PDA

View Full Version : True Crime: Streets of LA

merylsilverburg
Sep 28th, 2002, 04:00 AM
Anyone heard of this game? For the Xbox (not sure if it's gonna be on PS2 or GC) and it looks......pretty good. I saw the article in OXM and I mean...it's almost similar to GTA3 because you can go anywhere and do anything. They modeled the city after 400 square miles of authentic LA streets, so you have to remember street names to help you get to your destination (there's a map still). You play as this guy named Nick Kang, a member of the LAPD task force, recruited to take down the Chinese Triad and Russian Mafia. This guy has a reputation of getting the job done and it's up to the player's decision how they want to. It sounds pretty interesting and the graphics look okay, a bit more sharper than GTA3, I admit. I just hope this isn't a GTA3 replica that's all....

GaseousSnake
Sep 28th, 2002, 02:52 PM
The game is for all 3 consoles

AudioBoxer
Sep 28th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Ya its for all 3, I read the preview about 3 issues ago on Game Informer! I think it looks like a really great game. I cant wait till play it!

Harry
Sep 29th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Meryl, you should also take a look at The Getaway. Sony is doing a marvellous job on this one ;)

AudioBoxer
Sep 29th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Harry that is true, that game also looks very very good! I read that they are doing a acual map of london for the game, so you will be able to cruise london!

merylsilverburg
Sep 29th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Harry
Meryl, you should also take a look at The Getaway. Sony is doing a marvellous job on this one ;)

Oh yes, I've heard about The Getaway and it looks nice, I know. ;) I'm looking forward to The Getaway and True Crime...I guess I'll have to see which one is the better of the two. :D