PDA

View Full Version : Snake's Tales (boo Hooo)

MakgSnake
Sep 24th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Ok We Are Gonna Get 5 NEW Stories Related To Solid Snake. With Totally New STUFF To Do.

Well The FIRST Let DOWN Of This Feature WAS That, The Stories Are Totally New (Not A PART Of Sons Of Liberty). Like I Mentioned Before.

But This Is The LATEST News On Snake's Tales That, They Havn't Added Any New Cinemas To This PART Of The GAME So ALL OF The Story And Information Is Presented As Text That U Read Before And ThroughOut The Mission!.! How Stupid Can THAT BE. And The Reason This Was Done (To Save Some Money). How Low Can KONAMI Get.......

Damn I Am Pissed Now!.! (I Dont Care If We GET New Solid Snake's Tales Here In Substance) I Have The Right To Be PISSED At Kojima, As I Am A HUGE Fan Of The Game And Loved The MOST Thing About It Was The "Diolouges" And The "Cinemas".

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 24th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Yeah i read about this on ign.Its sort of mortifying that Konami would do something like that.There basically slapping on VR's and some thrown together side missions with no extra work or anything.Makes me kinda mad.But hell I'll still get the game to check out snake skateboarding :)

Qjij_jijQ
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Do you know if there is goin' to be 'new' villains in those stories ?

MakgSnake
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Qjij_jijQ
Do you know if there is goin' to be 'new' villains in those stories ?
They Are Not EVEN Adding Voice Overs Yo, So U Seriously THINK New Villans Could COME In? No Way!.! Konami Is Being A CHEAP ASS. Thats All :mad:

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 25th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

They Are Not EVEN Adding Voice Overs Yo, So U Seriously THINK New Villans Could COME In? No Way!.! Konami Is Being A CHEAP ASS. Thats All :mad:

Its kinda crazy.Kojima was calling substance a complete version.From what is being said now with no new cutscenes and stuff it doesnt seem very complete.Hell we won't even get to see Snakes side of the plant chapter.

MakgSnake
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Its kinda crazy.Kojima was calling substance a complete version.From what is being said now with no new cutscenes and stuff it doesnt seem very complete.Hell we won't even get to see Snakes side of the plant chapter.
Yeah..... And Saying That "MGS2 Sheds Its SKIN" And Stuff Like That. Seems Like Its Shedding It's Fleas. Nothing More Then THAT!.!

merylsilverburg
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:08 PM
I got my November issue (kinda early, but oh well) of EGM today and they had this article on MGS Substance:

Electronic Gaming Monthly- Issue 160- November
Fresh Gear: It's Substance over style for the Xbox version of Metal Gear Solid 2

Even one year later, there are moments in MGS2 you never forget: Raiden battling three giant REX robots at once; Solid Snake jumping into the sea to chase after his nemesis, Revolver Ocelot; you tapping a button over and over trying to skip through endless, confusing dialogue....OK, they aren't all necessarily happy memories. But the new version of the game, MGS2: Substance, heading to the Xbox this fall and the PS2 early next year, adds more action and pure gameplay to balance out the story-heavy main game (which is also included in Substance). Here's the new stuff you can play as either Raiden or Snake, with slight differences depending on whom you pick:
SNAKE TALES
These five levels might be the best part about Substance for those of us who have already played MGS2. Each is its own self-contained story, starring Solid Snake and using the same enviroments and characters from MGS2. Think of Snake Tales as slices from the game in some alternate Twilight Zone dimension. For example, in one mission, Solid Snake- not Raiden- is called in to defeat the terrorists and rescue the president from Big Shell. He meets Secret Service Ames- but in a different location this time. And in the hostage room, he must listen for a woman dialing a cell phone, not a man's heartbeat. Snake Tales use the same framework, levels, and people as MGS2, mix them all up, and pad 'em out with new story sequences (all told through text).

VR MISSIONS
You get almost 200 of these training-style mini-games, in four flavors: Sneaking (use stealth to get to the goal), First person (complete missions entirely from a first-person perspective) and Variety (a smorgasbord combining elements from all of the above). Because all of these missions are set on a sort of virtual-reality "holodeck," backgrounds are very simple, but the game does change the look of the levels to morning, evening, or night after checking your Xbox's internal clock. You're also scored on all your missions; do well, and you may unlock some secrets.

ALTERNATE MISSIONS
Like the VR missions= but set in enviroments from teh actual game (the Big Shell oil rig and tanker boat)- the Alternate Missions explore some of the more quirky bits of MGS2's gameplay: Bomb Disposal (locate and disarm hidden explosives), Eliminate (kill everything that moves), Hold Up (sneak up and draw your weapon on all guards without being seen or firing a shot), and Photo (match a picture of an object hidden somewhere in the level with your own snapshot).

NEVER PLAYED METAL GEAR SOLID 2?
You're in luck. The full standard version of Sons of Liberty is included in Substance as well, with an added perk: now you can play through the whole thing as Solid Snake or Raiden. (In the original, you start as Snake and switch to Raiden a couple of hours in.) All the dialogue, item locations and story elements are still exactly the same as in the original PS2 version- buy hey, you've never played it before, right? You also get another difficulty level- even harder than the super-uber-tough Extreme- for a little added replay value. And remember, when you start to hear Rose drone on and on about when she and Raiden first met (you'll know what we're talking about soon enough), you've got all those extra VR missions to play instead.

You know...after reading this and all...it doesn't make me very excited about Substance. I mean, hell, I'm still gonna get it, but it just might be real disappointing.

On another subject, the mag also mentioned that the Documentary of MGS2 is out...Sept. 24. Just yesterday. I still have no idea where to get it. :P

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Yeah it doesnt look like awhole lot but its a purchase for a MGS fan :).What i dont get is why konami didnt do something like "make your own vr mission" or something to add some more mix to it.

merylsilverburg
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Yeah it doesnt look like awhole lot but its a purchase for a MGS fan :).What i dont get is why konami didnt do something like "make your own vr mission" or something to add some more mix to it.

Nah, they're probably saving that for MGS3: Substance or something. :laugh:

Vic Viper
Sep 26th, 2002, 12:18 AM
i dont care, im still getting the game...

Frozen
Sep 26th, 2002, 02:10 AM
So if I got it right, besides the VR missions and exact original game,you can play as Snake in 2 different ways:

1) In "Snake Tales mode"
2)In "choose your player mode"

Now, what will happen when you choose Snake to play with him in the Tanker? will Rose and the col tlak to him like if he was Raiden, or will it be just like we discussed it before in one of Makg's threads? I'm a little bit confused right now about that.

And thanks Meryl for the info ^_^

merylsilverburg
Sep 26th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
Now, what will happen when you choose Snake to play with him in the Tanker? will Rose and the col tlak to him like if he was Raiden, or will it be just like we discussed it before in one of Makg's threads? I'm a little bit confused right now about that.

Good question and I'm afraid I have no idea. :P Maybe the Col. and Rose will talk to him like he's Raiden, but I don't see how that'll work...I mean...if they switch roles and all, it'd be a little confusing...Raiden as "The Legendary Solid Snake" and Solid Snake being Raiden....o_O;;;

MakgSnake
Sep 26th, 2002, 07:06 PM
It Really Doesn't Matter, As They CAN Come With Any Storyline If We Play AS SNAKE In The Plant Chapter (As Its NOT Related To Sons Of Liberty) And It'll Be ALL TEXT, So They CAN Put In ANY TEXT And Make ANY STORY And Make SNAKE Talk To ANYONE. Even GreyFox For All I CARE!.! Whats The FUN When We'll Be READING Crap And Not Listening To Anything. (Looks LIKE Metal Gear Goin Back In TIME = Final Fantasy VII VIII IX)

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 26th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Guess they'll be turning substance into an RPG with all kinds of lame text and crap.I mean come on half the greatness of mgs is the voice acting and cinematic cut scenes but without those what is it.Hmmm maybe we can pray that kojima will pull an ace outta his sleeve and make the substance for ps2 something special.

MakgSnake
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:02 PM
.Hmmm maybe we can pray that kojima will pull an ace outta his sleeve and make the substance for ps2 something special.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............................U Know What................................That Just Could Happen............................Like He Did.................................With The EURPEON VERSION....................................He Could Do................................A Little BIGGER Favour..................................To Us PS2 Maniacs.............................That Doesnt.......................................Sound Bad.............................................At All!.!

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............................U Know What................................That Just Could Happen............................Like He Did.................................With The EURPEON VERSION....................................He Could Do................................A Little BIGGER Favour..................................To Us PS2 Maniacs.............................That Doesnt.......................................Sound Bad.............................................At All!.!

Keep your fingers crossed bro.It would definatley kick a$$ if he did

MakgSnake
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:46 PM
My Fingers Will Be Crossed Till THE DAY It Gets Its Release!.!