do are probably not real MGS freaks which is why they won't go out and get it. Either that or they just simply like the game but not love it. :)

It's cool. I just think that it serves no purpose, but I understand that some hardocre MGS fans might still want it.

Beretta55
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:44 PM
yeah i might get it if i have money that is...my best bet is probally ebay they have everything:laugh:

merylsilverburg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by beretta55
yeah i might get it if i have money that is...my best bet is probally ebay they have everything:laugh:

Trust me, man, they have it. I saw one just yesterday, but I think I missed it. Damn!

Esjay
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:39 PM
I'll probably get it. I haven't seen it in stores or anything though, when does it come out again?

Vic Viper
Oct 9th, 2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Esjay
I'll probably get it. I haven't seen it in stores or anything though, when does it come out again?

dude, its already out.;)

MADRUCKIS
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:18 AM
Damn
Came back to this thread after weeks and I missed something..oh well.
More info on whats in it.
the 3d models are more tha you think. You can actaully look at the characters and dress them however you want. Give Snake a mowhawk for all I care.
There's the level models which include some that didn't make the game. That must be cool. For any MGS fan, it's a get me.

Didn't know it was out so I'll just look for it tommorow.

Oh and in Makgsnakes defense, some people take this as a big thing. Especially since Substance is an Xbox exclusive for a while. It's only $20.....it's not the price of a game anyways. You insulted the pride of MGS fan in Makg, I feel where he's comin from but thats what happens when you get defensive about people calling something you what pointless.
Thats all.

merylsilverburg
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Didn't know it was out so I'll just look for it tommorow.

Ah, lucky you living in NY. For some of us, Ebay is the only place. :(

Oh and in Makgsnakes defense, some people take this as a big thing. Especially since Substance is an Xbox exclusive for a while. It's only $20.....it's not the price of a game anyways. You insulted the pride of MGS fan in Makg, I feel where he's comin from but thats what happens when you get defensive about people calling something you what pointless.
Thats all.

Well said, MAD. :)

Frozen
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:33 AM
Whoa, ever since it's so cheap, and I'M SO CHEAP I'll be getting it sooner than what I thought, if it's for only 20 bucks :D

MADRUCKIS
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:38 PM
yeah....don't let no place charge you more than 30 for it cause some try to sell it a game. I haven't found it yet but my freind warned me about it.

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 02:12 AM
So I'm wondering............
after the whole dicussion......did anyone get it?
I didn't cause it took me sometime to find it. I found it at a EB for $20. I'm intrested to see what people think about it!:peoples:

merylsilverburg
Oct 24th, 2002, 04:58 AM
You wouldn't believe what happened....I just recently went to Chicago and I went to the EB store in this huge-ass mall.....I went and searched and searched and it wasn't there. ARGH!......:frust: I didn't dare ask anyone about it since all the guys in there were looking at me like "What's a chick doing in here?" :sarcasm: *sniff* Guess I'll never get it now. *runs to the corner*
MAD, did you get it? How is it? :D

MADRUCKIS
Oct 24th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Tell you over the weekend Meryl. Getting it tommorow (Fri) but that means I'll be playing Hitman2, Wild Arms 3, AND messin with that MGS dvd.

Sheesh...and I reserved GTA for Tues.-thank goodness I don't work during the week anymore........:laugh:

merylsilverburg
Oct 25th, 2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Tell you over the weekend Meryl. Getting it tommorow (Fri) but that means I'll be playing Hitman2, Wild Arms 3, AND messin with that MGS dvd.

Sheesh...and I reserved GTA for Tues.-thank goodness I don't work during the week anymore........:laugh:

Alright, cool. Thanks man. :)
And yeah, I know what you mean. I wanted to try out Hitman 2, the documentary, and Sly Cooper, but now that Vice City is coming out....man oh man, I'll be playing nothing else for a few months but that. :cool: :D

MADRUCKIS
Oct 26th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Well here's my veiws on it:

The DVD itself is full great MG stuff.

I haven't really got through mostof the DVD, I'm just resting my eyes right naw cause it's getting hazy...lol:laugh:

But-it has the script for the game and actual 3D models of all the characters. (even Butt Naked Raiden!?!?!?!):shock:
Dunno if anyone likes playing dress up but you can with some pretty nifty things also, like Snake with an eyepatch.....lol

It has 3D models of the boards you see int he game and it has a couple which actually didn't make the final cut.....

It also has video footage of the steps they took to make the game more of an experience for the game lovers of MG.

Lastly of course is the VR missions, which although there aren't many at all-you can keep playing them just to see Raiden in action!

Good Collectors Stuff