PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Darkness VS Resident Evil

GaseousSnake
Sep 22nd, 2002, 03:52 PM
Which is the better in your own opinions.

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 22nd, 2002, 04:00 PM
Oh this is a damn hard choice.I havent beat eternal darkness yet but i go with what i know about it.Resident Evil monsters are a bit tougher,ammo is limited,so you have to make a plan on how to use it right.Eternal Darkness has more RPG elements.Cast spells to enhance weapons and such.Story wise i say RE is a bit more intruiging.Puzzles would have to go to eternal darkness.Controls go to ED.I think you can get into RE more its kinda has a little mre fun while ED takes awhile to really enjoy.I think though in the end ED wins by a hair.

GaseousSnake
Sep 23rd, 2002, 02:00 PM
I think i will get ED.

REChick14
Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:15 PM
No Contest. Resident Evil Hands Down. Thats the best survival horror series out there. The characters are awesome! Love the Enemies, Weapons, Surroundings you name it.... I haven't played Eternal Darkness but nothing can take me away from my Resident Evil Games!

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by REChick14
No Contest. Resident Evil Hands Down. Thats the best survival horror series out there. The characters are awesome! Love the Enemies, Weapons, Surroundings you name it.... I haven't played Eternal Darkness but nothing can take me away from my Resident Evil Games!

Yeah i am a huge huge fan of RE man i know everything about the games all the small details and such but still i think that ED is the better game.It brings some new things to the genre that RE needed.I'm not taking anything away from RE but ED is great everyone should own it.

KraftSLU
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:30 AM

Of course it is no contest if youve never played the other game before:laugh:

Beretta55
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:10 AM
i have to say ED it was something new and fresh for me even though RE is still good i like ED better.

MakgSnake
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:49 PM
I know I am totally off-topic, but this is the only Eternal Darkness thread I could find.

I have heard, that David Hayter gives voice overs in Eternal Darkness, please anybody having that game.......can they tell me what character does he play, and how good or bad does he sound. Just wanted to know this bad. Thank you.

I havn't played Eternal Darkness, but I really dont think any game can beat Resident Evil, when it comes to horror. I love Silent Hill, but still........Resident Evil is something totally different (Stylish, Cool) game. I TOTALLY agree with REChick, no matter what, nothing can take me away from Resident Evil. Just like when it comes to Action games, nothing beats Metal Gear. JUST LIKE THAT, nothing beats Resident Evil, when it comes to Survival Horror.

Vicious
Dec 6th, 2002, 03:51 PM
I've played some of the resident evil games and they're scary as krap. I've never played Eternal Darkness, even though i wanted to. I heard that eternal darkness was more about psychological fear. You have this thing called a sanity meter and if it gets too high, you start seeing things like when you pick up a power-up, your head explodes and when you go onto the save screen, you see your files being erased one by one. Scary.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Mercury Shadow
Dec 6th, 2002, 05:57 PM
ED because RE's cam angles are terrible + the series is a bit played out.

Daedaelus
Dec 6th, 2002, 10:42 PM

If you haven't played both games, you shouldn't even post in this thread. :sarcasm:

Anyway, my opinion is ED. The Insanity Meter is so cool and the message that the controller is not in it's port made me jump every single time.

I TOTALLY agree with REChick, no matter what, nothing can take me away from Resident Evil. Just like when it comes to Action games, nothing beats Metal Gear. JUST LIKE THAT, nothing beats Resident Evil, when it comes to Survival Horror.

How can you say that when you have not played both games...? Everything has an equal or better, accept it. No offesnse ofcourse.

MakgSnake
Dec 7th, 2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Iguana

How can you say that when you have not played both games...? Everything has an equal or better, accept it. No offesnse ofcourse.
What both games. I have played Resident Evil and I love it. And no I dont need to play ED to put Resident Evil down. Its something you might not understand (Not saying you are dumb or anything) But its just a hardcore thing.

When I didn't have played "FATAL FRAME", I knew it, no matter how great the game is, it wont be touching Resident Evil series. RE is just huge amazing series. Just like I said about Metal Gear. There is nothing to accept. Not everybody has to agree with you Iguana and your GameCube. No offense.

GaseousSnake
Dec 7th, 2002, 03:36 AM
MAKG you havent played ED yet you keep on saying that RE is better?

REChick14
Dec 7th, 2002, 11:27 AM
OK my friends, what Makg is trying to say is that even if ED is better than RE that nothing compares to RE. It doesnt matter if ED is better because in his heart RE is # 1. So you understand now?

P.S. I agree with Makg, RE kicks ass!

Daedaelus
Dec 7th, 2002, 02:02 PM
What both games. I have played Resident Evil and I love it. And no I dont need to play ED to put Resident Evil down.

I'm not asking you to dump RE when you play ED, just that you post a competely open opinion.

Just like I said about Metal Gear. There is nothing to accept.

I'm not even going to say anything there. Not because I have no answer, but because I don't want to start a flame war.

Not everybody has to agree with you Iguana and your GameCube. No offense.

I'm not asking you to agree, just to understand.

MakgSnake
Dec 8th, 2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Iguana
I'm not asking you to agree, just to understand.
Understand what?? Huh?........Go tell a STAR WARS fan to start loving some other space saga, and see what he/she will do to you. Its like that here. Its not me, but you not understanding what I am trying to say. And again, seriously no need to reply for the above, it'll be ignored.

Daedaelus
Dec 8th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Understand what?? Huh?........Go tell a STAR WARS fan to start loving some other space saga, and see what he/she will do to you. Its like that here. Its not me, but you not understanding what I am trying to say. And again, seriously no need to reply for the above, it'll be ignored.

See... thats what makes you seem so offensive. Nowhere in any of my posts did I tell someone to go and love ED over RE, I posted an opinion. Plus, no need to go around shouting that I'm a GameCube fanboy, I defend all consoles equally. Finally, I'm asking you to understand that you are calling RE an unbeatable survival-horror game without even playing another, how would you know that it is unbeatable unless you have played something that can beat it...?