PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite in-game world?

Hylas
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:31 PM
I was just wondering...
Which RPG, apart from FF games, does have the most imaginative, fascinating setting?
I repeat, not FF games, so think of other titles!
Not all RPGs are Final Fantasy! ;)

Pu the Owl
Feb 7th, 2002, 06:02 PM
mmm maybe Grandia?
Oh well, I'm not sure. Vagrant Story is my fave non-FF RPG, but the world of that game was not very imaginative after all...
But it has a great atmosphere!

IcyMourdor
Feb 7th, 2002, 06:10 PM
You mean there are Rpgs other than Final Fantasy. Where have I been?

My favorites would have to Legend of Legaia and Legend of Dragoon.

Legend of Legaia: original battle system yet to be copied
great story and music

Legend of Dragoon: battle system is very innovatite
great story and better than average music (could have been composed better).

Pu the Owl
Feb 7th, 2002, 09:16 PM
I think she was talking more specifically of the setting of RPGs, but oh well... :rolleyes:

Pearl
Feb 7th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Yes, VS atmosphere was great, even if gloomy in some parts.
I also like Valkyrie Profile, after palying it. It's not a popular game, but I find it nice and the setting is also good.

JC Denton
Feb 8th, 2002, 04:03 PM
the setting of zelda: oracania of time, i thought was very imaginative, but would you call it an RPG or adventure?....... i dont know, oh well. :confused:

jenova_jeb
Feb 8th, 2002, 11:46 PM
Chrono Cross. I loved the colorful world, and great cities.

JC: Yeah, Zelda is an adventure game. Personally though, I think it should be in the RPG category ;) .

x157anz
Feb 9th, 2002, 05:41 AM
I think Ultima-Online its amazing :)
Although the graphics arnt that good, i still visit all the towns to look around.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:44 PM
Final fantasy.

LiquidSm0ke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:11 PM
Chrono Cross' environments were really nice. Secret of Mana has the best environments I've ever seen, I mean it.

talon101
Mar 9th, 2002, 06:21 AM
besides ff ummm ............
..................Diablo 2 was good
r u aiming at ps2 games or "of all
time"

Spirit
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Diablo II was good, truly, but Xenogears is my favourite even more so than any other ff =P

JC Denton
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:25 PM
i thought the fact that the diablo 2 scenery changed so much was good, my favourite has to be act 2 or 5 they are the best scenery out of the game.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Shenmue- I liked the realism

Oh and I also agree with Mourdor....Legend of Legaia is a really good game!

Srife
Mar 27th, 2002, 06:26 PM
One of my favorite Sceneries is off of Legend of Dragoon. It is a great game but i think it was almost completly stolen from Final Fantasy epics. Then my other favorith scenery is in Chrono Cross.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 11:48 PM
Yeah Chrono Cross' environments were so detailed and had tons of eye candy.

happy_doughnut
Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:50 PM
Yes, CC and VS were really good. Though, I think my favorite other that the FF series would be Zelda: A Link to the Past. Even, though the graphics don't compare to the ones of today, they really gave me the sence of being in a new and quite eccentric world.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:49 PM
I change my vote...after playing the first Lunar and currently playing the second I'm going with the world of Lunar. Each place is so different and unique and full of interesting characters, and it's really cool to be able to revisit some of those places in the second installment and see how the towns and cities have grown.

Macceh^
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:53 AM
shenmue and ultima online i loved shenmue as a game too secondly zelda is an rpg.

JC Denton
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:56 PM
i think zelda is an rpg but i suppose it could always be classed as adventure. But the dungeons are sooo brilliant and detailed, all to a different theme, Its great just to run around and look at all the different places! i thought the forest temple was brilliant and i loved the desert and spirit temple (yes even though i never got pasted the water temple i managed to visit these places, there is nothing to stop you)

happy_doughnut
Apr 6th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I was just thinking that. But well, to me, Zelda is an RPG so there. And you're right, the dungeons were great. All except for the Spirit dungeon, that was an evil place.