PDA

View Full Version : Rate Escaflowne!

Hylas
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Hah, I know it's a shame, but I haven't watched this series yet. -__-;

There's no possibility I can see it on TV, so maybe I should buy at least some episodes.
I know there are some Escaflowne fans around here: can you tell me if it's worth buying or not?

Is there also a manga or only the anime series?

Rei
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Escaflowne is a good series, but it's not one of my faves. Still I have to say you should see it.

About the manga: I don't know, but I don't think there's a manga of this series.

Soul Angel
Feb 7th, 2002, 04:33 PM
I agree Escaflowne is a good series and is well worth seeing :)

IcyMourdor
Feb 7th, 2002, 06:22 PM
This anime is must-have.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 7th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Escaflowne used to be on fox a few years back, it was the single anime that got me hooked to Japanese cartoons. After one episode I loved it. But then it got canceled after nine episodes because of bad ratings.(FOOLS!!!!) And don't count on seeing it on TV any time soon, unless you live in the UK. Because Fox has rights to the series until 2005.

But about purchasing it, go for it. I just bought the first DVD yesterday and I love it. Both the jap voices and American voices are well done, the story is awesome, and the character development is really cool.

It's considered one of the greatest fantasy animes ever made, right next to Record of Lodoss War. And it was from the creator of Macross Plus. If that helps at all.

Pu the Owl
Feb 7th, 2002, 09:23 PM
I haven't watched all the episodes, because I didn't have the time. But from what I've seen it's a good series.. So if you like the style and the genre go and get it.

BowevelJoe
Feb 7th, 2002, 09:32 PM
awsome awsome series, not the best in the world but still a must see. Any one ever seen Gasaraki (sp?) is it any good? i have been looking at it for awhile, but i dont know if its worth getting?

Pearl
Feb 7th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
Any one ever seen Gasaraki (sp?) is it any good? i have been looking at it for awhile, but i dont know if its worth getting?

Never heard of it. But now I'm curious...

Qjij_jijQ
Feb 7th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Well, I don't mean to brag, but I saw the entire Escaflowne serie on YTV ! I'm not really what you could call a 'Big Anime Fan', but I really like the 'Giant Robot' concept... Plus, the battles are pretty cool !

Rating: 7.5/10

Anyway, I guess it's not totally useless to live in Canada ! If you want to know anythin' in particular about the serie, I would be more than glad to give you some info.

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 7th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Escaflowne is one of the best. :)