PDA

View Full Version : problems

xr2i
Sep 13th, 2002, 05:27 AM
I'm experiencing some problems with my PS2 console... when I insert a disc i get the message "unable to read disc" or something like that. You can hear the disc slam all the time. My question is, will it be solved if i just insert a cleaning-disc or do I really have to buy a new one after 1,5 years of joy and happiness? Please help me out,
best regards,
xr2i

Frozen
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Does your console have a mod chip, or you haven't messed with it yet?

Are you trying to use regulard DVD's, or modded copies?

but I should definitely use a cleaning disc in any case... could be that the lens is dirty, besides, those cleaning discs are not very expensive after all.

Hopefully somebody else will be able to help you better than me :)

XboxKiller
Sep 26th, 2002, 01:41 PM
The same thing happend to me. But I called sony and they are going to repair it for free but They were about to charge me 90 Dollars but I got lucky that time. I still have not got my ps2 back but its on its way.
If you want the number its
1800-345-sony

give them a call they are really nice

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 27th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Well this is what happens if you never clean your ps2 for awhile.The thing is dust builds up on the lens.It makes it hard to read the disc and makes the lens heat up.If the dust is on there for a prolonged time it will burn it out making it fail over and over again.If a cd cleaner doenst work check your warrenty and send it in