PDA

View Full Version : about madden 2003

Battousai1
Sep 18th, 2002, 10:21 AM
I know Madden 2003 is a big hit, but will I enjoy playing Madden eventhough I dont know anything about football? or doesnt like f football? like me I dont know anything about football, will I enjoy Madden? In case I learn the rules of Amerian football will I enjoy Madden?

anyone here who enjoys playing Madden but doesnt know anything about football?

1stStrike
Sep 18th, 2002, 02:04 PM
yea i know nothing about football, but the game makes it easy for you so that it doesn't take much to learn. there's arrows that show you where people will go, and if you hit square when you need to choose a play it'll show you "maddens pick" for the play they think you should use (although sometimes it backfires).

i'd recommend getting this game..i'm not a big football fan but i like this one :)

Sid554
Sep 18th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Isn't this thread in the wrong section?

Anyway, I have just one word to describe Madden 2003:

AWESOME!!!

Just keeps getting better and better each year. It will be interesting to see how EA improves upon it next year, though.
Only thing I don't like is the sometimes cheap AI when you play single player. Fortunately online has solved this problem, at least IMO.

Sorry that my post is a little off-topic. I didn't read through the previous threads before I posted.:D

Battousai1
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:37 AM
thnx for the replies!

now the question is: will I enjoy playing Madden eventhough I dont know anything about football? or doesnt like f football?

1stStrike
Sep 19th, 2002, 01:46 PM
I never watch football on TV, I don't go to games and I know nothing about it..but I still enjoy the game.

Answer your question? :P

Sid554
Sep 19th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Battousai1
thnx for the replies!

now the question is: will I enjoy playing Madden eventhough I dont know anything about football? or doesnt like f football?

The only question I have is: why would you play a game about football if you don't like football? I don't particularly like hockey or soccer, so I don't play games based on them-regardless of whether they're good games or not.

jjmoohead
Sep 20th, 2002, 02:49 AM
As for playing a game just cause you dont like the idea??? Play it to try it, if you dont like football play nFL Blitz, its all about big hits where madden is more simulation.

Not sure if your canadian or not but if you are and you know our rules then there is only two things to think about. You get more chances at a first down and even know the field is smaller in America, the field goal kicks are longer cause the uprights are at the back of the endzone, not five yards into the endzone.

Jon0074
Sep 27th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Go for it man. Madden is a great game, plus you can play online. I don't really like hockey and don't know the rules and crap, but I did enjoy playing nhl hitz anyways so go for it.

Mercury Shadow
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:38 PM
I think you'll like it even though you don't know anything about football, although you may need to learn some things to get better, but there are a lot of little things that help you in the game.

All you've gotta know is the multi player is addictive as hell! If you're getting it single player only, and dont know much about football, you may wanna wait till the price drops